Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49736 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2018, 10:34:11 AM »
A doctor  would be carrying out the job he is trained to do every day... What involvement does Martin have with children suspected if being abducted...she was an interfering busybody imo
She implies she has experience with cases like this,  considering at that stage 13 hours after the last sighting of Madeleine no one really knows what happened.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2018, 10:37:29 AM »
An injured person could expect to be given assistance by any passer by not only a medically trained one if there was no other support available.

This incredibly arrogant busy body gained access to a distraught woman with her husband and friends by her side, proceeded to question her intimately causing her further trauma as she struggled to get away from her.

Kate McCann was an injured person ... this person exacerbated that injury for her own purposes ... I hardly think your comparison makes any sense at all looking at the circumstances of her unwarranted interventions.
I still disagree.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2018, 10:41:28 AM »
An injured person could expect to be given assistance by any passer by not only a medically trained one if there was no other support available.

This incredibly arrogant busy body gained access to a distraught woman with her husband and friends by her side, proceeded to question her intimately causing her further trauma as she struggled to get away from her.

Kate McCann was an injured person ... this person exacerbated that injury for her own purposes ... I hardly think your comparison makes any sense at all looking at the circumstances of her unwarranted interventions.

This incredibly arrogant busy body was employed in child protection, showed her credentionals, something you don't have.

It is only your opinion, she met them first hand, and thought them involved,

IMO is it that you are so outraged about, and not the person

Offline kizzy

« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2018, 10:41:50 AM »
A doctor  would be carrying out the job he is trained to do every day... What involvement does Martin have with children suspected if being abducted...she was an interfering busybody imo

Is that how you think of people in the child protection services, interfering busybodies,  oh my days.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2018, 10:55:50 AM »

Is that how you think of people in the child protection services, interfering busybodies,  oh my days.

Explain what her role, was when she wen to speak to Kate... And tried to seoerate Kate from the, rest of the group..
Interference in a criminal investigation is a phrase that is, used a lot on here

Offline Carana

« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2018, 11:22:16 AM »
(snip)
The clincher as far as I am concerned was the poison pen anonymous letter she chose to write.

Brietta, the "anonymous letter" may have been nothing more than a statement made via Crimestoppers.

In the context of the immediate breaking news, however heavy-handed her approach may seem (to me as well), she may well have thought that she was doing the right thing to help locate the missing child as fast as possible.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2018, 11:26:48 AM »
Brietta, the "anonymous letter" may have been nothing more than a statement made via Crimestoppers.

In the context of the immediate breaking news, however heavy-handed her approach may seem (to me as well), she may well have thought that she was doing the right thing to help locate the missing child as fast as possible.
It can't have been that anonymous as it was able to be traced back to her, or did she just own up to it.
Moderation

Offline kizzy

« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2018, 11:29:17 AM »
Explain what her role, was when she wen to speak to Kate... And tried to seoerate Kate from the, rest of the group..
Interference in a criminal investigation is a phrase that is, used a lot on here

I Don't have to explain her role, she worked in child protection, why should that distress kmccann so much if she had nothing to fear.

IMO your stance would be totally different, if she had stated the mccanns totally innocent.

Her opinion, at first hand was that they were involved.

Same as others, who after being involved with mccanns first hand -  thought, who are experienced at doing that.

All your going by is a statement,  you don't like, that doesnt fit in with your agenda. imo

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2018, 11:30:45 AM »
In my opinion she did not follow procedures or any statutory instrument that I am familiar with, she was making it up as she went along.

She arrived on the scene uninvited and without authorisation.
She forced herself onto people without authorisation.
She asked inappropriate questions and made no inquiry into the welfare of the children involved, not even making a single enquiry about any of them.

In my opinion she overstepped the bounds of good practice and acted well outwith her pay grade.
In my opinion she had no business asking Kate McCann anything at all that was not connected to the welfare of the twins and even that is questionable.

The clincher as far as I am concerned was the poison pen anonymous letter she chose to write.

Maybe that hits the nail on the head ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2018, 11:36:17 AM »
It can't have been that anonymous as it was able to be traced back to her, or did she just own up to it.

She made statements to the PJ and therefore those appear in the files, including a reference to an "anonymous letter".

Offline jassi

« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2018, 11:37:54 AM »
Unless this anonymous letter has been seen, it would be very wrong to pretend to know what it contained.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2018, 11:41:45 AM »
She made statements to the PJ and therefore those appear in the files, including a reference to an "anonymous letter".
She may have been asked "Did you write this anonymous letter?  And then answered yes.
Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2018, 11:50:34 AM »

I Don't have to explain her role, she worked in child protection, why should that distress kmccann so much if she had nothing to fear.

IMO your stance would be totally different, if she had stated the mccanns totally innocent.

Her opinion, at first hand was that they were involved.

Same as others, who after being involved with mccanns first hand -  thought, who are experienced at doing that.

All your going by is a statement,  you don't like, that doesnt fit in with your agenda. imo

Her "opinion" was that the police should check it out. I have no problem with that.

She presumably didn't know the McCanns from Adam and Eve prior to turning up in the immediate aftermath of the news of a missing child, with distraught parents and a family friend present, wondering who the hell she was, what her purpose was, and any other questions as to her uninvited and unofficial presence.

From her perspective, she may simply have reacted on reflex in a genuine, but heavy-handed, attempt to be helpful.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2018, 11:53:07 AM »
Unless this anonymous letter has been seen, it would be very wrong to pretend to know what it contained.

Anomalous anonymous even... 8(>((
Or some of it mayhap sailing a bit close to the wind vis a vis defaming Ms Martin.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2018, 11:57:17 AM »
She may have been asked "Did you write this anonymous letter?  And then answered yes.

Rob, check out the correspondence between lawyers acting on behalf of the UK police forces and the PJ authorities. The UK side went ballistic at news that PT tabloids were about to publish further confidential information. In the light of that, then re-read the strategy analysis report.