Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 92471 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #330 on: February 11, 2021, 03:05:08 PM »
I have received a warning for libel - could a mod kindly tell me who I have libelled please?  If I don't know who or how I have libelled I am liable to libel again.  Many thanks for your co-operation.

Think it is just another one you are going to have to take on the chin and learn from VS (difficult I know if you don't know why you have breached forum rules re libel).

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #331 on: February 11, 2021, 03:32:23 PM »
Think it is just another one you are going to have to take on the chin and learn from VS (difficult I know if you don't know why you have breached forum rules re libel).

It's a good job that some of us aren't quite so keen to issue Warning Points.  The Board would be littered with them.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2021, 03:33:24 PM »
I'm assuming it's because I wrote something along the lines that Amaral resigned so that he could be free to cash in on the disappearance of a missing child, which is factually correct but some people obviously think it's a lie.  Weird...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2021, 03:41:51 PM »
Apparently it is not libellous to accuse the McCanns of "cashing in"

"The sun headlines about their sex life obviously had an impact- why that was in the book about a 4 year old child is beyond me. They book should not have been called after a child if the book was not about the child. Cashing in on their daughters name comes to mind of many I speak with".

https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9630.msg466537#msg466537
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2021, 03:45:28 PM »
And of course there are numerous posts accusing other authors of books about the case of "cashing in" on this forum, but dare accuse St Gonc of Amaral of cashing in and whoosh, post vamooshed and points awarded. 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2021, 04:38:49 PM »
And of course there are numerous posts accusing other authors of books about the case of "cashing in" on this forum, but dare accuse St Gonc of Amaral of cashing in and whoosh, post vamooshed and points awarded.

But Amaral did cash in.  That much is obvious.  Otherwise why didn't he give his book away for free?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2021, 04:46:36 PM »
But Amaral did cash in.  That much is obvious.  Otherwise why didn't he give his book away for free?
Well obviously he did but you aren’t allowed to say so on this forum.  Why not?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2021, 04:54:15 PM »
Well obviously he did but you aren’t allowed to say so on this forum.  Why not?

Let's see, shall we.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2021, 05:12:03 PM »

He cashed in with big bucks or Euros from his book on Madeleine and states in the translation from the French that he had to leave the Judicial police to do so. (In my opinion jumping before you are pushed springs to mind).  He also forged a lucrative career based on Madeleine's misfortune as a television pundit.
After his success with the Television documentary, yet another money spinner, I believe there was talk of a big screen movie version.
Madeleine and her family did indeed keep the wolf from the door in what appears to have been rapidly becoming a literary genre instituted by criminal cops and botched investigations.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #339 on: February 11, 2021, 05:14:19 PM »
Ah, the good old days when you could write this on the forum and not get a warning

“Dress it up however you like - Amaral cashed in pure and simple.  He's made a career out of Madeleine and libelling her parents ever since,  the unpleasant little weasel.    If he'd written an objective book that was scrupulously factual and honest and without his barmy theories then I might think slightly better of him - as it is it's very obvious  that his twin motives for writing the book were greed and to try and rescue his reputation.  In my opinion, of course”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #340 on: February 11, 2021, 05:14:36 PM »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #341 on: February 11, 2021, 05:14:49 PM »

The irony is that his supporters did give it all away for free 😂😂

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2021, 05:15:41 PM »
He cashed in with big bucks or Euros from his book on Madeleine and states in the translation from the French that he had to leave the Judicial police to do so. (In my opinion jumping before you are pushed springs to mind).  He also forged a lucrative career based on Madeleine's misfortune as a television pundit.
After his success with the Television documentary, yet another money spinner, I believe there was talk of a big screen movie version.
Madeleine and her family did indeed keep the wolf from the door in what appears to have been rapidly becoming a literary genre instituted by criminal cops and botched investigations.
How much did he charge per TV interview?  It was big bucks as I recall...

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #343 on: February 11, 2021, 05:16:02 PM »
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 05:26:17 PM by Brietta »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #344 on: February 11, 2021, 05:16:18 PM »
How much did he charge per TV interview?  It was big bucks as I recall...

Good.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.