Author Topic: Why now?  (Read 30017 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Why now?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 10:29:26 PM »
Because they don’t have cast iron proof presumably.

But most cases don't have cast iron proof before charges are brought, just enough to convince a jury.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 10:33:15 PM »
But most cases don't have cast iron proof before charges are brought, just enough to convince a jury.
Obviously they don’t feel they have enough of that then.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2020, 10:38:47 PM »
How should I know?

But enough to know my theory is naff?   
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2020, 10:52:40 PM »
But enough to know my theory is naff?
Exactly.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Caroline

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2020, 10:57:10 PM »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2020, 10:59:29 PM »
So why hasn't he been charged?

They are given time to interview.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2020, 11:13:05 PM »
They are given time to interview.

They're still appealing for info from the public  &%5y%

Offline Brietta

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2020, 02:23:12 AM »

Before a case gets anywhere near a jury the police have to place what evidence they have before ... in England and Wales, the the Crown Prosecution Service under the Director of Public Prosecutions ... in Scotland, the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service ... both of which are responsible for the prosecution of crime.

I believe both these bodies consider and must be satisfied as to the quality of evidence placed before them before allowing a proceeding to trial.
Therefore I would say most cases going to trial must be supported by substantial evidence.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 02:33:20 AM »

I think the rules for evidence will be no less stringent in Germany than under Scots Law or English and Welsh Law and at some stage a prosecutor will have input.

The police appeal has generated a good response.  With any luck there will be something there which will meet required legal standards to enable a prosecution.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2020, 07:14:00 AM »
Also, this guy isn’t going anywhere for the next six or seven years so the police are under no massive time pressure to build the case against him.  Slowly, slowly, catchee Monkey.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2020, 07:44:17 AM »
Before a case gets anywhere near a jury the police have to place what evidence they have before ... in England and Wales, the the Crown Prosecution Service under the Director of Public Prosecutions ... in Scotland, the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service ... both of which are responsible for the prosecution of crime.

I believe both these bodies consider and must be satisfied as to the quality of evidence placed before them before allowing a proceeding to trial.
Therefore I would say most cases going to trial must be supported by substantial evidence.

But the case has nothing to do with the UK legal system..

The victim is a British citizen.  The suspect a German citizen.  The crime was committed in Portugal.  Its the responsibility of the Portuguese to put together a case and arrange extradition.

How come we're not hearing from PJ?  Why a German prosecutor?

Where's the defence lawyer?  'My client denies any involvement' or 'My client does not wish to comment at this stage'. 

Defence lawyers might argue any trial has been prejudiced by media reports.

It doesn't ring true.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2020, 07:46:28 AM »
I think the rules for evidence will be no less stringent in Germany than under Scots Law or English and Welsh Law and at some stage a prosecutor will have input.

The police appeal has generated a good response.  With any luck there will be something there which will meet required legal standards to enable a prosecution.

The appeals back in the day generated a good response too! What quality info has the recent appeal generated? 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2020, 08:00:57 AM »
It doesn't ring true imo.

A guy in the area with, we are told, a very dodgy past.  He supposedly made/received a tel call in the area some 2 hours before MM went missing.  Why is this surprising when he lived in the area?  And supposedly told a friend in a bar he knew what happened when MM appeared on TV. A bit like me and others thinking they know what happened then.  Oh and he re-registered his car to a.n.other but was still driving around in it.  Could be loads of reasons for doing this.  If it incriminated him then why not abandon or torch it?

None of it makes sense.

Offline Myster

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2020, 08:07:12 AM »
Sour grapes indeed, just because everyone else thinks your suspect is pure fantasy.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2020, 08:11:13 AM »
But the case has nothing to do with the UK legal system..

The victim is a British citizen.  The suspect a German citizen.  The crime was committed in Portugal.  Its the responsibility of the Portuguese to put together a case and arrange extradition.

How come we're not hearing from PJ?  Why a German prosecutor?

Where's the defence lawyer?  'My client denies any involvement' or 'My client does not wish to comment at this stage'. 

Defence lawyers might argue any trial has been prejudiced by media reports.

It doesn't ring true.
What do you think is going on then Holly?  Is it all some giant conspiracy being played out by actors and the media to distract us from Coronavirus?