Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49546 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2018, 04:25:33 PM »
Could you possibly try to say something sensible?

Could you possibly try not to be so insulting.

"It wasn't her job.  She had No Juristiction in Portugal and was on holiday at the time."

So, keeping things on an equal footing... what Jurisdiction, if any, did the Private detectives hired by the McCanns have...Oh sorry  that is a different thing I am forgetting myself here.

Mibeez -They HAD none.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Lace

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2018, 04:31:26 PM »
I just read this in Yvonne Martin's statement  -

Meanwhile a fourth individual came towards the group and identified himself as a journalist. The witness alerted the couple to the type of statements they should give and that it would be better for them to keep silent.

It seems as though the journalist was the person who suggested the McCann's didn't speak to Yvonne Martin,  it appears Kate was very upset at the time too and I wouldn't think it was an appropriate time to go questioning her.

Offline jassi

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2018, 04:42:28 PM »
Cite please.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2018, 04:55:57 PM »
I presume even doctors can run around like headless chickens in the midst of a personal tragedy, particularly after very little, if any, sleep.

I don't have a problem that she asked (anonymously) for DPs name to be checked if it rang a vague bell with her.

What I do have a problem with is that her (apparently ill-founded) suspicions were made public.

AFAIK, confidential statements are supposed to remain... confidential, unless, of course, they are raised in a court case.
Who made them public?  Had there been any publicity around her visit in the press?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2018, 04:59:44 PM »
My caveat is that it would be well worth taking note of the date on the correspondence and the name of the co-ordinator to whom it is addressed.

Then rethink shining nuggets and pyrites ... I'm sure something will spring to mind.
Heaven forbid!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2018, 05:09:50 PM »
Why should she have felt that she had the right?  She tried to isolate Kate so she could question her.  Why?
I'd think that would be normal practice back in England for someone in the "Profession: Social Services and Child Protection"  to talk to each of the parents alone.
It seems to be the same policy as the SY are doing they would treat the case the same as if it occurred on UK territory if it involved UK citizens.
If DP had not had previous dealings with YWM what then was his concern?  Was it that all 4 families might be charged under some law involving the Laws around the Social Services and Child Protection legislation?
Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2018, 05:17:20 PM »
Who made them public?  Had there been any publicity around her visit in the press?

Not that I can recall prior to the files being made accessible.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2018, 05:19:28 PM »
But Gerry wasn't a Step Dad.  And it wasn't her place to establish this.. If it had been true then it would have come out later.
So she was jumping to conclusions, and distressing an already distress woman.  I was appalled by her assumptions.
She didn't make any assumptions.  She established the facts as quickly as possible.  - Ask the mum if there was another man who might have come to take his biological child away. (A fact like that could in many cases be a secret even the "father" might not know.)
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2018, 05:25:02 PM »
It wasn't her job.  She had No Juristiction in Portugal and was on holiday at the time.
She had her credentials with her on holiday.  You never know if her authority extended to British citizens abroad.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2018, 05:28:48 PM »
I just read this in Yvonne Martin's statement  -

Meanwhile a fourth individual came towards the group and identified himself as a journalist. The witness alerted the couple to the type of statements they should give and that it would be better for them to keep silent.

It seems as though the journalist was the person who suggested the McCann's didn't speak to Yvonne Martin,  it appears Kate was very upset at the time too and I wouldn't think it was an appropriate time to go questioning her.
What made you come to the conclusion: "It seems as though the journalist was the person who suggested the McCann's didn't speak to Yvonne Martin,  it appears Kate was very upset at the time too and I wouldn't think it was an appropriate time to go questioning her."
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2018, 05:28:54 PM »
As she works directly with situations of children at risk, and as she was very close to Praia da Luz, she went there with the intention of offering her help and support to the couple, she arrived there at about 09H30."

What do you expect when children are left alone, they are at risk, and look what happened because of there actions.

She was only doing her job,pity the mccanns wasn't

imo

Was she though?  On whose authority was she acting?  Had she contacted her own bosses?  Had she contacted the British authorities for clearance?  Had she contacted the Portuguese authorities.

What you are advocating is anarchy with any Tom, Dick or Harry free to take it upon themselves to pass beyond police lines and interfere with witnesses in a police investigation.

The woman had no business to be there particularly as she added to the distress of an already traumatised woman.

It probably ranks as one of the most unprofessional episodes I have ever heard of.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2018, 05:31:41 PM »
She was doing what she was trained to do, but without any of  the  authority normally invested in a social worker.

I beg your pardon?  Point me to the training manual validating behaviour such as that displayed by Yvonne Martin.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2018, 05:33:26 PM »
Was she though?  On whose authority was she acting?  Had she contacted her own bosses?  Had she contacted the British authorities for clearance?  Had she contacted the Portuguese authorities.

What you are advocating is anarchy with any Tom, Dick or Harry free to take it upon themselves to pass beyond police lines and interfere with witnesses in a police investigation.

The woman had no business to be there particularly as she added to the distress of an already traumatised woman.

It probably ranks as one of the most unprofessional episodes I have ever heard of.
the PJ allowed her to contact the McCanns.  Had they wanted to they could have failed to give her the directions to the apartment.
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2018, 05:35:26 PM »
I think we should have a 'rogue gallery on a round about for the McCann supporters to throw muck and rocks at... it does nothing for the parents ever depleting reputation or finding out what really happened to a 3 year old innocent child. But it helps with self appointed judges... who are just people on a forum and nothing at all special in the big scheme of things.

OK Who is next... there was a suspicious looking cat on one of the verandas... couple of dodgy looking birds on the outside trees...

Think about it very carefully ... in a similar scenario anywhere in Great Britain ... would that woman have been allowed under the incident tape?  Would she even have followed a police vehicle through and chanced her arm with a go at the witnesses?
I rather think not.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2018, 05:35:59 PM »
She didn't make any assumptions.  She established the facts as quickly as possible.  - Ask the mum if there was another man who might have come to take his biological child away. (A fact like that could in many cases be a secret even the "father" might not know.)

Yes I agree. The questions may have been to establish a reason for the 'abduction'.  It is almost the first question asked of a parent who's child is missing. Time is of the essence as we are constantly reminded, questions no matter how difficult and upsetting they seem need to be asked and answered.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin