Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464353 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2016, 01:05:53 AM »
Crime scene investigation should gather facts without making any assumption of what the solution will be.

The problem may arise from determining what constitutes a crime scene. 

Making the assumption that the home of a 'missing juvenile' is the crime scene may be premature and the usual presence of a liaison officer pre empts undue disturbance.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2016, 01:09:53 AM »
Crime scene investigation should gather facts without making any assumption of what the solution will be.

Do you not think that by moving people out of the home there is a risk the possible area of incriminating evidence is extended?
In the TS case, the thimble was well & truly on the thumb. I'm struggling to think of another case off the top of my head where a child's cadaver was hidden in the last known domain during an extensive police search.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2016, 01:17:02 AM »
(snip)..When they looked at their phones it showed neither had used their phone in Portugal until after 11pm on 3 May... (snip)
That's inaccurate, for example her phone had an undeleted record before 11pm, and his phone had a deleted record after 11pm.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2016, 01:40:28 AM »
From an ocean club exchange phone there was a dial-up internet connection for 30 minutes, from 1:45am to 2:15am that night.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2016, 02:00:24 AM »
(snip) ..struggling to think of another case ... (snip)
Zyia, Misty

Offline misty

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2016, 02:09:29 AM »
From an ocean club exchange phone there was a dial-up internet connection for 30 minutes, from 1:45am to 2:15am that night.

What relevance do you place on that? There was an 80 minute dial-up connection on 3/5 at 1021 hrs & 2 others shown during daytime 4/5,

Offline pegasus

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2016, 02:19:02 AM »
What relevance do you place on that? There was an 80 minute dial-up connection on 3/5 at 1021 hrs & 2 others shown during daytime 4/5,
Only posted it because another poster mentioned internet access.

Offline misty

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2016, 02:50:50 AM »
Zyia, Misty

Thanks, just read it. Hardly surprising they didn't find her quickly - bit of a mess. Very sad for the little girl, who was probably dead before anyone realised she was missing. At least the cadaver dogs were effective.
Can't find the complete conclusions of the autopsy - I presume it was treated as an accident as I don't see any further reference to homicide charges?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2016, 03:11:05 AM »
Thanks, just read it. Hardly surprising they didn't find her quickly - bit of a mess. Very sad for the little girl, who was probably dead before anyone realised she was missing. At least the cadaver dogs were effective.
Can't find the complete conclusions of the autopsy - I presume it was treated as an accident as I don't see any further reference to homicide charges?
Yes it would be interesting to see the autopsy result but I can't find.
IMO it was an accident - children are known to fall asleep in odd places - possibly crawled under pile of clothes in closet, fell asleep, possibly choked on something???

Another example: Elisa (took 17 years to find).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:16:30 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2016, 03:37:36 AM »
Yes it would be interesting to see the autopsy result but I can't find.
IMO it was an accident - children are known to fall asleep in odd places - possibly crawled under pile of clothes in closet, fell asleep, possibly choked on something???

Another example: Elisa (took 17 years to find).

Yes. we discussed that one a while ago - a very well-hidden corpse.
I know you are concerned about the missing manhole cover. My concern is the lift shaft.
However, as both SY & the PJ have been absolutely silent about this case for months, I think whatever they are doing merits more than a woke and wandered agenda.
I'd dearly like to know why Amaral is so rattled about the Paraguay issue. It's surely got to be more than just his appeal. Time will tell, we all hope.
Night, Pegasus.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2016, 09:55:39 PM »
Please explain your lift shaft concern Misty.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2016, 10:37:41 PM »
Were there any lengthy phone chats between GM and top-level UK government peeps in Sept 2007 after arguido day?

Offline misty

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2016, 11:05:33 PM »
Please explain your lift shaft concern Misty.

Just as a method for concealment of a cadaver. There's no mention of cadaver dogs carrying out lengthy examinations of other blocks or their elevators.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2016, 11:21:12 PM »
Just as a method for concealment of a cadaver. There's no mention of cadaver dogs carrying out lengthy examinations of other blocks or their elevators.

What lies beneath?

The apartment block is built on a slope.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2016, 11:42:57 PM »
What lies beneath?

The apartment block is built on a slope.

Yes, that's been bugging me for years. I've been told by an architect that there would almost definitely be a void underneath. I can't remember the explanations of the various options, but certainly a likely one would have been to have a crawl space as it would be cheaper, and would also allow access for any major works.