Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 162256 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #615 on: August 26, 2015, 02:57:13 PM »
It appears you remain perfectly content with the damage so called internet trolls are capable of inflicting on people as long as the surname of those people is McCann.

As long as you lay off Les it sounds good to me  8(>((
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #616 on: August 26, 2015, 03:03:21 PM »
As long as you lay off Les it sounds good to me  8(>((

Is his daughter missing too?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #617 on: August 26, 2015, 03:06:47 PM »
You are wriggling like a fish on a hook, Stephen.  Its really rather pathetic to see.

It rather reminds me of the claim you made that the "McCanns employed crooks" (Antonio Jiminez Raso, Francisco Marco). Oooops!

A tip - if you don't want to be a laughing stock, make sure

(a) What you claim is correct
(b) And that you can back it up. 
(c) if you can't, apologise and withdraw gracefully

This is no laughing matter.

Brenda Leyland died.

The mccanns handed the dossier to the Police, FACT.

BHH said so.

Are you calling him a liar ?

So if it wasn't the mccanns giving the dossier to SKY, who was it.

It was given them by the compilers.

and if you seriously think attacking me is going to work, you are sadly mistaken.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:49:24 PM by Eleanor »

ferryman

« Reply #618 on: August 26, 2015, 03:07:26 PM »
It was also made while the McCanns were still arguidos.    In view of that fact  there is no way a senior british police officer would have publically said anything which even suggested the PJ were completely wrong.    It could have created a 'diplomatic incident' and certainly damaged relations between the two police forces.   So IMO he did the best he could and attempted to take the middle ground.    However some sceptics always totally ignore the point he made i.e. - 'whilst one or both may be innocent'. 

IMO the McCanns were naieve to expect a release of any files whilst they were arguidos.

Things have moved on apace since those days years ago, and I would be surprised if the same officer would make the same statement now.

Bang-on right.  Especially the part I underline.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #619 on: August 26, 2015, 03:16:22 PM »
This is no laughing matter.

Brenda Leyland died.

The mccanns handed the dossier to the Police, FACT.

BHH said so.

Are you calling him a liar ?

So if it wasn't the mccanns giving the dossier to SKY, who was it.

It was given them by the compilers.

and if you seriously think attacking me is going to work, you are sadly mistaken.

Oh dear Stephen.  You seem a little bit rattled.  Not good for the blood pressure.

Are you claiming that Gerry and Kate McCann complied the dossier?  You really need to provide a cite for that.

If Hogan Howe says that the McCanns handed the "dossier" to the police then who am I to argue.  What is wrong with them alerting the police to Leylands activities.

But you are now conflating the perfectly proper handing of evidence to the police with handing it over to Sky News. 

I am not attacking you Stephen.  I am merely asking you to back up your allegations.  You really do seem to have a problem with that.

Perhaps that is because, as usual, you are unable to. 

Never mind.     
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:50:09 PM by Eleanor »

stephen25000

« Reply #620 on: August 26, 2015, 03:22:32 PM »
Oh dear Stephen.  You seem a little bit rattled.  Not good for the blood pressure.

Are you claiming that Gerry and Kate McCann complied the dossier?  You really need to provide a cite for that.

If Hogan Howe says that the McCanns handed the "dossier" to the police then who am I to argue.  What is wrong with them alerting the police to Leylands activities.

But you are now conflating the perfectly proper handing of evidence to the police with handing it over to Sky News. 

I am not attacking you Stephen.  I am merely asking you to back up your allegations.  You really do seem to have a problem with that.

Perhaps that is because, as usual, you are unable to. 

Never mind.     

My blood pressure is fine.

However, the never ending denials that come from posters in support of the mccanns merely reinforces perceptions.

Now jp, who gave the dossier to SKY ?

It wasn't the police was it ?

The mccanns were given it from their supporters...............

I presume you can follow logical progressions ?  8)--))
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:25:53 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #621 on: August 26, 2015, 03:33:05 PM »
My blood pressure is fine.

However, the never ending denials that come from posters in support of the mccanns merely reinforces perceptions.

Now jp, who gave the dossier to SKY ?

It wasn't the police was it ?

The mccanns were given it from their supporters...............

I presume you can follow logical progressions ?  8)--))

Lets get this straight. Are you saying that the McCanns handed the dossier to Sky News?

stephen25000

« Reply #622 on: August 26, 2015, 03:34:32 PM »
Lets get this straight. Are you saying that the McCanns handed the dossier to Sky News?

Who else would have done this without the mccanns complicity ?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #623 on: August 26, 2015, 03:38:16 PM »
Who else would have done this without the mccanns complicity ?

How about the compliers of the dossier? 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11134162/Investigation-into-McCann-internet-trolls-launched-by-police.html

I think if you are going to accuse K and G McCann of handing the dossier to Sky News you need to provide some actual proof.     
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:51:32 PM by Eleanor »

stephen25000

« Reply #624 on: August 26, 2015, 03:40:19 PM »
How about the compliers of the dossier? 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11134162/Investigation-into-McCann-internet-trolls-launched-by-police.html

I think if you are going to accuse K and G McCann of handing the dossier to Sky News you need to provide some actual proof.   

I've read all that before, and the press wasn't telling the truth.

They implied the dossier was handed to the police by the compilers.

It wasn't.

It was by the mccanns themselves.

BHH said so.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:52:00 PM by Eleanor »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #625 on: August 26, 2015, 03:46:47 PM »

' The McCanns have tried to distance their organization from involvement in the dossier; moreover, the press’ marketing of it as an outgrowth of public concern, is utterly dishonest. On October 2nd, Closer Magazine said the McCanns had called the police. Then, on the 8th of October, Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe confirmed the McCanns handed the document over to SY. Ten days later, the Sunday Times also said the McCanns had handed the file over to police. Closer and the Independent reported the McCanns had filed the complaints on the 9th of September just under a month before Leyland died. (4) (5) (6 '

Make no mistake, no matter all the denials, the mccanns were right up to the neck with the dossier.

Now I wonder why the B.B.C. program, the link which i have given before is no longer available ?

More later.
Where, in the above blurb, does it say the McCanns handed the dossier over to Sky?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #626 on: August 26, 2015, 03:49:56 PM »
I've read all that before, and the press wasn't telling the truth.

They implied the dossier was handed to the police by the compilers.

It wasn't.

It was by the mccanns themselves.

BHH said so.

If they did, I cannot see any problem. 

Can you provide evidence that the McCanns handed the dossier to Sky News, as you have claimed?

It really is very simple. 

yes - in which case provide evidence

Or

No.  In which case, withdraw your claim.

Your call.

stephen25000

« Reply #627 on: August 26, 2015, 03:51:17 PM »
Where, in the above blurb, does it say the McCanns handed the dossier over to Sky?

Who else did it.

The press lied on who handed it to the police, calling them, 'members of the public' when they are unabashed mccann supporters, and nothing else.

The mccanns handed it to the police as admitted by BHH.

The dossier compilers were one step in the chain, which ends with the mccanns.

stephen25000

« Reply #628 on: August 26, 2015, 03:54:13 PM »

Can you provide evidence that the McCanns handed the dossier to Sky News, as you have claimed?

Or

Your call.

NO CHANCE of withdrawing the claim.

There is more than enough evidence already.

Unless you are in denial, and that's not hard to work out why.

Offline Carew

« Reply #629 on: August 26, 2015, 03:55:12 PM »

Or

Your call.

Just a quick interruption..........Would you object or feel concerned in any way if the McCanns themselves had handed the dossier to Sky News?