Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 162244 times)

Lyall

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #525 on: August 23, 2015, 02:31:03 PM »
I think we have seen today further proof (sadly now deleted) that a troll is anyone whose views you don't agree with, or who you feel has got the better of a poster who shares your views in a debate.  I have been called a troll for posting my views on this thread, in fact the very first time I ever posted any opinion online (and yes, it was about the treatment of the McCanns by the baying online mob) the very first reply my post received was a one-word response.  It said, simply, "troll".  I had no idea what it even meant at the time so I was a little taken aback.  But there we go - in nearly 9 years I'm still being called a troll, nothing changes much!

You can't make a call for a subject to be discussed seriously while you're discussing aspects of it in the style of K Hopkins and other professional trolls yourself. In this particular instance you're guilty as charged.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #526 on: August 23, 2015, 02:32:46 PM »
You can't make a call for a subject to be discussed seriously while you're discussing aspects of it in the style of K Hopkins and other professional trolls yourself. In this particular instance you're guilty as charged.
What insulting clap trap.  Please point to any post that I have made on this thread that puts you in mind of Katie Hopkins. I do believe YOU are trolling ME now!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #527 on: August 23, 2015, 02:34:58 PM »

Insulting Posts will be removed.  So have a care.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #528 on: August 23, 2015, 02:39:19 PM »
Insulting Posts will be removed.  So have a care.

Perhaps inserting your own approval of Alfie's posts in to the mix  isn't doing all you can to promote harmony eh Eleanor ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #529 on: August 23, 2015, 02:44:17 PM »
Perhaps inserting your own approval of Alfie's posts in to the mix  isn't doing all you can to promote harmony eh Eleanor ?

Alfred simply suggested starting a new thread.  This was good advice.  Whether or not my agreement promotes harmony is of no interest to me.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #530 on: August 23, 2015, 02:48:29 PM »
Alfred simply suggested starting a new thread.  This was good advice.  Whether or not my agreement promotes harmony is of no interest to me.

Evidently.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #531 on: August 23, 2015, 02:54:48 PM »

You have been asked to stop going off topic and to stop insulting and goading, all of you.  Now please stop.

Offline misty

« Reply #532 on: August 24, 2015, 02:08:43 AM »
#McCann on Twitter appears to be flooded with (US?) spam.
That's the 3rd McCann-related forum attacked this month.

Anyone??

Offline Carew

« Reply #533 on: August 24, 2015, 09:19:17 AM »

Anyone??

Well, it isn`t me.

Offline sadie

« Reply #534 on: August 24, 2015, 11:09:28 AM »

Anyone??

TROLLS !!!   All of them

Hope Martin Brunt visits them.

stephen25000

« Reply #535 on: August 24, 2015, 09:36:27 PM »
TROLLS !!!   All of them

Hope Martin Brunt visits them.

and what is brunt sadie.

If he was stupid enough to do what he did again, not everybody would be a pushover.

Brenda was  an easy target and we know what happened next.

Offline misty

« Reply #536 on: August 24, 2015, 09:49:35 PM »
Seriously - I don't care which side of the fence anyone here is on - but why on earth is much of McCann discussion being targeted? I watched Birch's forum being derailed by what appeared to be schoolkids from Scotland and now spammers on Twitter are even preventing the sceptics from discussing life in LaLa land.

Offline sadie

« Reply #537 on: August 24, 2015, 09:59:02 PM »
and what is brunt sadie.

If he was stupid enough to do what he did again, not everybody would be a pushover.

Brenda was  an easy target and we know what happened next.

Brenda was a sad case, but Brunty was not to know that

And she set it all up herself.   She started it, and didn't like it when the anonomity vanished.

I bet all her old friends away from Madeleine-land let her have it.   And maybe even her family.

Sad that she was so ill, that when she couldn't take the flak, she finished it..

stephen25000

« Reply #538 on: August 24, 2015, 10:02:46 PM »
Brenda was a sad case, but Brunty was not to know that

And she set it all up herself.   She started it, and didn't like it when the anonomity vanished.

I bet all her old friends away from Madeleine-land let her have it.   And maybe even her family.

Sad that she was so ill, that when she couldn't take the flak, she finished it..

Brunt was a liar.

She was not under investigation by the police and had committed no crime.

He and his employers chose what they thought was a soft target,as did the dossier compilers and we know who presented that to the police.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:22:40 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline sadie

« Reply #539 on: August 24, 2015, 11:07:05 PM »
Brunt was a liar.

She was not under investigation by the police and had committed no crime.

He and his employers chose what they thought was a soft target,as did the dossier compilers and we know who presented that to the police.

I did not take part, but I would have been very happy to have helped assemble such dossier.

the sort of behaviour that Brenda exhibited has to be stopped imo.

I will add that had I helped assemble the dossier and then she had killed herself I would have been very distraught.