Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 401935 times)

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #3855 on: August 25, 2021, 10:30:56 PM »
So you do believe that anyone who has an opinion that a named person is guilty of a crime has the right to name that person as being guilty of that crime without having to present any evidence in court.

No I don’t.

My belief is that if a person has reasonable grounds to form an opinion as to a named person’s alleged responsibility for said crime then they should be free to say “I suspect named person is guilty”. Without a court case they can not say “named person is guilty”.

I don’t believe Wolter’s should say “CB killed Madeleine McCann”. I do believe he should be free to say “I believe CB killed Madeleine McCann”
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 10:34:35 PM by Billy Whizz Fan Club »

« Reply #3856 on: August 25, 2021, 10:33:27 PM »
As I have said many times. The ECHR will decide if his opinion is supprted by evidence... Thats one of their tests.... I think you will find his opinion isnt and he should realise that

If you respect the ECHR as the arbiter on permissible opinion then you’ll have to wait for any case against Amaral to conclude before you express an opinion either way.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3857 on: August 25, 2021, 10:34:10 PM »
No I don’t.

My belief is that if a person has reasonable grounds to form an opinion as to a named person’s alleged responsibility for said crime them they should be free to say “I suspect named person is guilty”. Without a court case they can not say “named person is guilty”.

I don’t believe Wolter’s should say “CB killed Madeleine McCann”. I do believe he should be free to say “I believe CB killed Madeleine McCann”

Perhaps you should give the same advice to Amaral.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 10:36:24 PM by G-Unit »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

« Reply #3858 on: August 25, 2021, 10:39:21 PM »
It’s my opinion that the principle should also apply to Amaral. He can not say “the parents are guilty of staging an abduction and concealing a corpse” without a court ruling on said crime. I do believe however that he should be free to express his opinion that this is what he believed happened.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3859 on: August 25, 2021, 10:49:56 PM »
No I don’t.

My belief is that if a person has reasonable grounds to form an opinion as to a named person’s alleged responsibility for said crime then they should be free to say “I suspect named person is guilty”. Without a court case they can not say “named person is guilty”.

Well expressed!  8@??)(
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3860 on: August 26, 2021, 07:20:25 AM »
It’s my opinion that the principle should also apply to Amaral. He can not say “the parents are guilty of staging an abduction and concealing a corpse” without a court ruling on said crime. I do believe however that he should be free to express his opinion that this is what he believed happened.
He does say that though.  His book presents certain claims as facts.  Eg:  Madeleine died in the apartment.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3861 on: August 26, 2021, 08:06:06 AM »
If you respect the ECHR as the arbiter on permissible opinion then you’ll have to wait for any case against Amaral to conclude before you express an opinion either way.

Amarals opinion is based on his misunderstanding of the evidence... I knnow that already.

« Reply #3862 on: August 26, 2021, 08:37:24 AM »
Amarals opinion is based on his misunderstanding of the evidence... I knnow that already.

That’s just your opinion. It’s not shared by others who are also well grounded in criminology, forensics , investigative methodology and criminal profiling.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3863 on: August 26, 2021, 09:10:18 AM »
That’s just your opinion. It’s not shared by others who are also well grounded in criminology, forensics , investigative methodology and criminal profiling.

It isnt..Amaral claimed the alerts confirmed maddies body had been in apartment and he thought the DNA confirmed maddie DNA...neither of these is true. have you raed his book...he hasnt got a clue. So which experts support his evauation of this evidence...none
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 09:16:33 AM by Davel »

Offline Lace

« Reply #3864 on: August 26, 2021, 09:10:57 AM »
It is what he believes.

In much the same way people assert that the McCann's are innocent.

With regards to cleaning a glass window people tend to want to avoid touching the glass with their fingers. It's better cleaned if the only contact is a cloth, imo.

I have never seen a cleaner clean the windows,  usually they just change the beds and towels and tidy up.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3865 on: August 26, 2021, 09:13:03 AM »
No I don’t.

Amaral states as fact that Madeleine was dead in the apartment,  based on the DNA evidence and the dog alerts.  He doesn't say he 'believes' Madeleine died and the McCann's staged an abduction he says that 'Madeleine died' and the McCann's staged an abduction.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3866 on: August 26, 2021, 09:22:54 AM »
It is what he believes.

In much the same way people assert that the McCann's are innocent.

With regards to cleaning a glass window people tend to want to avoid touching the glass with their fingers. It's better cleaned if the only contact is a cloth, imo.

I assert the McCann's innocent by reading the facts of the case.   There is nothing to say that Amaral even spoke to CB.

« Reply #3867 on: August 26, 2021, 11:14:02 AM »
I assert the McCann's innocent by reading the facts of the case.   There is nothing to say that Amaral even spoke to CB.

That is your opinion. I believe you should be free to express it. But it doesn’t prove anything.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3868 on: September 30, 2021, 08:37:33 PM »
Maddie; Basta de Mentiras
Amaral's new book will be released on 13th October. Will he be sued I wonder?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3869 on: September 30, 2021, 09:12:29 PM »
Maddie; Basta de Mentiras
Amaral's new book will be released on 13th October. Will he be sued I wonder?
If his book is full of lies and unsubstantiated accusations I hope he will.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly