Author Topic: Did Nevill Bamber have siblings or cousins?  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Angelo222

Did Nevill Bamber have siblings or cousins?
« on: October 06, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »
Can I ask if anyone knows whether Nevill Bamber had brothers or sister or any full cousins?  I have never heard anyone refer to them so was simply curious.   >@@(*&)
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Dillon

Re: Did Nevill Bamber have siblings or cousins?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 12:15:58 PM »
Can I ask if anyone knows whether Nevill Bamber had brothers or sister or any full cousins?  I have never heard anyone refer to them so was simply curious.   >@@(*&)

As far as I know Nevill just had the one sister who had died, but I don't know when. Anthony Pargeter and his sister ( I don't know her name either but I have heard that she too has sadly died ) were Nevill's nephew and niece. I think that he was very good to them and they spent time at WHF during school holidays etc.

Nevill had inherited a large house in Guildford when his mother died not long before the murders. I think it was assumed that the Pargeters would inherit this after the events at WHF but then I have heard that the Pargeters, who were quite young and maybe gullible, were egged on by the press and got legal advice that if it could be established that June died before Nevill, they would also be entitled to a share of assets, including the Osea Road caravan park which understandably had been considered to be  part of June ( nee Boutflour )'s estate. Hence all the expensive legal wrangling which those who hate the family enjoy interpreting as a greedy dispute within this " horrible " family. Actually, they are very nice ordinary farming folk who got caught up in this dreadful never ending nightmare . 

Dillon

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 05:46:52 PM »
I meant to say that June Bamber was nee Speakman. Her mother, Mabel Speakman of Vaulty Manor, was born a Bunting, one of a large extended farming family .

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 06:03:01 PM »
It is dreadful how one black sheep can bring a family so much trouble and stress for a quarter of a century.  If Jeremy had any thought he would bring this whole fiasco to an end.  Truth is he doesn't want to because at the end of the day they are no kin to him.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Myster

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 06:34:31 PM »

As far as I know Nevill just had the one sister who had died, but I don't know when. Anthony Pargeter and his sister ( I don't know her name either but I have heard that she too has sadly died ) were Nevill's nephew and niece. I think that he was very good to them and they spent time at WHF during school holidays etc.

Nevill had inherited a large house in Guildford when his mother died not long before the murders. I think it was assumed that the Pargeters would inherit this after the events at WHF but then I have heard that the Pargeters, who were quite young and maybe gullible, were egged on by the press and got legal advice that if it could be established that June died before Nevill, they would also be entitled to a share of assets, including the Osea Road caravan park which understandably had been considered to be  part of June ( nee Boutflour )'s estate. Hence all the expensive legal wrangling which those who hate the family enjoy interpreting as a greedy dispute within this " horrible " family. Actually, they are very nice ordinary farming folk who got caught up in this dreadful never ending nightmare .

According to Colin Caffell, Nevill had two older sisters,

Audrey who died of meningitis in January, 1949.

Diana, who promoted safaris and big game parks in East Africa. She died in a car accident in heavy rain as she was being driven round the course of the East African Safari Rally in March 1968, on a final inspection.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.