Author Topic: The Boris Bounce and all the Benefits of Brexit  (Read 36239 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: The Boris Bounce and all the Benefits of Brexit
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2020, 09:59:02 PM »
Undermine our way of life ? Life expectancy has fallen for the first time in a hundred years according to a report last week. There are 4 million children living in poverty. Of the British citizens  living in poverty over half are either disabled or there is a disabled member in the household. The number of uses of Trussell Trust food banks has increased over this period from 41,000 to 1.2 million since 2010....this does not include smaller food banks. In 2010 there were 168000 people on zero hours contracts, in 2019 it had risen to 896000. Since 2010 while employment has risen, those jobs are paid less and are less secure.

So forgive me if your description of the British public brings a hollow laugh to my throat.
OK, you describe the British public then.  So far we’ve had “masochists”.  Anything else?  Do you realise how contemptuous you come across about the very same people you purport to care so passionately about?  Or is it only those who voted Labour that get your sympathy and understanding?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2020, 10:39:43 PM »
OK, you describe the British public then.  So far we’ve had “masochists”.  Anything else?  Do you realise how contemptuous you come across about the very same people you purport to care so passionately about?  Or is it only those who voted Labour that get your sympathy and understanding?

I think the British public are trusting even when they have no cause to be.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2020, 10:49:20 PM »
I think the British public are trusting even when they have no cause to be.
I think you  like Corbyn and his London Labour Luvvies don’t really understand the British public at all.  Masochists and trusting idiots?  How much more insulting can you get?  Most Brits I encounter have a very healthy cynicism of politicians of every hue, and they especially mistrust those that promise them freebies galore with cherries on top. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2020, 11:25:49 PM »
Here’s evidence of just how much the masochistic snd gullible British public trust their politicians

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/trust-politicians-falls-sending-them-spiralling-back-bottom-ipsos-mori-veracity-index

Interestingly, Labour voters are more trusting of government ministers than Tory voters!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 11:28:15 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2020, 11:34:33 PM »
I think you  like Corbyn and his London Labour Luvvies don’t really understand the British public at all.  Masochists and trusting idiots?  How much more insulting can you get?  Most Brits I encounter have a very healthy cynicism of politicians of every hue, and they especially mistrust those that promise them freebies galore with cherries on top.

Yep as I said the past has convinced them that no politician will ever actually achieve a fairer society....it’s all too much to hope for....so they constantly vote for the devil they know. Of course it’s only really true in England, Scotland has only 6 Conservative MPs and NI none.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2020, 07:17:12 AM »
Yep as I said the past has convinced them that no politician will ever actually achieve a fairer society....it’s all too much to hope for....so they constantly vote for the devil they know. Of course it’s only really true in England, Scotland has only 6 Conservative MPs and NI none.
Well Labour may as well pack it in now if that’s a fact.   Or mount a coup.  They’ve amassed quite an army after all, perhaps it’s time to erect the barricades and start a revolution.  Keep the Red Flag flying!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2020, 07:44:39 AM »

Scotland has only one Labour MP in Westminster.
An unbelievable fact considering the once huge vote Labour held here.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2020, 08:03:03 AM »
Scotland has only one Labour MP in Westminster.
An unbelievable fact considering the once huge vote Labour held here.
Obviously the Scottish aren’t masochists or trusting idiots, unlike the dumb English!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2020, 08:27:03 AM »
Obviously the Scottish aren’t masochists or trusting idiots, unlike the dumb English!

The English voters had no alternative to either Jeremy or Boris being elected as Prime Minister.
Both politicians are rather unpopular here.
Both are seen as taking their respective parties further to the extreme left/right.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2020, 08:55:10 AM »
The English voters had no alternative to either Jeremy or Boris being elected as Prime Minister.
Both politicians are rather unpopular here.
Both are seen as taking their respective parties further to the extreme left/right.
What was your view of Ruth Davidson?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2020, 09:26:46 AM »
What was your view of Ruth Davidson?

Apart from her anti independence stance which as a Unionist she was bound to be, I think she would have been a much more acceptable candidate as leader of the UK Conservative party.
However she was very anti Brexit so may not have been acceptable to the majority of English Conservative voters.
She was no fan of Boris............
I'm struggling to remember who has now been made leader of the Conservative party in Scotland but as I type I do remember .....Jackson Carlaw......seems too eager to toe the Boris line. IMO

The leader of the Scottish Labour party is Richard Leonard.
Quite an insipid leader. IMO
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 09:34:51 AM by Erngath »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2020, 01:17:02 PM »
Apart from her anti independence stance which as a Unionist she was bound to be, I think she would have been a much more acceptable candidate as leader of the UK Conservative party.
However she was very anti Brexit so may not have been acceptable to the majority of English Conservative voters.
She was no fan of Boris............
I'm struggling to remember who has now been made leader of the Conservative party in Scotland but as I type I do remember .....Jackson Carlaw......seems too eager to toe the Boris line. IMO

The leader of the Scottish Labour party is Richard Leonard.
Quite an insipid leader. IMO

I have to agree with you about Richard Leonard and unfortunately both of his predecessors. Unfortunately with the SNP so strong in Scotland it’s importance in the national debate is somewhat diminished.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #102 on: February 29, 2020, 06:54:36 PM »
Good to know Boris’s little Boris is still fully functional and spurting healthy spermatozoa.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2020, 10:33:49 AM »
Good to know Boris’s little Boris is still fully functional and spurting healthy spermatozoa.

A good day to bury bad news ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2020, 12:21:42 PM »
A good day to bury bad news ?
Every day is a bad news day these days.