Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49736 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2018, 01:34:52 PM »
This lady was was not on NHS work duty at the time - she was apparently on holiday in a foreign country.

There is nothing official about her intervention, unless you've found something to that effect.

She was acting as a concerned individual - rather in the same way that many holidaymakers went out searching because of concern.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2018, 01:35:53 PM »
I must admit I am quite perplexed as to why she should be singled out as a busybody? I mean anyone who asks questions of the McCanns are seen as trolls, busybodies,nasty people. When the police were asking questions they were Fking w.......s... tweedle dee and tweedle dumb etc, Amaral was singled out as well because he didn't believe their 'time line' and 'story about shutters', police and EVERYONE,also accused of not searching for their daughter [great fake news story] And yet uncomfortable as those questions may be at a time of stress, I can see no reason for them not to answer them I mean they have NOTHING to hide right? Well apart from the fact they left their children alone every night and one seems to have disappeared in mysterious circumstances.

She felt she had cause to write that letter thinking only about the missing child because that is why they are called CHILD protection- not families reputation damage limitation protection officers.

It would appear DP was a name familiar to her at some point in her career- no harm in checking if it was the SAME DP.  Poor Maddie her parents feelings took precedence over hers/shocking beyond belief.

People world-wide reported sightings of children who, in their opinion, looked like Madeleine McCann. Others made unfounded accusations online or in the press about named people. In both cases I would call these people busy-bodies who gave little or no thought to the effects of their actions on those they pointed their fingers at.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2018, 01:44:40 PM »
This lady was was not on NHS work duty at the time - she was apparently on holiday in a foreign country.

There is nothing official about her intervention, unless you've found something to that effect.

I never said she worked for the NHS I said the Tapas group work for the NHS and would be well aware of child protection 'look out for signs' and must report. it is their duty. If they had nothing to hide or fear then they would have had no reason to not answer questions. I feel the part which made her very suspicoius was him whispering to Kate and then Kate moving along.

Some mothers are unaware that family members/friends do abuse their children. I would suggest that is the reason Ms Martin wanted to speak with Kate alone to see if she 'suspected anyone of such things'.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 12:34:03 AM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline kizzy

« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2018, 01:47:33 PM »
Just as there would be no expectation of unwarranted interference from an off duty British police officer ... there would be no expectation of unwarranted interference from any other professional whatever their discipline.

Worth bearing in mind that "fools rush in where angels fear to tread."

Well we certainly know who the fools was, in this case.

Foolish actions - resulted in maddie's fate.

Offline Carana

« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2018, 01:56:52 PM »

She apparently also thought that there might have been a biological dad (i.e., that Gerry was a step-dad) who might have taken her. I don't have a problem with that, either, as a spur-of-the-moment possibility.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:46:05 PM by Brietta »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2018, 02:17:51 PM »
She was acting as a concerned individual - rather in the same way that many holidaymakers went out searching because of concern.

Yeah and had she joined in with such a search party all would have been well.  What made her more important than any other holidaymaker to assume locus in the investigation?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2018, 02:54:43 PM »
Yeah and had she joined in with such a search party all would have been well.  What made her more important than any other holidaymaker to assume locus in the investigation?

Her training in Child protection.

For the life of me I cannot see the point of your continued angst over this.
Do you take it as a personal affront that she dared to speak out about her feelings?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2018, 03:05:00 PM »
Just as there would be no expectation of unwarranted interference from an off duty British police officer ... there would be no expectation of unwarranted interference from any other professional whatever their discipline.

Worth bearing in mind that "fools rush in where angels fear to tread."

If there was an off duty police officer in the area with a knowledge of Portugal and Portuguese, I would hope they would offer assistance.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2018, 03:33:24 PM »
If there was an off duty police officer in the area with a knowledge of Portugal and Portuguese, I would hope they would offer assistance.
Indeed.

Mayhap Mr Murat, with his knowledge of England, English, Portugal and Portuguese should have butted out.

Perhaps the locals who searched should have left it to the police.

Mayhap the lady who offered her phone to call the police at 10.30 pm should have kept her gob shut.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2018, 03:42:44 PM »

Agreed.
But there are procedures to be followed and part of that would be an approach to those in charge of the investigation to check if informal assistance would be required and welcomed.  For example in organising a search team?  But the decision on deployment would have been for the Portuguese to take.

In my opinion the Portuguese would rightly have taken a very dim view of a holidaying police officer turning up unsolicited on site and launching an independent interrogation of the main witness without as much as a by your leave..

Protocol might even have dictated such an offer of assistance would have to be formalised through official channels at both ends.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2018, 03:49:55 PM »
Indeed.

Mayhap Mr Murat, with his knowledge of England, English, Portugal and Portuguese should have butted out.

Perhaps the locals who searched should have left it to the police.

Mayhap the lady who offered her phone to call the police at 10.30 pm should have kept her gob shut.

You can't just have every Tom dick and Harry interfering... As you found out when you offered your, assistance to SY and the McCanns

Offline Brietta

« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2018, 03:55:32 PM »
Her training in Child protection.

For the life of me I cannot see the point of your continued angst over this.
Do you take it as a personal affront that she dared to speak out about her feelings?

Given the mix of holidaymakers and expats I would assume there were many professional people of many disciplines who gave up their time to assist in searching for a missing little girl.

The police were dealing with that and other aspects of the case.

In what way did Yvonne Martin utilise her expertise in safeguarding the McCann twins and the other children.  Did she ascertain what arrangements were in place for them when their parents were off making police statements?  or was she too busy asking about signs of break in at the holiday apartment?

Offline jassi

« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2018, 04:02:41 PM »
Broadly speaking, she didn't get a chance. Would have been better leaving well alone.
Doesn't explain your general animosity towards her though.

Or maybe not -

Offline Carana

« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2018, 04:21:37 PM »
To refer back to the OP title.

Nothing, that I can work out.

On the other hand, I still think that - in the context of the initial chaos - her attempt to help might have proved useful if ever there had been a step-dad or potential predator within the group known to herself, but not necessarily to others.

Her suspicions don't appear to have been correct, just as many others have probably been checked out and eliminated.

Suspicions of others have also been presumably been checked out, with only one outstanding lead remaining, apparently.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2018, 04:23:28 PM »
Broadly speaking, she didn't get a chance. Would have been better leaving well alone.
Doesn't explain your general animosity towards her though.

In my opinion, broadly speaking she made plenty of time to hang around and interrogate the resort manager???

Did she use her professional skills to ascertain the condition of the children and how she could be of assistance to them?
In the absence of evidence that she did ...what exactly do you suppose was her motivation ... given her children and families background?

Snip
She adds that, after having spoken to the McCann couple, she spoke to the resort manager, and after identifying herself, asked him whether there had been a break-in in the apartment where the child was, to which he replied no but that the door was open as were the window blinds, which, according to Kate, should have been closed but were found open.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm