Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 401938 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #5115 on: August 12, 2022, 03:38:37 PM »
Yes.  She couldn't understand why.  And was upset.

Also terribly upsetting for Amaral's wife was the failure of his bosses to promote him.  Rather makes one wonder how much of his book was resentment for Madeleine and her family and how much of it was resentment for his superiors who failed to promote him then sacked him ~ not to mention having charged him with a serious criminal offence.

Consider this:

a) Professionally

--As coordinator of criminal investigation for the PJ, my husband has always refused to sit                   comfortably behind his desk, from 9 to 5, which is usual for his rank.

Instead of that, he spent the day (and sometimes the night) on the ground with the investigators, coordinating "on the spot" searches, surveillance, seizures and other duties.
   ---------------------------------------------------------
The problem is his commitment to the cause which has cost him promotion in his career.

I will explain, because this case is contemporary to the search for your daughter.

My husband was involved as senior coordinator, and between seizures of drugs, kidnappings and murders, he succeeded in producing a theory about drug trafficking by sea, which he defended before a jury in Lisbon, who congratulated him.

Full of hope, Gonçalo Amaral returned to the Algarve to await the result.

It was with astonishment that he learned that he had been passed over by other colleagues (coordinators as it happens, to tell the truth), because he had not managed to get himself into "professional training" settings.

And yes, Madam Kate, my husband spent his life working, in the midst of complex investigations.

He was the man in Portugal who seized most drugs, but as he didn't have the time to parade himself in the corridors of the PJ's institution, he was not promoted. A disgrace, madam, a disgrace!

Sofia Leal's open letter to Kate McCann
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5116 on: August 12, 2022, 03:44:44 PM »
Being obsessed by the evidence is not a bad thing.  It's better that being obsessed with the McCanns' guilt without fully understanding the evidence.

I think Sofia Leal's open letter displays a resentment of Madeleine and her family which is totally unwarranted.

Particularly since most of the events referred to and complained of were historical to Amaral's career and happened long before anyone from the McCann family even thought about holidaying in Portugal.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5117 on: August 12, 2022, 03:59:36 PM »
Seems you have an obsession with evidence. weather GA understood it or not. that is only your opinion.

He was right about a scapegoat being brought in the picture.

Still not charged over two years later. what is the evidence Wolters has concrete at that.  Its going to fizzle out to zilch

Just like the no evidence of abduction zilch

Amaral didn't understand the evidence..that's fact...not opinion.....and he isn't right about CB being a scapegoat

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5118 on: August 12, 2022, 04:05:44 PM »
I think Sofia Leal's open letter displays a resentment of Madeleine and her family which is totally unwarranted.

Particularly since most of the events referred to and complained of were historical to Amaral's career and happened long before anyone from the McCann family even thought about holidaying in Portugal.
I think her letter was completely beyond the pale, and an utter embarrassment to her and her family.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5119 on: August 12, 2022, 05:28:19 PM »
I think her letter was completely beyond the pale, and an utter embarrassment to her and her family.

It was a horrible Open Letter and plastered all over The Internet, while she remained indicted for the stealing of the money from Amaral's Brother.  They were both found Guilty of this Offence.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5120 on: August 12, 2022, 05:40:55 PM »

Would it have been written if Kate McCann had not attacked Amaral? In an interview with a Portuguese newspaper she said "as a professional and as a person his behaviour has been a disgrace."
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5121 on: August 12, 2022, 05:51:21 PM »
Would it have been written if Kate McCann had not attacked Amaral? In an interview with a Portuguese newspaper she said "as a professional and as a person his behaviour has been a disgrace."

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5122 on: August 12, 2022, 05:59:55 PM »

It was a mean spirited thing to do but it certainly clarified a little of what duties Amaral was alleged to have performed in his coordinator role.

According to Sofia - no way was he a desk pilot.  There he was out there in the field leaving no stone unturned in the performance of his duties.

Yet he was never given the promotion which he thought he merited!  I think the sense of entitlement this couple displays is extraordinary and my how they have utilised their paranoia to cash in on it.  Both blamed the organisation which employed him for many of his woes and I think some of his preambles regarding the whys and wherefore of his book betray that resentment.

But he knew he wasn't going to get anywhere following that line was he.  So Amaral, like the bully he is made the excuse of 'interference' and chose what he expected was the easier target.
But like just about everything else he touched - he got that entirely wrong too.  And decrying legitimate targets as 'scapegoats' really isn't going to work for him.  Particularly as the investigation he coordinated totally ignored the phone evidence he should have noticed in 2007.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 06:02:57 PM by Brietta »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5123 on: August 12, 2022, 06:10:16 PM »

What is your evidence that Amaral's personal and professional behaviour is not disgraceful?

There is plenty of evidence supporting exactly that starting from page one of this thread confirming it.

NB  Not speculation.  Not opinion.   

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5124 on: August 12, 2022, 06:56:19 PM »
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I think that’s the point.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5125 on: August 12, 2022, 08:25:28 PM »
What is your evidence that Amaral's personal and professional behaviour is not disgraceful?

There is plenty of evidence supporting exactly that starting from page one of this thread confirming it.

NB  Not speculation.  Not opinion.

I know that Kate McCann had access to none of your 'evidence' when she made that comment.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5126 on: August 12, 2022, 08:32:50 PM »
And she was absolutely correct as it turns out.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5127 on: August 12, 2022, 08:33:52 PM »
I know that Kate McCann had access to none of your 'evidence' when she made that comment.
what a good judge of character she was, eh?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5128 on: August 12, 2022, 09:39:40 PM »
what a good judge of character she was, eh?

Was she? I don't think she understood his character at all.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5129 on: August 12, 2022, 10:00:13 PM »
Was she? I don't think she understood his character at all.
Why do you say that?  How well do you know his character?  Presumably better than Kate in order to criticise her for not judging it correctly. (&^&