Author Topic: Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva, Driver  (Read 51998 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva, Driver
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2014, 11:05:51 PM »
IIRC some see a general resemblance to one of the efits, but that doesn't mean the efit is him.
BTW I agree with you that this is an innocent man.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2014, 11:12:30 PM »
With all this sudden "activity" do you think something is about to happen or it just some passing weather phenomenon having and adverse effect on things like brains?

Oh most definitely, the position of the moon would have to be re aligned as well...just to be sure no one is barking at it from the wrong angle...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline pegasus

« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2014, 10:56:13 PM »
Right image here

« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:08:45 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2014, 05:07:57 AM »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2014, 05:08:31 AM »

Jose Carlos da Silva (28) used to drive Ocean Club guests to their apartments after arriving from Faro Airport.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:32:02 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2014, 08:52:35 AM »
I reckon she's been abducted.

Quite possibly to the ' Land of the Hotrod's '.

Quite painful it has been said.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2014, 09:09:04 AM »

Jose Carlos da Silva (28) used to drive Ocean Club guests to their apartments after being ferried from Faro Airport.

Shame he doesn't have Carter Ruck, he would be having a field day....
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:49:45 AM by John »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Gadfly2.1

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2015, 09:07:57 PM »
Last year, I contributed to this forum under the name ‘gadfly.’

First, I would like to apologise to S. M, a person of interest in this case.  I contributed to a thread that compiled evidence on this individual from the released PJ files.  I now believe that S.M. played no serious role in this case.  Equally, I would also like to apologise to JCDS who I also highlighted on this forum.  I also now believe that this individual had no substantive role in this case.  I’d also like to reaffirm that this speculation — done with such little regard for the privacy of the said individuals - was wrong.

Second, after studying the case in greater detail, I have reached some firm conclusions.  First, my initial belief that intelligent, decent people are to be believed, especially in cases of such gravity, has been shaken.  I’ve come to a conclusion — after thoroughly studying the evidence of the case and the evolution of public statements made in relation to it — that good people will rationalise away completely unacceptable behaviour if their reputation, finances and family life are in peril. 

And further to this, I’ve been shocked as a deep sense of reality has sunk in.  Some people are willing to promote a lie with such strategic effectiveness, and to such a shocking extent, that many good people across the country suspend their own logic and critical faculties when reaching initial judgements on the case.  Indeed, politicians and journalists alike have been taken in along the way — including Prime Ministers and many national newspaper editors.  Even though the said people that I refer to have attempted to make amends by doing many good deeds since the terrible news of the mid-2000s, which are again partly an attempt to rationalise away the long-standing error in judgement back then, the sheer scale of public money spent on this case alongside the death of a woman — however misguided her online activities were — must ensure that the case is brought to a serious and just end.

On that note, I’d like to also apologise to the lead detective who initially oversaw the case.  Again, I wrote some strong stuff about him — mainly because I was shocked that someone would profit from the death of a young girl (that is indeed my belief).  But on the big calls, I now believe he was right.  While the PJ never doubted their initial judgements, I also believe that Scotland Yard are now also of this view — a view that unfortunately is unavoidable when the evidence is critically studied.

On these forums, I was sceptical of both sides of the argument but particularly found myself repelled by the so called ‘anti’ crowd.  While I believe that some of the charges levied online against the parents are borderline insane — and their methods are generally repetitive, boring and obsessive — I do now feel that the evidence even included in the initial PJ files, not to mention the new investigation, points in a very clear direction.

The key pieces of evidence I believe are now key are:
The Smith sighting.
The EVRD alerts.
Inconsistencies in the statements made in public by past arguidos — which if studied alongside other developments in the case can actually be analysed to produce a worrying conclusion, with a sinking feeling in the gut.
The Renault evidence.
DNA evidence from the holiday apartment.

Unfortunately, I now cannot get past this.  I believe the coming months may well create a deep sense of shock as the case nears its conclusion.  A sad but understandable tale.

A final thing is that however shocked we all may well be in the end, it is never an excuse to resort to conspiracy theories, online abuse, or the vilification of people who acted in a rational manner (at least in terms of their own lives).

Thanks, Gadfly.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:10:34 PM by Gadfly2.1 »

Vulcair Anasak

« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2015, 09:36:12 PM »
Quite possibly to the ' Land of the Hotrod's '.

Quite painful it has been said.

Who is this Hotrod you refer to?

« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2015, 03:48:03 PM »
So what is definitively known about this arguido then? 

1) Questioned on the basis of phone data.
2) On his balcony on the night, watching the search unfold -- but didn't help.
3) Lives close by to the Ocean Club.
4) Knows the Ocean Club intimately - worked there at the time.
5) Single, own apartment.
6) Convicted of burglary in the past.
7) Unskilled worker, low socio-economic status.

--
Witness Statement
Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva
Date: 2007-05-08
Place of Work: OC

Comes to the process as a witness.

He has worked as a driver at the OC since the 26th March of this year. His functions consist of driving the tourists from the reception to the apartments where they are staying. His working hours are from 11.00 to 16.00, except for Thursdays and Saturdays which are the days guests arrive and leave and when he starts and finishes work much earlier and later. He knows the resort well as he circulates throughout the whole resort.

When asked whether he knows about the disappearance he says that he heard about it on the day of the disappearance at about 23.00 because he was on his balcony and two men passed by and asked him whether he had seen a small girl who had gone missing from a restaurant. On the following day when he arrived at work he was told all the details. When asked, he replies that he does not think he saw or spoke to the girl or her family before the disappearance. He only knew who they were from the news.

Nobody made any comments to him about the guests or about children in the preceding days.
He did not see anyone suspicious or any unusual vehicles.
No more is said.
Reads, ratifies, signs.
--

Oh this takes on a new thinking for me... his pictures are similar to Gerry in some instances.

Hmmmm

Offline mercury

« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2015, 03:06:14 AM »
Just another innocent person being dragged through the press as being involved or potentially involved, Ive lost count how many that is now, pretty disgraceful at best

« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2015, 12:33:22 PM »
Just another innocent person being dragged through the press as being involved or potentially involved, Ive lost count how many that is now, pretty disgraceful at best

I agree about people being tried by media, but I believe his where abouts and behaviour, along with others, warrents him being questioned at least.

We need motive, means and opportunity.

Offline misty

« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2015, 09:21:21 PM »

According to the media, he is still an arguido. However, I understand that a person can only remain an arguido for a period of 8 months before the status must be altered. That period must be due to expire any day now.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2015, 09:29:02 PM »
According to the media, he is still an arguido. However, I understand that a person can only remain an arguido for a period of 8 months before the status must be altered. That period must be due to expire any day now.

It can be extended.

Offline jassi

« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2015, 10:01:22 PM »
But presumably only if there is good reason.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future