Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49740 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2018, 06:29:01 PM »
It is there towards the bottom.

This is the only bit that I can see -
 "Meanwhile a fourth individual came towards the group and identified himself as a journalist. The witness alerted the couple to the type of statements they should give and that it would be better for them to keep silent.

At this moment, the third person, who was always near to the couple and the witness, moved the couple away from her and the three of them talked in whispers for some time.

After this, and leaving the couple behind him, he approached the witness and told her that the couple did not want to speak any more with her, nor with anyone else."
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2018, 06:29:54 PM »
I said 'amazing'  because she spent a short time questioning the McCann's,  then came to the conclusion they might have had something to do with Madeleine's disappearance.
Cite please.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Lace

« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2018, 06:33:27 PM »
Do we see what was in the anonymous letter?  I don't think we do.  I think you are wrong to say YM "went on to write an anonymous letter saying she thought the McCann's had had something to do with Madeleine's disappearance".

snipped from Yvonne Martins statement -   

She says that about two weeks after Madeleine's disappearance, when the police made an appeal for information about a man, carrying a child, who had been seen in the Luz zone, and whose clothing was described, she wrote an anonymous letter to the British police, telling them the following: : regarding the various details she observed during her contact with the McCanns it is her opinion that they could be in some way involved in the disappearance of Madeleine.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2018, 06:33:50 PM »
The third person is David Payne,   the fourth person is the journalist.
What I was meaning from an outsiders point of view the numbers are plus 1. 
Kate 1 , Gerry 2, David 3 and Yvonne 4, when the journalist turns up that is 5 people there.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Lace

« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2018, 06:34:41 PM »
Cite please.

Read Yvonne Martins statement,  I've already given the link.

Offline Lace

« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2018, 06:35:46 PM »
What I was meaning from an outsiders point of view the numbers are plus 1. 
Kate 1 , Gerry 2, David 3 and Yvonne 4, when the journalist turns up that is 5 people there.

Ok it that sense no she is not counting herself,  but she is speaking about who was there in the respect as to how many people she saw.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2018, 06:38:46 PM »
snipped from Yvonne Martins statement -   

She says that about two weeks after Madeleine's disappearance, when the police made an appeal for information about a man, carrying a child, who had been seen in the Luz zone, and whose clothing was described, she wrote an anonymous letter to the British police, telling them the following: : regarding the various details she observed during her contact with the McCanns it is her opinion that they could be in some way involved in the disappearance of Madeleine.
OK "that they could be in some way"  I was thinking she was referring to the extended group, but I'll have another look.  I don't see the reason other than the statistics (99.9%) that would support this view.
"The McCanns" IMO is more a reference to family and friends, more so than to Kate and Gerry in particular.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 06:54:35 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2018, 06:40:47 PM »
Read Yvonne Martins statement,  I've already given the link.
I'd prefer a copy and paste of a portion at supported your view.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 07:20:03 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline kizzy

« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2018, 06:43:34 PM »
I said 'amazing'  because she spent a short time questioning the McCann's,  then came to the conclusion they might have had something to do with Madeleine's disappearance.

Well she wasn't on her own, several involved in the case thought the same . imo

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2018, 06:45:52 PM »
The word I used was expertise.
They often go hand in hand.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2018, 06:47:43 PM »
This is the only bit that I can see -
 "Meanwhile a fourth individual came towards the group and identified himself as a journalist. The witness alerted the couple to the type of statements they should give and that it would be better for them to keep silent.

At this moment, the third person, who was always near to the couple and the witness, moved the couple away from her and the three of them talked in whispers for some time.

After this, and leaving the couple behind him, he approached the witness and told her that the couple did not want to speak any more with her, nor with anyone else."
That is it.  IMO YM would read that as suspicious behaviour.   
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 07:21:33 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline misty

« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2018, 06:54:50 PM »
That is it.  YM would read that as suspicious behaviour.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm

snipped

"She did this anonymously because she did not want to be bothered by the media. But she also states that according to what she remembers, when she met with Madeleine's parents, David Payne, who was with them, was wearing a dark polo shirt, blue or black coloured, cream coloured long trousers, of linen or cotton, and dark shoes (sandal/slipper type without a back buckle/catch). In her opinion, this clothing matches perfectly with the clothing the Police described the man (carrying the child) to be wearing at the time. All these coincidences made the witness think that the parents and their friends could possibly be involved in the disappearance of the child.

She declares that one of her main aims when she wrote the anonymous letter was for the British police to check the paedophile or child abusers registers and whether David Payne was on that list."

=============================================================

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2018, 06:58:57 PM »
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm

snipped

"She did this anonymously because she did not want to be bothered by the media. But she also states that according to what she remembers, when she met with Madeleine's parents, David Payne, who was with them, was wearing a dark polo shirt, blue or black coloured, cream coloured long trousers, of linen or cotton, and dark shoes (sandal/slipper type without a back buckle/catch). In her opinion, this clothing matches perfectly with the clothing the Police described the man (carrying the child) to be wearing at the time. All these coincidences made the witness think that the parents and their friends could possibly be involved in the disappearance of the child.

She declares that one of her main aims when she wrote the anonymous letter was for the British police to check the paedophile or child abusers registers and whether David Payne was on that list."

=============================================================

That is what I find the most incredible thought - could David Payne ever have been Tannerman?  Smithman hadn't been mentioned by that stage had he?
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2018, 07:07:48 PM »
That is what I find the most incredible thought - could David Payne ever have been Tannerman? Smithman hadn't been mentioned by that stage had he?

Only if the rest of the group have been telling lots and lots of porkies
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2018, 07:08:10 PM »
That is what I find the most incredible thought - could David Payne ever have been Tannerman?  Smithman hadn't been mentioned by that stage had he?

The hair, Rob - or rather the lack of it - tends to suggest he wasn't, unless certain beliefs that he was easily mistaken for RM in the dark are realistic.