Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49127 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2018, 11:24:06 AM »
Processos Vol XIII Page 3421

Date : 2007-11-14

To: The Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation Paolo Rebelo

Service Information

Subject: Expedient related to Yvonne Warren Martin

In the sequence of the contents of the service information in annex, which was prepared by Inspector José Monteira on 12-06-2007, the questioning of Yvonne Warren Martin was twice begun, according to the files that are also joined to this.

The statement relates in detail her intervention with the McCann couple after having heard about Madeleine's disappearance.

She adds that on one occasion, because it had occurred to her that the parents and the friends could eventually be involved in the child's disappearance, she wrote an anonymous letter to the British police.

The statements given to the PJ today by Yvonne Martin provide a concrete clarification of the reasons for her suspicions, which in my opinion, do not point to any concrete element that could, in any way, make other inquiries directly related to her statements, viable.

With nothing further to add.

Signed

Inspector Ferreira

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2018, 11:29:07 AM »

Service Information

In the sequence of the contents of the service information in annex, which was prepared by Inspector José Monteira on 12-06-2007, the questioning of Yvonne Warren Martin was twice begun, according to the files that are also joined to this.

The statement relates in detail her intervention with the McCann couple after having heard about Madeleine's disappearance.

She adds that on one occasion, because it had occurred to her that the parents and the friends could eventually be involved in the child's disappearance, she wrote an anonymous letter to the British police.

The statements given to the PJ today by Yvonne Martin provide a concrete clarification of the reasons for her suspicions, which in my opinion, do not point to any concrete element that could, in any way, make other inquiries directly related to her statements, viable.

Signed

Inspector Ferreira
YM had a very brief meeting with the McCanns -  nothing that was said assisted the investigation as per that note from Insp. Ferreira.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Carana

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2018, 11:30:19 AM »
In the lead-up to this thread there were indications there was a DP on the list but with a different middle name Not David Anthony Payne but another name.

Probably more than one DP on the list (or potentially known to social services): https://theukdatabase.com/2012/04/21/david-payne-wotton-under-edge/

Neither correspond to the T9 one.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2018, 11:32:02 AM »
In what way could she help the mccanns...
She might have cleared them.  I don't know for it never happened. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2018, 11:33:29 AM »
So she sent an anonymous letter when she wasn't allowed to question a distraught woman.
I think she felt she was being prevented from a chance to talk to Kate alone.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2018, 11:38:38 AM »
I've often wondered if she got mixed up with Murat (who does seem to have a scar on the left side of his face).

Speaking with a Southern English accent
Wearing light trousers, cream or beige coloured, and a dark polo shirt.

And, unless DP changed clothes between when she met him and when he was photographed by the media, DP was wearing a striped t-shirt, and RM was wearing a dark blue polo.

Does David Payne speak with a Southern English accent?  He is on the video where he says "cheer up Gerry you are on holiday".
https://youtu.be/YUcVncYr6xc
Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2018, 01:13:11 PM »
She might have cleared them.  I don't know for it never happened.

How could she have "cleared" them? Who's "them" and of what?

For some, she was an interfering busybody; for others she may have been trying to help figure out where the child could be in the context of the general chaos and limited news of that morning, despite what may be perceived as a heavy-handed approach.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2018, 01:16:37 PM »

For some, she was an interfering busybody; for others she may have been trying to help figure out where the child could be in the context of the general chaos and limited news of that morning, despite what may be perceived as a heavy-handed approach.

As her field did not include, locating lost children she was, an interfering busybody... Imo

Offline jassi

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2018, 01:21:08 PM »

Bit of both, I think. Should have known better than offer help or advice to a bunch of doctors, but there you go.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2018, 01:23:24 PM »
As her field did not include, locating lost children she was, an interfering busybody... Imo

Except that if she'd been able to establish that Gerry was actually a stepdad, then perhaps the biological father could have taken her, for example.

Offline Carana

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2018, 01:33:04 PM »
Bit of both, I think. Should have known better than offer help or advice to a bunch of doctors, but there you go.

I presume even doctors can run around like headless chickens in the midst of a personal tragedy, particularly after very little, if any, sleep.

I don't have a problem that she asked (anonymously) for DPs name to be checked if it rang a vague bell with her.

What I do have a problem with is that her (apparently ill-founded) suspicions were made public.

AFAIK, confidential statements are supposed to remain... confidential, unless, of course, they are raised in a court case.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2018, 01:39:12 PM »

Service Information

Signed

Inspector Ferreira

You beat me to it there. I was going to post that  ?{)(**
Mind you I had a caveat [wouldn't you just know it]
There is a section of the community that has made a career, for ten years, out of telling us what a load of merchant bankers the Portuguese Judiciary is so is Paolo Ferreira just another merchant banker who has it all wrong or a shining nugget in a mine of what is otherwise pyrites ?

Visions of people being elevated on their own farts comes to mind. Or if you want it posh I am sure some one will come along later and tell us what the accepted normal expression is  8(>((
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2018, 01:44:12 PM »
There is a section of the community that has made a career, for ten years, out of telling us what a load of merchant bankers the Portuguese Judiciary is so is Paolo Ferreira just another merchant banker who has it all wrong or a shining nugget in a mine of what is otherwise pyrites ?

Visions of people being elevated on their own farts comes to mind. Or if you want it posh I am sure some one will come along later and tell us what the accepted normal expression is  8(>((

LOL Alice.

No idea, I've never come across his name on the PJ naughty list.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2018, 01:44:31 PM »
I'm interested by this need to attack her. Is she currently taking poll position as public enemy No.1 ?

This sums it up better than I can...
"Everybody's got to have somebody to look down on, someone to be better than anytime they please"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCdfYkUPvTs

corrected typo
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:49:40 PM by Alice Purjorick »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2018, 02:02:43 PM »

My caveat is that it would be well worth taking note of the date on the correspondence and the name of the co-ordinator to whom it is addressed.

Then rethink shining nuggets and pyrites ... I'm sure something will spring to mind.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....