Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 162246 times)

ferryman

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2015, 10:40:25 PM »
What is your visceral objection to Madeleine McCann's parents keeping her name in the public eye to the extent that officials have been forced to re-open her case ... and as an offshoot do you think the police would be working in Greece on Ben Needham's case if the Drs McCann had not forced action for Madeleine?

One of the troll mantras is " why McCann ... what about all the thousands of other missing children!!" ... in your own way you appear to give succour to that.

It was, until the investigation into Ben's disappearance was re-opened.

I dare say they've got a new mantra now ....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2015, 10:45:44 PM »
It was, until the investigation into Ben's disappearance was re-opened.

I dare say they've got a new mantra now ....

LOL Ferryman ... they have so many they are really spoilt for choice.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2015, 06:07:57 AM »
What is your visceral objection to Madeleine McCann's parents keeping her name in the public eye to the extent that officials have been forced to re-open her case ... and as an offshoot do you think the police would be working in Greece on Ben Needham's case if the Drs McCann had not forced action for Madeleine?

One of the troll mantras is " why McCann ... what about all the thousands of other missing children!!" ... in your own way you appear to give succour to that.

This thread is about trolls. We have established that no-one on here is a troll, unless you wish to accuse? The story you posted wasn't about trolls, but you used it to attack those who ask questions about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Most people associated with the disappearance or present at the time are no longer in the news. Only the McCanns are to blame for the fact that if their children google their sister's name umpteen newspaper stories will come up, some of which have headlines like 'did they kill Maddie'. Whatever is on the internet about the case is there because the McCanns were less than open with the police, less than open with interviewers and less than open with the Fund. They have a responsibility for whatever their children find on the internet; most of it arose because of what they did or said, whatever their motives. They chose to publicise the abduction story for which there's not a shred of proof.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2015, 06:16:26 AM »
This thread is about trolls. We have established that no-one on here is a troll, unless you wish to accuse? The story you posted wasn't about trolls, but you used it to attack those who ask questions about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Most people associated with the disappearance or present at the time are no longer in the news. Only the McCanns are to blame for the fact that if their children google their sister's name umpteen newspaper stories will come up, some of which have headlines like 'did they kill Maddie'. Whatever is on the internet about the case is there because the McCanns were less than open with the police, less than open with interviewers and less than open with the Fund. They have a responsibility for whatever their children find on the internet; most of it arose because of what they did or said, whatever their motives. They chose to publicise the abduction story for which there's not a shred of proof.

8@??)( exactly and as i said they need to put a internet filter on the computers 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2015, 10:55:26 AM »
The story you posted wasn't about trolls by the way.

It was about the unintended effect on an eleven year old child finding graphic content on the internet with a direct link to her family and name.

If you or anyone justifying the trolling of the McCann family stating the use of "internet filters" will protect the children, I fear you may be just a tad out of touch with reality.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2015, 11:09:19 AM »
Well moi dear thass as maybe but moi old grannies headstone was the foinest bit o shaaaarpnin stone in 'ertfordshire theyd come for moils fer sharpen their sickles an' faggin' 'ooks.

Having lived off off Byres Road for a few years I can do Weegie if that suits you better.
See you an' yer wally dugs hen.
Ah well back on yer 'eads.

Nicely put. 8@??)(

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2015, 02:40:33 PM »
It was about the unintended effect on an eleven year old child finding graphic content on the internet with a direct link to her family and name.

If you or anyone justifying the trolling of the McCann family stating the use of "internet filters" will protect the children, I fear you may be just a tad out of touch with reality.

On a website apparently. No trolls involved. evil or otherwise. The thread is about trolls and it's not something I do or would 'justify', thank you.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »
The MSM are the worst offenders when it comes to labelling people internet trolls.  Seems everyone who questions the McCanns story are internet trolls these days, truth seeker Brenda being one of them.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:13:42 PM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline sadie

« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2015, 11:45:26 PM »

Have we?

News to me.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2015, 06:48:08 AM »
Have we?

News to me.

I believe we did so much earlier in the thread. If you disagree we can discuss.

Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2015, 05:19:55 PM »
I believe we did so much earlier in the thread. If you disagree we can discuss.
Maybe you and  a few others on here decided that, but I certainly do not agree.

However I shall not be sharing troll names, atm

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2015, 06:03:57 PM »
Maybe you and  a few others on here decided that, but I certainly do not agree.

However I shall not be sharing troll names, atm

Good, it's not productive and depending on your definition of trolling it could be untrue. At least we're now on topic instead of discussing newspaper stories which weren't about trolls.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2015, 09:16:30 PM »
Good, it's not productive and depending on your definition of trolling it could be untrue. At least we're now on topic instead of discussing newspaper stories which weren't about trolls.

Although trolling behaviour is rife on both sides of the  McCann stories in some quarters, about an alledged abduction, it is only those who question without malice intent are now classified as Trolls- supporters have reinvented the criteria for troll posts.
Cute eh? lol
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2015, 10:01:52 PM »
Although trolling behaviour is rife on both sides of the  McCann stories in some quarters, about an alledged abduction, it is only those who question without malice intent are now classified as Trolls- supporters have reinvented the criteria for troll posts.
Cute eh? lol

According to some supporters trolls are...........anyone who disagrees with them about the Madeleine McCann case.
Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2015, 10:10:06 PM »
According to some supporters trolls are...........anyone who disagrees with them about the Madeleine McCann case.
which supporters are they please?