Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49737 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2018, 02:25:57 PM »
My caveat is that it would be well worth taking note of the date on the correspondence and the name of the co-ordinator to whom it is addressed.

Then rethink shining nuggets and pyrites ... I'm sure something will spring to mind.

Ah Rebelo who requested both the reconstitution and that the Tapas friends be requestioned. He never did strike me as being particularly sure of the group's innocence.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2018, 03:26:07 PM »
I think she felt she was being prevented from a chance to talk to Kate alone.

Why should she have felt that she had the right?  She tried to isolate Kate so she could question her.  Why?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2018, 03:30:17 PM »
Except that if she'd been able to establish that Gerry was actually a stepdad, then perhaps the biological father could have taken her, for example.

But Gerry wasn't a Step Dad.  And it wasn't her place to establish this.. If it had been true then it would have come out later.
So she was jumping to conclusions, and distressing an already distress woman.  I was appalled by her assumptions.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2018, 03:32:37 PM »
Ah Rebelo who requested both the reconstitution and that the Tapas friends be requestioned. He never did strike me as being particularly sure of the group's innocence.

Or their guilt.

Offline jassi

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2018, 03:33:08 PM »
But Gerry wasn't a Step Dad.  And it wasn't her place to establish this.. If it had been true then it would have come out later.
So she was jumping to conclusions, and distressing an already distress woman. I was appalled by her assumptions.

It sounds as if you still are.
Not to worry, she was just another of the bit players with only a few lines.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline kizzy

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2018, 03:38:03 PM »
So she was jumping to conclusions, and distressing an already distress woman.  I was appalled by her assumptions.

As she works directly with situations of children at risk, and as she was very close to Praia da Luz, she went there with the intention of offering her help and support to the couple, she arrived there at about 09H30."

What do you expect when children are left alone, they are at risk, and look what happened because of there actions.

She was only doing her job,pity the mccanns wasn't

imo

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2018, 03:40:06 PM »
What could Kate have said to this person that would be so terrible? and why did DP find it important to remove kate from the conversation- what did he have to hide? If nothing, then why would he get involved?
If Kate was convinced her daughter was abducted what did she have to hide by now talking to the  woman.

It is not uncommon for anonymous letters, phonecalls to be made as per child protection issues as a perpetrator may stalk/attack/kill anyone who spoke out against them.

It is a bit unfortunate reading all the bits of the story- some which do offer some validation for  further investigation of the Tapas adults.IMHO
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2018, 03:44:37 PM »
As she works directly with situations of children at risk, and as she was very close to Praia da Luz, she went there with the intention of offering her help and support to the couple, she arrived there at about 09H30."

What do you expect when children are left alone, they are at risk, and look what happened because of there actions.

imo

She was doing what she was trained to do, but without any of  the  authority normally invested in a social worker.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2018, 04:02:24 PM »

I think we should have a 'rogue gallery on a round about for the McCann supporters to throw muck and rocks at... it does nothing for the parents ever depleting reputation or finding out what really happened to a 3 year old innocent child. But it helps with self appointed judges... who are just people on a forum and nothing at all special in the big scheme of things.

OK Who is next... there was a suspicious looking cat on one of the verandas... couple of dodgy looking birds on the outside trees...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2018, 04:06:22 PM »
I think we should have a 'rogue gallery on a round about for the McCann supporters to throw muck and rocks at... it does nothing for the parents ever depleting reputation or finding out what really happened to a 3 year old innocent child. But it helps with self appointed judges... who are just people on a forum and nothing at all special in the big scheme of things.

OK Who is next... there was a suspicious looking cat on one of the verandas... couple of dodgy looking birds on the outside trees...

Will need to be a bloody big roundabout, given all the perceived villains needing a place.

Or maybe not -

Online Eleanor

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2018, 04:09:51 PM »

I still am.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2018, 04:14:59 PM »

imo

It wasn't her job.  She had No Juristiction in Portugal and was on holiday at the time.

Offline jassi

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2018, 04:17:08 PM »
She should have stayed well away and then there be one less hate figure needing a  place on the roundabout.

Or maybe not -

Online Eleanor

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2018, 04:17:57 PM »

Could you possibly try to say something sensible?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2018, 04:22:23 PM »
It wasn't her job.  She had No Juristiction in Portugal and was on holiday at the time.

So maddie wasn't left at risk of something happening to her, and it did.

You go on about the distress kmccan was under.

Thank goodness someone cares about the distress it would have been for the child maddie.

Job or not she is involved in children's welfare - something the mccanns and others, it seems was not.

imo