Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49740 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2018, 05:42:31 PM »
I'd think that would be normal practice back in England for someone in the "Profession: Social Services and Child Protection"  to talk to each of the parents alone.
It seems to be the same policy as the SY are doing they would treat the case the same as if it occurred on UK territory if it involved UK citizens.
If DP had not had previous dealings with YWM what then was his concern?  Was it that all 4 families might be charged under some law involving the Laws around the Social Services and Child Protection legislation?

In the circumstances outlined ... I can assure you Yvonne Martin had no locus interfering with a police investigation or police witnesses.
In my opinion she treated everyone from first to last with high handed contempt.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2018, 05:43:53 PM »
She had her credentials with her on holiday.  You never know if her authority extended to British citizens abroad.

Don't you wonder about that?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2018, 05:45:36 PM »
Think about it very carefully ... in a similar scenario anywhere in Great Britain ... would that woman have been allowed under the incident tape?  Would she even have followed a police vehicle through and chanced her arm with a go at the witnesses?
I rather think not.

You are absolutely right Brietta..
she wouldn't have been allowed under any tape had this happened in the UK...

she would be in a case meeting with police discussing  the other children safety maybe attempting to get a court order for the other children from ALL tapas be removed- and the parents arrested for child abandonment.
But well, it was only Maddie who paid the price of that decision of chosen childcare arrangements.

Everyone else went back to work and school...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2018, 05:46:46 PM »
the PJ allowed her to contact the McCanns.  Had they wanted to they could have failed to give her the directions to the apartment.

We do not know how she managed to get through police lines or what tale she spun to do so.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2018, 05:49:20 PM »
We do not know how she managed to get through police lines or what tale she spun to do so.
She obviously had her credentials with her.  She admits to not knowing where to go and being shown to the apartment.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2018, 05:49:34 PM »
Was she though?  On whose authority was she acting?  Had she contacted her own bosses?  Had she contacted the British authorities for clearance?  Had she contacted the Portuguese authorities.

What you are advocating is anarchy with any Tom, Dick or Harry free to take it upon themselves to pass beyond police lines and interfere with witnesses in a police investigation.

The woman had no business to be there particularly as she added to the distress of an already traumatised woman.

It probably ranks as one of the most unprofessional episodes I have ever heard of.

IMO
Probably she was more concerned to the distress, traumatise that maddie would have gone through

As for the authority, would you expect a doctor/medic on holiday to attend a dying person, thinking i cant do anything im on holiday - i have no authority  here

Didn't kennedy do the same to the smiths, interfered

Offline jassi

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2018, 05:50:12 PM »
As it all amounted to nothing in the long run, nothing really to get worked up about a decade and more later.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2018, 05:52:36 PM »
IMO
Probably she was more concerned to the distress, traumatise that maddie would have gone through

As for the authority, would you expect a doctor/medic on holiday to attend a dying person, thinking i cant do anything im on holiday - i have no authority  here

It would appear that he did - for some undisclosed reason. Perhaps he saw himself as some latter day Poirot.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2018, 05:52:48 PM »
Yes I agree. The questions may have been to establish a reason for the 'abduction'.  It is almost the first question asked of a parent who's child is missing. Time is of the essence as we are constantly reminded, questions no matter how difficult and upsetting they seem need to be asked and answered.

Yvonne Martin should not have been asking any questions.  The police hadn't even had a chance to interview any one ... why on earth do you and this woman think she had any right to contaminate the witnesses and be asking questions like that?

Her behaviour is not only unprofessional it is bizarre.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2018, 05:53:17 PM »
IMO

T he woman had every right to be there, maddie's safety /welfare had been breached with tragic consequences.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2018, 05:55:06 PM »
In the circumstances outlined ... I can assure you Yvonne Martin had no locus interfering with a police investigation or police witnesses.
In my opinion she treated everyone from first to last with high handed contempt.
She left when she was asked to.  What I see was a voluntary situation.  She approached the McCanns they agreed to talk to her, they accepted her credentials, but after a discussion with DP (I think that is agreed) DP informed her they didn't want to talk to her any more and she left.

OK she didn't like it and got DP checked out, but his record was OK AFAIK.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2018, 05:55:52 PM »
You are absolutely right Brietta..
she wouldn't have been allowed under any tape had this happened in the UK...

she would be in a case meeting with police discussing  the other children safety maybe attempting to get a court order for the other children from ALL tapas be removed- and the parents arrested for child abandonment.
But well, it was only Maddie who paid the price of that decision of chosen childcare arrangements.

Everyone else went back to work and school...

You make terrific assumptions about this woman and exactly what cases her bosses might allow her to handle.
What exactly do you know about her?

Offline Lace

« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2018, 05:57:43 PM »
What made you come to the conclusion: "It seems as though the journalist was the person who suggested the McCann's didn't speak to Yvonne Martin,  it appears Kate was very upset at the time too and I wouldn't think it was an appropriate time to go questioning her."

By reading Yvonne Martin's statement.   It looks as though she approached the McCann couple in the street,  Kate was openly distressed,   she started asking them questions about the disappearance of Madeleine,  in her own words she said she was trying to get Kate away to speak to her alone.   The journalist came along,  he must have heard what the McCann's were saying to her and suggested they kept silent.   Yvonne Martin was managing to get information from Kate and Gerry,  they asked why she was asking questions that only the police had asked.  How was she trying to help and comfort them by asking those questions?

Offline jassi

« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2018, 05:58:09 PM »
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm

Thank you. I can't see the bit where it says that the forth person played any part in separating her (Yvonne) from the McCanns.

Or maybe not -