Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49737 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2018, 07:13:21 PM »
The hair, Rob - or rather the lack of it - tends to suggest he wasn't, unless certain beliefs that he was easily mistaken for RM in the dark are realistic.
I would have thought Jane would recognise DP too.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2018, 07:17:40 PM »
My caveat is that it would be well worth taking note of the date on the correspondence and the name of the co-ordinator to whom it is addressed.

Then rethink shining nuggets and pyrites ... I'm sure something will spring to mind.

Just to make it clear:
I DO NOT TRUST ANY DOCUMENT ABOUT THIS CASE WHICH IS PUBLISHED ON THE INTERNET.
But it's fun to argue with those who do in their own selective manner then generate conspiracy theories that a child would boot into the long grass.

I am sure you can work it out if you apply yourself to it.
Maybe you are in an inappropriate locus [the ones that did not descend on the land of Egypt].
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 08:29:47 PM by Brietta »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2018, 07:24:29 PM »
Only if the rest of the group have been telling lots and lots of porkies
Either that or very badly mistaken.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 07:27:25 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2018, 08:06:12 PM »
Either that or very badly mistaken.

Well that would be a novel way of looking at it   @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2018, 08:25:21 PM »
They often go hand in hand.

Indeed but not all the time ... in my opinion Yvonne Martin's interference in this case is an example of when they did not.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2018, 10:00:03 PM »
Indeed but not all the time ... in my opinion Yvonne Martin's interference in this case is an example of when they did not.
I have no way of ever finding out whether she was reprimanded by her employers for interfering, can you?
Moderation

Offline misty

« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2018, 10:03:22 PM »
I have no way of ever finding out whether she was reprimanded by her employers for interfering, can you?

The incident certainly never affected her career.
https://www.naccc.org.uk/downloads/NACCC_presentation_29-11-11.pdf

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2018, 04:38:59 AM »
The incident certainly never affected her career.
https://www.naccc.org.uk/downloads/NACCC_presentation_29-11-11.pdf
So if by following the correct procedures she failed in the circumstances why?  I can see it happening because the interview of Kate was on a voluntary basis.  As soon as she was told that Kate didn't want to proceed it stopped, even when it wasn't Kate herself that gave the verbal instruction it was over.
Moderation

Offline sadie

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2018, 08:53:40 AM »
From her statement:  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm
"- She identified herself and presented her credentials and immediately began talking to the mother of the missing child as she was visibly upset with the situation.

- During the conversation the mother told her that she did not understand why a couple had abducted her daughter."

Well let's see "she was visibly upset with the situation".  Pretty well expected that Kate was upset.  Nothing new there.
Next bit: "the mother told her that she did not understand why a couple had abducted her daughter".

So had someone told Kate that a couple had abducted her daughter?   How would Kate even begin to suspect that a couple had abducted her daughter?
Was this from the potential sighting at 6:00 AM near the Lagos Marina by George Burke Brooks?

It only makes sense to me that somehow the information of this sighting had been passed onto Kate either directly or via the PJ IMO.

Can anyone think of another reason Kate would wonder why a couple abducted her child?
Personally, I think it likely that in an effort to placate the distraught Kate, her friends kept reassuring her by telling her that with Madeleine being such a lovely little girl, a childless couple had decided to make her their daughter.  So Madeleine was safe and cared for.   

Much better than thinking that she had been taken by a nasty group of men to (?)sold on

OMO

Offline kizzy

« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2018, 09:41:54 AM »
Personally, I think it likely that in an effort to placate the distraught Kate, her friends kept reassuring her by telling her that with Madeleine being such a lovely little girl, a childless couple had decided to make her their daughter.  So Madeleine was safe and cared for.   

Much better than thinking that she had been taken by a nasty group of men to (?)sold on

OMO

Ah so that would have made it ok then, not only they were the mccanns responsible parents.

Maddie was with a loving couple, and going to live happily ever after [what a story].

IMO, i think this always seeing the good, in mccanns and friends.

Has made those who believe maddie was abducted,is limited in there ability to see the wood for the trees.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2018, 09:47:20 AM »

Ah so that would have made it ok then, not only they were the mccanns responsible parents.

Maddie was with a loving couple, and going to live happily ever after [what a story].

IMO, i think this always seeing the good, in mccanns and friends.

Has made those who believe maddie was abducted,is limited in there ability to see the wood for the trees.

Problem is you can’t run an investigation on those presumptions.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2018, 09:50:58 AM »
So if by following the correct procedures she failed in the circumstances why?  I can see it happening because the interview of Kate was on a voluntary basis.  As soon as she was told that Kate didn't want to proceed it stopped, even when it wasn't Kate herself that gave the verbal instruction it was over.

In my opinion she did not follow procedures or any statutory instrument that I am familiar with, she was making it up as she went along.

She arrived on the scene uninvited and without authorisation.
She forced herself onto people without authorisation.
She asked inappropriate questions and made no inquiry into the welfare of the children involved, not even making a single enquiry about any of them.

In my opinion she overstepped the bounds of good practice and acted well outwith her pay grade.
In my opinion she had no business asking Kate McCann anything at all that was not connected to the welfare of the twins and even that is questionable.

The clincher as far as I am concerned was the poison pen anonymous letter she chose to write. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:54:56 AM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2018, 09:57:03 AM »
In my opinion she did not follow procedures or any statutory instrument that I am familiar with, she was making it up as she went along.

She arrived on the scene uninvited and without authorisation.
She forced herself onto people without authorisation.
She asked inappropriate questions and made no inquiry into the welfare of the children involved, not even making a single enquiry about any of them.

In my opinion she overstepped the bounds of good practice and acted well outwith her pay grade.
In my opinion she had no business asking Kate McCann anything at all that was not connected to the welfare of the twins and even that is questionable.

The clincher as far as I am concerned was the poison pen anonymous letter she chose to write.

As was said earlier if it had been an injured person and a doctor on holiday no one would have batted an eyelid.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2018, 10:06:47 AM »
As was said earlier if it had been an injured person and a doctor on holiday no one would have batted an eyelid.

A doctor  would be carrying out the job he is trained to do every day... What involvement does Martin have with children suspected if being abducted...she was an interfering busybody imo

Offline Brietta

« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2018, 10:22:09 AM »

An injured person could expect to be given assistance by any passer by not only a medically trained one if there was no other support available.

This incredibly arrogant busy body gained access to a distraught woman with her husband and friends by her side, proceeded to question her intimately causing her further trauma as she struggled to get away from her.

Kate McCann was an injured person ... this person exacerbated that injury for her own purposes ... I hardly think your comparison makes any sense at all looking at the circumstances of her unwarranted interventions.