Author Topic: The Boris Bounce and all the Benefits of Brexit  (Read 36254 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: The Boris Bounce and all the Benefits of Brexit
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2020, 10:34:06 PM »
Just read this bit....  "I FOUND"

"I found 14 million people living in poverty, rising infant mortality rates, falling life expectancy for some groups, foodbanks springing up everywhere, rising homelessness, and overloaded and struggling schools and police services. Most of these problems are the direct result of government policies. "

I Ask Two questions:

where did you find?
What is your solution?

I see for my self the abject poverty not only of life necessities, food,  clothing, water and  heating/shelter from the elements. But of spirit, lack of ambition and motivation by a great many talented people; young and older being swept up as they are brow beaten by a minority.

I don't need a 'journalist' to tell me- it isn't news. Is this newspaper prepared to accept that immigration has NOT changed or exasperated the situation? Oh how can that be we are a rich country- so all those seeking to rob it blind tell us.

Over 60 million residents in this country that are accounted for- How many millions in the  slave trade? Pimps, Gang masters  who control/restrain and do not pay money to workers- who work very long and difficult jobs.
Oh who is going to pick our friut and carrots if not the immigrants- oh don't worry, we have slaves that do that anyway!

How many failed asylum seekers. being housed when families with working parents can't get housing?

I could go on, but why bother. other people have their own ideas who is killing the population by stealth.

I have one more question ... why do you think tax paying people, who struggle to make ends meet,  should  give up much needed money for their own families to those who don't deserve it.

And that is exactly how the politicians divide us...the skivers and the shirkers narrative.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2020, 04:23:06 PM »
And that is exactly how the politicians divide us...the skivers and the shirkers narrative.

The skivers and the shirkers  do exist. To deny this is to deny the tax payers real power to ensure the money goes to the right causes.

However, Universal credit  although hurting that group, it really is, they have flung the baby out with the bath water. they are hurting the very people they are trying help along with those cheats!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2020, 09:24:11 PM »
The skivers and the shirkers  do exist. To deny this is to deny the tax payers real power to ensure the money goes to the right causes.

However, Universal credit  although hurting that group, it really is, they have flung the baby out with the bath water. they are hurting the very people they are trying help along with those cheats!

And what did you expect to happen ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2020, 11:19:34 PM »
And what did you expect to happen ?

Every ruling Government has done things which affected the poor/disabled and no more so that Phoney Tony and his gold digging buddies.

We have to accept some in poverty is self inflicted, it has to be looked at carefully. There just isn't enough money in the pot to pay for every one.  This isn't a great system- it needs to be amended to protect the real poor.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2020, 11:41:29 PM »

Every ruling Government has done things which affected the poor/disabled and no more so that Phoney Tony and his gold digging buddies.

We have to accept some in poverty is self inflicted, it has to be looked at carefully. There just isn't enough money in the pot to pay for every one.  This isn't a great system- it needs to be amended to protect the real poor.

I have no time for Blair or very little praise for his actions in office but I have watched since 2010 the social care system in this country collapse due to underfunding. In the last ten years the Conservatives have done away with the Independent Living Fund which provided money for disabled people to live an inclusive, independent life. The money saved was given to individual councils to use for similar support but was not ring-fenced so basically financially strapped councils could do whatever they wanted with it. The Access to Work Scheme’s funding was cut so disabled people wishing to work were unable to get either the equipment or support they needed to obtain employment. The criteria for claiming DLA was made so restrictive that hundreds of thousands of genuinely disabled people lost their entitlement  to the benefit. My friend who has MS lost her car, and her job, as a result of a reassessment...and she is barely able to walk.

But hey as long as those lazy shirkers are taught a lesson !

« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2020, 04:45:24 PM »
I have no time for Blair or very little praise for his actions in office but I have watched since 2010 the social care system in this country collapse due to underfunding. In the last ten years the Conservatives have done away with the Independent Living Fund which provided money for disabled people to live an inclusive, independent life. The money saved was given to individual councils to use for similar support but was not ring-fenced so basically financially strapped councils could do whatever they wanted with it. The Access to Work Scheme’s funding was cut so disabled people wishing to work were unable to get either the equipment or support they needed to obtain employment. The criteria for claiming DLA was made so restrictive that hundreds of thousands of genuinely disabled people lost their entitlement  to the benefit. My friend who has MS lost her car, and her job, as a result of a reassessment...and she is barely able to walk.

But hey as long as those lazy shirkers are taught a lesson !

I have similar stories about people who have been enslaved by poverty, treated cruelly by a bias system. decent hard working people who fell on hard times due to ill health/accidents/disability. I fight for them as does members of my family. I don't need to be convinced UC is a good thing.  It could be if done properly. And it was the labour government that started with get the disabled out to work and off benefits  in a pretend move to 'support' disabled people. Some were left destitute as they were deemed 'fit for work' but couldn't get employed!
In the meantime. Taxi drivers are claiming child tax/working tax credits by saying they only earn £150.00 per week! and big issue sellers get housing benefit and child tax relief. 
There is only so much money in the purse- not enough to go around. so there really is no point in over taxing those who are left with debts, can barley make ends meet to pay for 'others' who shouldn't be here.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2020, 08:38:27 PM »

I have similar stories about people who have been enslaved by poverty, treated cruelly by a bias system. decent hard working people who fell on hard times due to ill health/accidents/disability. I fight for them as does members of my family. I don't need to be convinced UC is a good thing.  It could be if done properly. And it was the labour government that started with get the disabled out to work and off benefits  in a pretend move to 'support' disabled people. Some were left destitute as they were deemed 'fit for work' but couldn't get employed!
In the meantime. Taxi drivers are claiming child tax/working tax credits by saying they only earn £150.00 per week! and big issue sellers get housing benefit and child tax relief. 
There is only so much money in the purse- not enough to go around. so there really is no point in over taxing those who are left with debts, can barley make ends meet to pay for 'others' who shouldn't be here.

Instead of blaming these ‘others’ that you seem to focus on why not look at the real cause of working poverty, an right wing ideology that has been used to justify the brutal cuts we have seen over the last ten years but which has been roundly discredited by respected financial institutions.

« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2020, 12:08:04 PM »
Instead of blaming these ‘others’ that you seem to focus on why not look at the real cause of working poverty, an right wing ideology that has been used to justify the brutal cuts we have seen over the last ten years but which has been roundly discredited by respected financial institutions.

There is a 'whole' and when it comes to spending all of the percentages of that whole must be included for decisions to be made. Ignoring them does not address the issues of which you are talking about.

You point out that I focus on certain issues. It is only because they are part of the problem which your favoured party should be addressing!

Over taxing the people to pay for things they do not want their money spend on is NEVER a good idea.
It upsets a great many people- they have a voice too and should have a say.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2020, 08:49:29 PM »

There is a 'whole' and when it comes to spending all of the percentages of that whole must be included for decisions to be made. Ignoring them does not address the issues of which you are talking about.

You point out that I focus on certain issues. It is only because they are part of the problem which your favoured party should be addressing!

Over taxing the people to pay for things they do not want their money spend on is NEVER a good idea.
It upsets a great many people- they have a voice too and should have a say.

The biggest calamity in the last ten years for the vast majority of the nation has been the effects of austerity....and the immigrants didn’t cause that.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2020, 02:21:30 PM »
Well it seems austerity is definitely over!  I qualify for £3k of free money from the government to help my business through the Coronavirus months which is nice of Boris but won't make much difference really.  Still, I can use it to go on a nice holiday when it's safe to do so. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2020, 12:15:06 AM »
Another consequence of Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-vaccine-delays-brexit-ema-expensive?CMP=share_btn_fb

More deaths than necessary but hey at least we have our sovereignty.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2020, 08:52:32 AM »
Another consequence of Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-vaccine-delays-brexit-ema-expensive?CMP=share_btn_fb

More deaths than necessary but hey at least we have our sovereignty.
What if British scientists develop the vaccine first? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2020, 12:51:07 PM »
What if British scientists develop the vaccine first?

The odds are against it but yes, of course, it could happen and that would be great.

« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2020, 02:30:59 PM »
The biggest calamity in the last ten years for the vast majority of the nation has been the effects of austerity....and the immigrants didn’t cause that.

What immigrants are you talking about Faith? People who come and work here and find housing without jumping the council queue are not an issue- should they be tarred with the same brush as the illegal immigrants who then claim asylum and are given housing-grants- all sorts of benefits,. When found to be false, they infect the legal system with reasons why they should stay.

So who are you and those like you to tell the population they have to put up and shut up?  This country does not need or require large sections of young middle eastern/African men to come and do jobs that lazy white folks don't want to do! As if there are no lazy black folks- they can't get jobs because of racism apparently!

That hat should be placed on the hat stand. Immigration should be controlled full stop!

« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2020, 02:33:15 PM »