Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49545 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 10:33:02 AM »

It was the Anonymous Letter that threw me.  Hardly the act of a Professional.  More like a Poisoned Pen.

Offline jassi

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 10:35:26 AM »
I'm interested by this need to attack her. Is she currently taking poll position as public enemy No.1 ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 10:41:13 AM »
It was the Anonymous Letter that threw me.  Hardly the act of a Professional.  More like a Poisoned Pen.

The "anonymous letter" could simply have been an online statement via Crimestoppers.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2018, 10:41:55 AM »
I'm interested by this need to attack her. Is she currently taking poll position as public enemy No.1 ?

She did a fair bit of attacking herself, don't you think.  Or was that okay?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 10:43:59 AM »
It's not clear why he seemed familiar to her. His face or his name? She didn't seem to remember the context, either.

She'd worked in Plymouth at some point, and there WAS a David Payne who was a child rapist (not the T9 one), released from prison in 2008. It's not clear where these offences occurred, but it may well have been in the south of England as it was a scandal when people discovered that he was living in Weymouth after his release.

She noticed that he had a southern accent, and together with the name plus her perception that her presence wasn't overly appreciated at the time, it may have rung a vague bell, if his conviction had been in the news, or if she'd had some form of contact with the social services involved in that case.

https://theukdatabase.com/2012/03/12/david-payne-weymouthchippenhamchippenham/

Whether that was the trigger or not, I find it to be a plausible potential explanation.
YM didn't know the name but recognised the face.  Odd thing about it was the supposed scar running down his face which isn't visible in anything I've seen.  Was she mistaken on this aspect of identity?

"Aged about 35 years
Of about 1,80 metres in height
Of normal physical appearance
Having short, dark hair
Using graduated glasses of small dimensions with rectangular lenses
Having a round face
Presenting a scar above his eyebrow and on his left cheek"

She appears to have identified DP from a photograph.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2018, 10:47:37 AM »

THat was a decade ago.  She's not still at it - unlike you two mods.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2018, 10:48:16 AM »
"She declares that one of her main aims when she wrote the anonymous letter was for the British police to check the paedophile or child abusers registers and whether David Payne was on that list." 

She is not saying he is on the list.  Just for the police to check the list.  Did they check the list?  Was he there?.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2018, 10:52:10 AM »
"She declares that one of her main aims when she wrote the anonymous letter was for the British police to check the paedophile or child abusers registers and whether David Payne was on that list." 

She is not saying he is on the list.  Just for the police to check the list. Did they check the list?  Was he there?.

Not surprisingly they haven't said.

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2018, 10:54:01 AM »
THat was a decade ago.  She's not still at it - unlike you two mods.

Disgrace doesn't end with the passing of time.  She is still a professional disgrace.

In My Opinion, to which I am entitled, just like you.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2018, 10:59:11 AM »
In my opinion Ms Martin is an archetypal disaster tourist anxious to get as close to the action as possible.

If she was involved in child protection why did she show absolutely no concern for Madeleine's siblings or the other children in the party?

In my opinion she had absolutely no locus in interfering with a distraught mother by trying to usher her away from her support group as she waited for information about her missing daughter.

Concern for the children as per her alleged training, yes ... but she didn't actually show any, did she?
The interview did not go on very long by the sounds of it.  YWM might not have been aware there were other kids involved, but from memory she did see contact with other kids.  So she was concerned but didn't see anything that concerned her IMO. 
Having no opportunity to talk to Kate alone may have been a sign she  was trained to look out for.  We don't know. 
IMO we missed out on a great chance to get some other insight from this case, when she was asked to leave so soon.

Disgrace doesn't end with the passing of time.  She is still a professional disgrace.

In My Opinion, to which I am entitled, just like you.
  Well I don't agree, she had the credentials and the experience and the concern to go and help.
Moderation

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2018, 11:04:10 AM »
The interview did not go on very long by the sounds of it.  YWM might not have been aware there were other kids involved, but from memory she did see contact with other kids.  So she was concerned but didn't see anything that concerned her IMO. 
Having no opportunity to talk to Kate alone may have been a sign she  was trained to look out for.  We don't know. 
IMO we missed out on a great chance to get some other insight from this case, when she was asked to leave so soon.
  Well I don't agree, she had the credentials and the experience and the concern to go and help.

So she sent an anonymous letter when she wasn't allowed to question a distraught woman.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2018, 11:06:30 AM »

In what way could she help the mccanns...

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2018, 11:10:00 AM »

That did appear to be the first response.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Carana

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2018, 11:12:18 AM »
YM didn't know the name but recognised the face.  Odd thing about it was the supposed scar running down his face which isn't visible in anything I've seen.  Was she mistaken on this aspect of identity?

"Aged about 35 years
Of about 1,80 metres in height
Of normal physical appearance
Having short, dark hair
Using graduated glasses of small dimensions with rectangular lenses
Having a round face
Presenting a scar above his eyebrow and on his left cheek"

She appears to have identified DP from a photograph.

I've often wondered if she got mixed up with Murat (who does seem to have a scar on the left side of his face).

Speaking with a Southern English accent
Wearing light trousers, cream or beige coloured, and a dark polo shirt.

And, unless DP changed clothes between when she met him and when he was photographed by the media, DP was wearing a striped t-shirt, and RM was wearing a dark blue polo.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/lagos-portugal-a-recent-picture-of-british-national-robert-murat-in-picture-id74154589

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2018, 11:21:03 AM »
Not surprisingly they haven't said.
In the lead-up to this thread there were indications there was a DP on the list but with a different middle name Not David Anthony Payne but another name.
Moderation