Author Topic: SY Crimewatch Smithman Efits  (Read 54583 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: SY Crimewatch Smithman Efits
« Reply #285 on: August 28, 2016, 09:50:00 PM »
In the Cipriano interviews, language was no barrier; techniques of intimidation (far worse, even, than those employed against the McCanns) disturbingly prevalent.

Did the Ciprianos see and comment on the Smithman efits ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

« Reply #286 on: August 28, 2016, 10:29:50 PM »
Did the Ciprianos see and comment on the Smithman efits ?
Surely they must have seen the efits when they watched the Crimewatch appeal?

Offline misty

« Reply #287 on: August 28, 2016, 10:51:38 PM »
Surely they must have seen the efits when they watched the Crimewatch appeal?

Do they have satellite TV in Portuguese jails?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #288 on: August 28, 2016, 10:54:06 PM »
Do they have satellite TV in Portuguese jails?
They would get better coverage of the news from there.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #289 on: August 29, 2016, 10:41:06 AM »
Nope ... according to Joana (just google ... joana morais and paiva ... for the link) it was him in the flesh so to speak.
Disciplinary action was taken against him by his bosses.

Disciplinary action ? For something that occurred  outside of office hours and that had no connection to his job. Really ? Do you have a cite for that ? ( something that didn't appear in a British tabloid would be preferable ).
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #290 on: August 29, 2016, 03:22:59 PM »
Disciplinary action ? For something that occurred  outside of office hours and that had no connection to his job. Really ? Do you have a cite for that ? ( something that didn't appear in a British tabloid would be preferable ).

According to Joana's blog ... thought of very highly in some quarters although given little credence in others ...

The PJ's directorate already opened an inquest to the inspector: “An English newspaper is in possession of photos and cell phone messages from a PJ inspector and a North America woman”. In that material, the inspector in question identifies himself in that capacity [as an element of the PJ of Portimão] and says that he worked on the Madeleine McCann case. These two facts led to the opening of a disciplinary proceeding as soon as they were communicated to the PJ, confirmed a source from the PJ National Directorate."  Joana Morais

I have already provided the cite (GOOGLE:   joana morais and paiva) ... you have my assurance it will take you right to the blog which is not a British tabloid or even a Portuguese one.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #291 on: August 29, 2016, 05:04:38 PM »
According to Joana's blog ... thought of very highly in some quarters although given little credence in others ...

The PJ's directorate already opened an inquest to the inspector: “An English newspaper is in possession of photos and cell phone messages from a PJ inspector and a North America woman”. In that material, the inspector in question identifies himself in that capacity [as an element of the PJ of Portimão] and says that he worked on the Madeleine McCann case. These two facts led to the opening of a disciplinary proceeding as soon as they were communicated to the PJ, confirmed a source from the PJ National Directorate."  Joana Morais

I have already provided the cite (GOOGLE:   joana morais and paiva) ... you have my assurance it will take you right to the blog which is not a British tabloid or even a Portuguese one.
Whoever targeted him and organised the faked honeypot sting did not give the details first to a portuguese tabloid (as one might expect if it was organised by a portuguese criminal with a grudge against him). Instead, the details seem to have found their way first, for no apparent reason, to a tabloid a thousand miles distant from Portugal
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 05:17:15 PM by pegasus »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #292 on: August 29, 2016, 05:49:20 PM »

So do you think Miss Morais is a credible source ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

« Reply #293 on: August 29, 2016, 05:50:20 PM »
Whoever targeted him and organised the faked honeypot sting did not give the details first to a portuguese tabloid (as one might expect if it was organised by a portuguese criminal with a grudge against him). Instead, the details seem to have found their way first, for no apparent reason, to a tabloid a thousand miles distant from Portugal

IMO it was probably an underhand attempt by the press to glean first-hand insight of  both the McCanns & the PJ investigation during the time RP spent in his liaison role. I can't see how it would have been of any benefit to the McCanns to instigate such an operation, assuming it all occurred after the files were released.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #294 on: August 29, 2016, 06:26:20 PM »
So do you think Miss Morais is a credible source ?
The first published press report about this faked honeypot sting was in Correio Da Manha 10 March 2012 IMO.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iA_IEzjL2Go/T1uu0LnBpLI/AAAAAAAAIhE/aaTQgOrMfUM/s1600/CdM%2B10032012a.jpg

However as you can clearly see that article states (translated) "An English newspaper is in possession of photos".
If that is true then a UK newspaper must have known about this hacking/honeypot op first, before CdM did.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 06:28:39 PM by pegasus »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #295 on: August 30, 2016, 03:23:50 AM »
The first published press report about this faked honeypot sting was in Correio Da Manha 10 March 2012 IMO.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iA_IEzjL2Go/T1uu0LnBpLI/AAAAAAAAIhE/aaTQgOrMfUM/s1600/CdM%2B10032012a.jpg

However as you can clearly see that article states (translated) "An English newspaper is in possession of photos".
If that is true then a UK newspaper must have known about this hacking/honeypot op first, before CdM did.
I like this bit where they blame the McCanns
The fake profile on Facebook may have been created by someone connected to the McCanns' cause.
  Blame them for everything! http://joana-morais.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/mccann-affair-pj-inspector-caught-in.html
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #296 on: August 10, 2021, 05:05:12 PM »
I don't think you appreciate the enormity of a severe attack of "setup" would do to some people.  People have been known to confess to crimes they didn't do inorder to make it go away.  So there is something to fear - a wrongful conviction.

I do agree with that. Look what happened to Brendan Dassey, for example.

I would make no inference whatsoever for Kate refusing to answer questions. It's evidence that will solve this case not the fact someone decided lawfully not to answer questions.