Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 162245 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #495 on: August 22, 2015, 06:54:30 PM »
An opinion poll ? What like the one that suggested there was a distinct possibility that Labour would win the last election ? That kind of poll ?
You are deflecting.  Here are the facts.

Corbyn supports Raed Salah, thinks he's an honourable man, can't wait to have tea with him on the terrace blah blah blah.
Raed Salah is a supporter of Hamas and has a conviction for Blood Libel.
Hamas support the complete destruction of the state of Israel.
I have proved my point that Corbyn lends his support to individuals who would like to see an end to Israel.
The end.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #496 on: August 22, 2015, 06:57:15 PM »
You are deflecting.  Here are the facts.

Corbyn supports Raed Salah, thinks he's an honourable man, can't wait to have tea with him on the terrace blah blah blah.
Raed Salah is a supporter of Hamas and has a conviction for Blood Libel.
Hamas support the complete destruction of the state of Israel.
I have proved my point that Corbyn lends his support to individuals who would like to see an end to Israel.
The end.

@)(++(* Which takes us neatly back to my original link !
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #497 on: August 22, 2015, 07:02:41 PM »
@)(++(* Which takes us neatly back to my original link !
No it does not.  Your link was idiotic, facile, etc.  I have made a serious point, proven with links and you are unable to counter it.  I take it that you either didn't know or didn't care that your hero JC was such a fan of an anti-Semite.  Never mind, I doubt Corbyn will last long in the job, so the 80% of British Jews who are worried about him probably don't need to worry too much.  Sense will prevail in the end.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #498 on: August 22, 2015, 07:20:51 PM »
No it does not.  Your link was idiotic, facile, etc.  I have made a serious point, proven with links and you are unable to counter it.  I take it that you either didn't know or didn't care that your hero JC was such a fan of an anti-Semite.  Never mind, I doubt Corbyn will last long in the job, so the 80% of British Jews who are worried about him probably don't need to worry too much.  Sense will prevail in the end.

http://members5.boardhost.com/medialens/msg/1440082260.html

Corbyn could have defended himself more robustly on the 7th question, about Raed Saleh.

As the Asa Winstanley piece demonstrates, the conviction which relates specifically to "blood libel" (under the charge of incitement to racism) only came into force last November, after Saleh's previous acquittal (in 2013) on this charge was overturned. (And an appeal is pending)

Therefore there had been no "blood libel"/incitement to racism conviction when Corbyn described Saleh as a "very honoured citizen" in 2011. (That is if I'm right in assuming this is when Corbyn made the remark).

This is the same tactic used by Cathy Newman in the Channel 4 news interview discussed here recently. However Newman is more culpable, because the Jewish Chronicle's question suggests, but does not directly claim, that the "blood libel"/incitement to racism conviction was prior to Corbyn's remark.

In her interview, Newman first implies (at 5:12) that the conviction occurred prior to Corbyn's meeting with Saleh ('So you regret also I assume describing Raed Salah as a very honoured citizen given that he was convicted of the anti-Semitic slander that Jews use the blood of children to make their bread?'ť).

Then (at 6:26), once more in the context of discussion about Corbyn & Saleh's 2011 meeting, she explicitly states that Saleh 'had been convicted'ť. That is untrue.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #499 on: August 22, 2015, 07:33:37 PM »
http://members5.boardhost.com/medialens/msg/1440082260.html

Corbyn could have defended himself more robustly on the 7th question, about Raed Saleh.

As the Asa Winstanley piece demonstrates, the conviction which relates specifically to "blood libel" (under the charge of incitement to racism) only came into force last November, after Saleh's previous acquittal (in 2013) on this charge was overturned. (And an appeal is pending)

Therefore there had been no "blood libel"/incitement to racism conviction when Corbyn described Saleh as a "very honoured citizen" in 2011. (That is if I'm right in assuming this is when Corbyn made the remark).

This is the same tactic used by Cathy Newman in the Channel 4 news interview discussed here recently. However Newman is more culpable, because the Jewish Chronicle's question suggests, but does not directly claim, that the "blood libel"/incitement to racism conviction was prior to Corbyn's remark.

In her interview, Newman first implies (at 5:12) that the conviction occurred prior to Corbyn's meeting with Saleh ('So you regret also I assume describing Raed Salah as a very honoured citizen given that he was convicted of the anti-Semitic slander that Jews use the blood of children to make their bread?'ť).

Then (at 6:26), once more in the context of discussion about Corbyn & Saleh's 2011 meeting, she explicitly states that Saleh 'had been convicted'ť. That is untrue.
You're rapidly becoming a right little JC apologist aren't you Faith?  Let's have a link to Corbyn denouncing Raed Salah's blood libel then.  This is reminding me so much of online arguments I used to have with Nick Griffin apologists a few years back, it's uncanny! @)(++(*
PS: Imagine for one moment that Gerry McCann denied publicly that he had ever met or associated with Jimmy Savile, and then someone dug up a photo of the pair of them shaking hands, now in your world that would make McCann a liar wouldn't it?  Now what's your excuse for Jez denying ever having had anything to do with Dyab Abou Jahjah?  I'm sure you've got a pat response so let's be having it!

stephen25000

« Reply #500 on: August 22, 2015, 07:45:19 PM »

Classic personal attack of using the phrase 'anti-semite'.

Completely nauseous.

So are Jewish people who protest against the Israeli state anti-semitic  ?

Do you support the behaviour of the Israeli state in persecuting the Palestinians ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #501 on: August 22, 2015, 07:47:34 PM »
You're rapidly becoming a right little JC apologist aren't you Faith?  Let's have a link to Corbyn denouncing Raed Salah's blood libel then.  This is reminding me so much of online arguments I used to have with Nick Griffin apologists a few years back, it's uncanny! @)(++(*
PS: Imagine for one moment that Gerry McCann denied publicly that he had ever met or associated with Jimmy Savile, and then someone dug up a photo of the pair of them shaking hands, now in your world that would make McCann a liar wouldn't it?  Now what's your excuse for Jez denying ever having had anything to do with Dyab Abou Jahjah?  I'm sure you've got a pat response so let's be having it!

As you obviously didn't read the link posted by my good self properly here are the answers you require, straight from the horse's mouth.

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/142656/jeremy-corbyn-responds-jc’s-seven-questions

Labour leadership candidate Jeremy Corbyn has responded to the seven questions the JC posed last week about his links with Holocaust deniers and [ censored word]emites.
The JC’s coverage prompted a widespread debate about the company Mr Corbyn keeps.
Here are his answers, sent from his office, in full:
Q1 Did you donate, as alleged by its founder, to Deir Yassin Remembered (DYR), an [ censored word]emitic group run by Holocaust denier Paul Eisen?
Jeremy has no recollection whatsoever of making a donation at all to Deir Yassin Remembered.
Q2 Have you, as Mr Eisen claims, regularly attended DYR’s annual conference?
No, he does not regularly attend DYR’s annual conference.
Jeremy believes that Mr Eisen’s position on the Holocaust is wrong and reprehensible. Holocaust denial is vile and wrong: the Holocaust was the most vile part of our history. The Jewish people killed by the Nazi Holocaust were the people who suffered the most in the 20th century.
He did attend DYR events in the past but no longer does so. DYR was founded in the late 1990s. It is worth noting that in the early stages of DYR’s existence it attracted broad support and only later did Mr Eisen’s views on the Holocaust become apparent.
Jeremy is deeply moved by the massacre of Deir Yassin and feels it should be remembered, however.
Last week's JC front page with the seven questions
Q3 Why have you accepted an invitation to appear at a conference on 22nd August alongside Carlos Latuff, the [ censored word]emitic cartoonist?
Jeremy Corbyn is not speaking at this event.
Q4 Why did you write to the Church of England authorities to defend Rev Stephen Sizer, a vicar banned from social media because of his habit of posting [ censored word]emitic conspiracy theories, telling them that Rev Sizer was “under attack” because he had “dared to speak out over Zionism”?
You are conflating two issues. Mr Corbyn wrote to the Church authorities two years before the 9/11 ‘conspiracy’ post about a different matter altogether. At this point Mr Sizer was involved in a dispute about his involvement in Middle East political issues and Mr Corbyn supported his right to do so. It was much later that Mr Sizer was found to have posted the link to the 9/11 article and then disciplined by the Church. he made no intervention on his behalf or in his support on that question. Neither was he asked to.
Mr Corbyn wholly rejects the conspiracy theory and ‘truther’ theories about the terrorist attacks on September 11th 2001, which are distressing to the families and friends of those lost and hurt on that day and very often involve [ censored word]emitic views to which he has - and always will be - opposed.
Q5 Why do you associate with Hamas and Hezbollah and refer to them as your “friends”?
The term ‘friends’ was used purely as diplomatic language in the context of dialogue, not an endorsement of a particular set of views. In the difficult quest of establishing a peace, it is common for the term “friend” to be used as part of the process. “Friend” in this case becomes a term of diplomacy as an aid to dialogue between disparate groups rather than a description of a relationship or an endorsement of a set of views.
Jeremy has met many people with whom he profoundly disagrees, in order to try to promote a peace process. He has supported and continues to support peace and reconciliation processes in South Africa, Latin and Central America, Ireland and of course in the Middle East. He believes it is necessary to speak to people with whom there is disagreement – merely talking to people who already agree won't bring about a settlement.
Q6 Why have you consistently failed to condemn the [ censored word]emitic posters and banners that dominate the annual Al-Quds Day rally, sponsored by the Stop The War Coalition, which you chair?
Jeremy unequivocally, unreservedly and absolutely opposes and condemns all [ censored word]emitic language, whether on banners and posters or anywhere else.
Q7 Why did you describe Raed Salah, a man convicted of the blood libel, as an ‘honoured citizen’?
The blood libel is one of the most unpleasant anti-Semitic slurs. Jeremy wholly rejects and condemns the blood libel against the Jewish people.
The language used by Jeremy was merely in a diplomatic context – a term of diplomacy as an aid to dialogue rather than a description of a relationship or an endorsement of a set of views. The context was the ongoing case involving Raed Salah’s presence in the UK: he had been due to come to the UK to address MPs and others as a prominent representative of Palestinian citizens of Israel – he had been three times elected Mayor of Umm al-Fahm. He travelled to and entered the UK in the normal way, as he had done a number of times before. Teresa May sanctioned his arrest and detention. His arrest was the subject of considerable controversy, and was objected to by Jews for Justice for Palestinians amongst others: his appeal against the attempt to deport him succeeded on all grounds.
In addition a spokesperson for Mr Corbyn responded to a blog by former Tory MP Louise Mensch which claimed that he had links to former Hizbollah fighter Dyou Abou Jahjah:
"This is an attempt to Jeremy smear by association. The views expressed here are abhorrent. If they are indeed those of Dyou Abou Jahjah there is no suggestion he has said them in Jeremy's hearing. During the course of his work to forward peace processes between disparate groups Jeremy has met many people with views he finds reprehensible. But he believes in determined dialogue and persistent diplomacy as a means to bring about peace whether between neighbours, between peoples or between states. He is a prominent campaigner for human rights, quite without malice. He does not have an [ censored word]emitic bone in his body."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 08:19:05 PM by Faithlilly »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #502 on: August 22, 2015, 10:41:45 PM »
As you obviously didn't read the link posted by my good self properly here are the answers you require, straight from the horse's mouth.

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/142656/jeremy-corbyn-responds-jc’s-seven-questions

Labour leadership candidate Jeremy Corbyn has responded to the seven questions the JC posed last week about his links with Holocaust deniers and [ censored word]emites.
The JC’s coverage prompted a widespread debate about the company Mr Corbyn keeps.
Q1 Did you donate, as alleged by its founder, to Deir Yassin Remembered (DYR), an [ censored word]emitic group run by Holocaust denier Paul Eisen?
Jeremy has no recollection whatsoever of making a donation at all to Deir Yassin Remembered.
Jeremy believes that Mr Eisen’s position on the Holocaust is wrong and reprehensible. Holocaust denial is vile and wrong: the Holocaust was the most vile part of our history. The Jewish people killed by the Nazi Holocaust were the people who suffered the most in the 20th century.
He did attend DYR events in the past but no longer does so. DYR was founded in the late 1990s. It is worth noting that in the early stages of DYR’s existence it attracted broad support and only later did Mr Eisen’s views on the Holocaust become apparent.
Jeremy is deeply moved by the massacre of Deir Yassin and feels it should be remembered, however.
Q3 Why have you accepted an invitation to appear at a conference on 22nd August alongside Carlos Latuff, the [ censored word]emitic cartoonist?
Q4 Why did you write to the Church of England authorities to defend Rev Stephen Sizer, a vicar banned from social media because of his habit of posting [ censored word]emitic conspiracy theories, telling them that Rev Sizer was “under attack” because he had “dared to speak out over Zionism”?
You are conflating two issues. Mr Corbyn wrote to the Church authorities two years before the 9/11 ‘conspiracy’ post about a different matter altogether. At this point Mr Sizer was involved in a dispute about his involvement in Middle East political issues and Mr Corbyn supported his right to do so. It was much later that Mr Sizer was found to have posted the link to the 9/11 article and then disciplined by the Church. he made no intervention on his behalf or in his support on that question. Neither was he asked to.
Mr Corbyn wholly rejects the conspiracy theory and ‘truther’ theories about the terrorist attacks on September 11th 2001, which are distressing to the families and friends of those lost and hurt on that day and very often involve [ censored word]emitic views to which he has - and always will be - opposed.
Q5 Why do you associate with Hamas and Hezbollah and refer to them as your “friends”?
The term ‘friends’ was used purely as diplomatic language in the context of dialogue, not an endorsement of a particular set of views. In the difficult quest of establishing a peace, it is common for the term “friend” to be used as part of the process. “Friend” in this case becomes a term of diplomacy as an aid to dialogue between disparate groups rather than a description of a relationship or an endorsement of a set of views.
Jeremy has met many people with whom he profoundly disagrees, in order to try to promote a peace process. He has supported and continues to support peace and reconciliation processes in South Africa, Latin and Central America, Ireland and of course in the Middle East. He believes it is necessary to speak to people with whom there is disagreement – merely talking to people who already agree won't bring about a settlement.
Q6 Why have you consistently failed to condemn the [ censored word]emitic posters and banners that dominate the annual Al-Quds Day rally, sponsored by the Stop The War Coalition, which you chair?
Jeremy unequivocally, unreservedly and absolutely opposes and condemns all [ censored word]emitic language, whether on banners and posters or anywhere else.
Q7 Why did you describe Raed Salah, a man convicted of the blood libel, as an ‘honoured citizen’?
The blood libel is one of the most unpleasant anti-Semitic slurs. Jeremy wholly rejects and condemns the blood libel against the Jewish people.
The language used by Jeremy was merely in a diplomatic context – a term of diplomacy as an aid to dialogue rather than a description of a relationship or an endorsement of a set of views. The context was the ongoing case involving Raed Salah’s presence in the UK: he had been due to come to the UK to address MPs and others as a prominent representative of Palestinian citizens of Israel – he had been three times elected Mayor of Umm al-Fahm. He travelled to and entered the UK in the normal way, as he had done a number of times before. Teresa May sanctioned his arrest and detention. His arrest was the subject of considerable controversy, and was objected to by Jews for Justice for Palestinians amongst others: his appeal against the attempt to deport him succeeded on all grounds.
In addition a spokesperson for Mr Corbyn responded to a blog by former Tory MP Louise Mensch which claimed that he had links to former Hizbollah fighter Dyou Abou Jahjah:
"This is an attempt to Jeremy smear by association. The views expressed here are abhorrent. If they are indeed those of Dyou Abou Jahjah there is no suggestion he has said them in Jeremy's hearing. During the course of his work to forward peace processes between disparate groups Jeremy has met many people with views he finds reprehensible. But he believes in determined dialogue and persistent diplomacy as a means to bring about peace whether between neighbours, between peoples or between states. He is a prominent campaigner for human rights, quite without malice. He does not have an [ censored word]emitic bone in his body."
Who is Jez's spin doctor?

ETA when I clck on the link above it taked me to the Jewish Chronicle which you were rubbishing earlier, and the first story is about the poll I mentioned about 7 out of 10 British Jews being concerned about JC's probable election as Labour leader.... &%+((Ł
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 10:54:30 PM by Alfred R Jones »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #503 on: August 22, 2015, 10:58:36 PM »
I prefer to judge a man by his actions rather than mealy mouthed excuses and epithets hastily cobbled together by an anonymous spin doctor, but that's just me.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #504 on: August 22, 2015, 11:50:59 PM »
Classic personal attack of using the phrase 'anti-semite'.

Completely nauseous.

So are Jewish people who protest against the Israeli state anti-semitic  ?

Do you support the behaviour of the Israeli state in persecuting the Palestinians ?
Anti-semite is an accurate term for someone who claims that Jews mix the blood of children in their bread wouldn't you say? 

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #505 on: August 22, 2015, 11:52:47 PM »
Stephen finds me nauseous for pointing out the fact that someone convicted of blood libel is anti-semitic.  It's a crazy old mixed-up world and no mistake!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #506 on: August 23, 2015, 12:00:05 AM »
Who is Jez's spin doctor?

ETA when I clck on the link above it taked me to the Jewish Chronicle which you were rubbishing earlier, and the first story is about the poll I mentioned about 7 out of 10 British Jews being concerned about JC's probable election as Labour leader.... &%+((Ł

The article doesn't state if the poll was conducted before or after JC answered the Jewish Chronicle's questions and I see almost as many of the respondents said they voted conservative in the last election as 'are concerned' by JC's alleged comments. Coincidence ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #507 on: August 23, 2015, 12:00:49 AM »
I prefer to judge a man by his actions rather than mealy mouthed excuses and epithets hastily cobbled together by an anonymous spin doctor, but that's just me.

*Irony Klaxon*

Offline sadie

« Reply #508 on: August 23, 2015, 12:03:17 AM »

Gawd, what's all this about?   A Party Political Broadcast?

Is it on topic, in any way or form ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #509 on: August 23, 2015, 12:06:10 AM »
Stephen finds me nauseous for pointing out the fact that someone convicted of blood libel is anti-semitic.  It's a crazy old mixed-up world and no mistake!

Perhaps he would find you a little less nauseous if you gave him a straight answer to his straight questions ?