Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 161709 times)

Offline Poppy123

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2014, 10:10:04 PM »
Could someone refer me to vile/libellous/abusive posts/tweets from McCann supporters please?
Please be specific.
Thanks.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2014, 10:13:33 PM »
Trouble is you regard anyone who doubts the McCann's story and voices that doubt as an abuser?
An abuser or an abuse apologist, yes, if you post your "doubts" publicly, and participate in gossip and speculation about all manner of criminal activity that you "sceptics" like to ascribe to your anti-heroes, whilst turning a blind eye to abusers like Rothley Pillow, etc. 

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2014, 10:18:27 PM »
Could someone refer me to vile/libellous/abusive posts/tweets from McCann supporters please?
Please be specific.
Thanks.

I think they have done that.

er

Kate McCann muttering "f****** t*****' in relation to Pavia. 

Vile, abusive, libellous against a poor innocent policeman.  Well, until he was exposed...  8)-)))

Offline Poppy123

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2014, 10:28:00 PM »

er

Vile, abusive, libellous against a poor innocent policeman.  Well, until he was exposed...  8)-)))

"Cough"

Any posts from the McCann supporters that are vile, abusive and libellous?

Offline John

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2014, 10:46:45 PM »

er

You mean the honey trap and blackmail attempt set by someone using a Facebook account?

www.joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/03/mccann-affair-pj-inspector-caught-in.html

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4186129/Maddie-cop-sent-sex-pics-to-Brit-woman.html
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:51:04 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Poppy123

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2014, 11:04:31 PM »
Where are the abusive, libellous and vile comments from the McCann supporters?
Sorry for being repetitive.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2014, 11:22:27 PM »
Where are the abusive, libellous and vile comments from the McCann supporters?
Sorry for being repetitive.
In fairness there have been one or two.  Bennett used to be on the receiving end on all sorts of libellous nonsense from a well known supporter who started off as a Sceptic Troll. And then we have the infamous example recently of a vile series of tweets made to Brenda Leyland by a person who would seem to be a McCann supporter though their timeline on twitter would suggest it was the first time they had ever made any reference whatsoever to the McCann case, so not a fully paid up shill like what you and I are  @)(++(*  But really, on the supporter side, there is nothing like the scale of abuse, slander, spite, relentless accusation and hatred that emanates by the daily bucket-load from the McCann abusers. 

Ironically, there is now a little group of sceptics planning a revenge dossier which aims to compile all of this supposed supporter abuse  (into a fairly brief pamphlet one would suppose) to send off into the eager, waiting arms of the law, a tit-for-tat move which further exemplifies the total hypocrisy of the doubter movement, who continue to wail and gnash their teeth over the cheek of the original dossier compilers for trying to spoil their fun. 

Offline Poppy123

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2014, 11:44:12 PM »
In fairness there have been one or two.  Bennett used to be on the receiving end on all sorts of libellous nonsense from a well known supporter who started off as a Sceptic Troll. And then we have the infamous example recently of a vile series of tweets made to Brenda Leyland by a person who would seem to be a McCann supporter though their timeline on twitter would suggest it was the first time they had ever made any reference whatsoever to the McCann case, so not a fully paid up shill like what you and I are  @)(++(*  But really, on the supporter side, there is nothing like the scale of abuse, slander, spite, relentless accusation and hatred that emanates by the daily bucket-load from the McCann abusers. 

Ironically, there is now a little group of sceptics planning a revenge dossier which aims to compile all of this supposed supporter abuse  (into a fairly brief pamphlet one would suppose) to send off into the eager, waiting arms of the law, a tit-for-tat move which further exemplifies the total hypocrisy of the doubter movement, who continue to wail and gnash their teeth over the cheek of the original dossier compilers for trying to spoil their fun.

So no widespread abuse/libel and vile comments from the McCann supporters?
Taking Bennett to task is justifiable given the dross he has posted over the years. 

Offline misty

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2014, 11:59:41 PM »
So no widespread abuse/libel and vile comments from the McCann supporters?
Taking Bennett to task is justifiable given the dross he has posted over the years.

I have seen some random posts from "McCann supporters" directed at the opposition which I consider were abusive, one of which was to Brenda L (although I didn't see the conversation which led to the abusive post), but the number is minimal compared to the abuse coming the other way.
I'd also dearly like to know why my every comment on another forum has been recorded by at least one sceptic for the last two years - some dossiers must be a long time in the planning. Big Brother or what?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2014, 07:20:27 PM »

“And if they tweet two, three or four thousand tweets against us then we will now tweet 150,000, 180,000, 230,000, 300,000 or 400,000 tweets against them ... The hour will come when one of us will break, and it will not be  us”………………. loud applause.

Oh dear
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

ferryman

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2014, 10:08:13 PM »

Offline QV

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2014, 11:19:39 PM »
Joana has not pulled/withdrawn her article.  It is still there http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/03/mccann-affair-pj-inspector-caught-in.html

Offline John

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2014, 01:45:43 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that everyone who does something untoward on the internet now is being referred to as a troll by our apparently less than well informed main stream media?  I hasten to add that Sky News appears to be the worst offender.

Inferring that all trolls are abusive is frankly misinformed and wrong.  The original troll is mischievous, devious and disruptive to normal discussion and delights in upsetting others.  Often however this can go too far and this is where the abuse usually enters the arena.  In the early days of this forum I was subjected to abuse by the usual suspects on twitter but I soon realised that the smart response is to block them.  Nothing annoys an abusive troll more than simply being ignored.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:07:25 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2014, 07:13:24 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that everyone who does something untoward on the internet now is being referred to as a troll by our apparently less than well informed main stream media?  I hasten to add that Sky News appears to be the worst offender.

Inferring that all trolls are abusive is frankly misinformed and wrong.  The original troll is mischievous, devious and disruptive to normal discussion and delights in upsetting others.  Often however this can go too far and this is where the abuse usually enters the arena.  In the early days of this forum I was subjected to abuse by the usual suspects on twitter but I soon realised that the smart response is to block them.  Nothing annoys an abusive troll more than simply being ignored.

Wonder if HM the Queen will block her twitter trolls?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 03:03:55 PM by Admin »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2015, 06:06:14 PM »
Not sure where to put this....

An article in The Sun on trolls featuring an interview with Rosalinda Hutton.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8q2WZjIEAAj8N3.jpg:large