Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49739 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2018, 05:02:19 PM »
The questions she was asking in my opinion was more to do with being inquisitive about what had happened,  she didn't know for instance if Madeleine had   wandered out of the apartment.   If you call what she did as being helpful to the McCann's then I disagree.    The McCann's have said there is no evidence Madeleine is dead, which there isn't.

Why are you bringing up baby P and Poppi they are entirely different cases to the McCann's.

1. your opinion means nothing and adds nothing to the debate in question YOU DO NOT KNOW why she was there you said so yourself, so why form an uneducated opinion?

2. I explained he job title and what that entails: CHILD PROTECTION. A British child was 'missing assumed abducted'- she wanted to help if this was possible.

3. if the McCanns can provide evidence of their daughter Madeline's mortal state, then they should inform the police- They claim to be the last people to see her alive before her disappearance- oh and David Payne was also a  witness to the 3 alive 'angels well brought up and all that jazz'

[Are they speaking with knowledge or just guessing as there is no evidence of Abduction or being alive?]

4. The baby P and Poppi are cases which have been used for training regarding child protection and the staff's duties and responsibilities to report- using guidelines. ALL the TAPAS have this mandatory training. Some fail to report a child who has cigarette burns on thighs etc.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Lace

« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2018, 05:09:40 PM »
1. your opinion means nothing and adds nothing to the debate in question YOU DO NOT KNOW why she was there you said so yourself, so why form an uneducated opinion?

2. I explained he job title and what that entails: CHILD PROTECTION. A British child was 'missing assumed abducted'- she wanted to help if this was possible.

3. if the McCanns can provide evidence of their daughter Madeline's mortal state, then they should inform the police- They claim to be the last people to see her alive before her disappearance- oh and David Payne was also a  witness to the 3 alive 'angels well brought up and all that jazz'

[Are they speaking with knowledge or just guessing as there is no evidence of Abduction or being alive?]

4. The baby P and Poppi are cases which have been used for training regarding child protection and the staff's duties and responsibilities to report- using guidelines. ALL the TAPAS have this mandatory training. Some fail to report a child who has cigarette burns on thighs etc.

Apparently Yvonne Martin heard that Madeleine had gone missing and people were asked to support the parents,  so I do know why she went there,  'to support the parents' presumably.    I don't call asking questions about  the window in 5a  etc.  helping the parents do you?  How could the McCann's provide evidence of Madeleine's mortal state if she was missing?   I don't understand why you think the baby P and Poppi cases which are used for training purposes have any bearing at all on the McCann case.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2018, 05:17:15 PM »
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm

"She adds that, after having spoken to the McCann couple, she spoke to the resort manager, and after identifying herself, asked him whether there had been a break-in in the apartment where the child was, to which he replied no but that the door was open as were the window blinds, which, according to Kate, should have been closed but were found open."

I think in the context that this was John Hill giving Yvonne this information the door referred to was most likely the kids bedroom door, and the window blinds were the ones in the kids bedroom as well.

So the door does not refer to the front door or the patio door. IMO.

KM 4 May 2007 statement

At around 10pm, the interviewee went to check on the children. She went into the apartment by the side door, which was closed but not locked, as she said before. She noticed that the door to her children's bedroom was completely open, the window was also open, the shutters raised and the curtains open, while she was certain of having closed them all as she always did. http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATE-MCCANN.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Lace

« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2018, 05:24:47 PM »
KM 4 May 2007 statement

At around 10pm, the interviewee went to check on the children. She went into the apartment by the side door, which was closed but not locked, as she said before. She noticed that the door to her children's bedroom was completely open, the window was also open, the shutters raised and the curtains open, while she was certain of having closed them all as she always did. http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATE-MCCANN.htm

I don't think that has been translated properly,   The McCann's said they kept the shutters and the curtains shut as it was only used for the children's bedtime. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2018, 06:00:37 PM »
I don't think that has been translated properly,   The McCann's said they kept the shutters and the curtains shut as it was only used for the children's bedtime.

And ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2018, 07:20:07 PM »
Is that what a Social Worker is meant to do?     Can someone enlighten me as to the duties of a Social Worker please.    I don't understand why she would be asking questions like that.
She had just been informed that there was a possibility a couple had abducted Kate's daughter.  I think it is reasonably to wonder if the apartment was broken into.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2018, 07:25:16 PM »
Yvonne Martin had no right of access to the family.  Nor any right to background information.
Can you stop her asking questions?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2018, 07:29:57 PM »
She had just been informed that there was a possibility a couple had abducted Kate's daughter.  I think it is reasonably to wonder if the apartment was broken into.

Robbity, it was not her business to wonder anything at all.  She had absolutely no locus in the case.  She neither enquired about or showed any concern for the children involved; which in my opinion shows where her priorities lay.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2018, 07:33:20 PM »
Can you stop her asking questions?

No.  But you can tell her to go away.

Offline Lace

« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2018, 07:38:22 PM »
And ?

It says 'she closed them all as she usually did'   which implys that she closed the shutters and curtains every day,  according to the McCann's they just kept them closed from day one.

The only thing they left a bit was the door.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2018, 07:46:13 PM »
Robbity, it was not her business to wonder anything at all.  She had absolutely no locus in the case.  She neither enquired about or showed any concern for the children involved; which in my opinion shows where her priorities lay.
That is not how I read her statement.  She had concern for the other kids.

"- During this time, she saw the third individual two more times. Firstly, when he was accompanying an older woman and the McCann twins, demonstrating in this way, the trust that the couple had in him by letting him take care of their two children. On the second occasion, he accompanied what appeared to her to be plain clothed police officers. "  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2018, 07:53:19 PM »
Even if they had not opened them they can still check that the window and shutters were closed everyday.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2018, 08:04:55 PM »
We're not really talking about rights, more discussing her actions.
She might even have a duty to step in.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #253 on: March 01, 2018, 08:07:21 PM »
So nothing on 'detective duties'  then?     In my opinion she was just curious about what had happened and put out that they didn't want to talk to her,   thus resulting in her writing a letter saying in her opinion the McCann's may have had something to do with the disappearance of their child.   Which has nothing to do with safe guarding a child and all to do with spite.
In your opinion only or else that could be considered libellous.
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #254 on: March 01, 2018, 08:07:55 PM »
She might even have a duty to step in.

No, not a duty, but possibly felt a moral obligation to try and help.
I can't see why people should be so antagonistic towards her.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future