Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49743 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #315 on: March 02, 2018, 07:20:59 AM »
As her field did not include, locating lost children she was, an interfering busybody... Imo
Do you know her fields of expertise? 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #316 on: March 02, 2018, 07:23:57 AM »
I presume even doctors can run around like headless chickens in the midst of a personal tragedy, particularly after very little, if any, sleep.

I don't have a problem that she asked (anonymously) for DPs name to be checked if it rang a vague bell with her.

What I do have a problem with is that her (apparently ill-founded) suspicions were made public.

AFAIK, confidential statements are supposed to remain... confidential, unless, of course, they are raised in a court case.
Was it only made public with the release of the file when the case was archived?  Or was there indications it had been released earlier?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2018, 07:28:25 AM »
Was it only made public with the release of the file when the case was archived?  Or was there indications it had been released earlier?

IMO she thought she recognised DP in a professional capacity and did the right thing in reporting that to the police.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #318 on: March 02, 2018, 07:29:54 AM »
Why should she have felt that she had the right?  She tried to isolate Kate so she could question her.  Why?
No doubt she was thinking about who made and how  Madeleine disappeared.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2018, 07:34:41 AM »
But Gerry wasn't a Step Dad.  And it wasn't her place to establish this.. If it had been true then it would have come out later.
So she was jumping to conclusions, and distressing an already distress woman.  I was appalled by her assumptions.
She didn't make any assumptions, other than accepting Kate was telling her the truth.  She only asked the question to eliminate a jealous biological father abducting his biological daughter.  Who else would have considered that?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2018, 07:47:55 AM »
I just read this in Yvonne Martin's statement  -

Meanwhile a fourth individual came towards the group and identified himself as a journalist. The witness alerted the couple to the type of statements they should give and that it would be better for them to keep silent.

It seems as though the journalist was the person who suggested the McCann's didn't speak to Yvonne Martin,  it appears Kate was very upset at the time too and I wouldn't think it was an appropriate time to go questioning her.
Has anyone got an idea as to who this could have been.  I think it must have been a local reporter,
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2018, 09:42:50 AM »
She didn't make any assumptions, other than accepting Kate was telling her the truth.  She only asked the question to eliminate a jealous biological father abducting his biological daughter.  Who else would have considered that?

All these coincidences made the witness think that the parents and their friends could possibly be involved in the disappearance of the child.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm

In my opinion she made enormous assumptions ... of which the above is only one.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2018, 09:47:58 AM »
Has anyone got an idea as to who this could have been.  I think it must have been a local reporter,

As the case of missing Madeleine McCann reaches its tenth anniversary, Olive Press editor JON CLARKE – the first journalist on the scene – analyses why her parents were not involved… and recalls the shocking way he ended up accused of being involved.

Snip
I was completely shocked by the laid back manner the local authorities were dealing with the case that Friday morning.

When I arrived at about 11.45am I was firstly able to walk into the apartment, where I introduced myself to the McCanns and told them I would do everything I could to help.

The only reporter on the scene till late that evening – apart from Sky News reporter Kay Burley, who happened to be on holiday there – I spent time grilling neighbours, before noticing that a road crew was still digging up the street to lay sewage pipes literally right outside the apartment. The trench was nearly two metres deep and three men continued to shuffle around inside it.

Nobody had stopped them.

Incredibly, we had to wait till late afternoon before a couple of sniffer dogs had arrived, which was amateur to say the least, given that Maddie had been reported missing a full 18 hours earlier.

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2017/05/11/madeleine-mccann-olive-press-editor-talks-first-journalist-scene-10th-anniversary-disappearance/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #323 on: March 02, 2018, 09:52:21 AM »
IMO she thought she recognised DP in a professional capacity and did the right thing in reporting that to the police.

Was that at a multi disciplinary meeting in his professional capacity? ... as someone involved in a custody dispute? ... or was she even clear that she had met him at all?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #324 on: March 02, 2018, 10:05:34 AM »
She had only heard about the McCann's plight that morning.  Did Sky News detail that there was 4 families with 8 kids in the group in that first news bulletin? You seem to be expecting Yvonne to know far more than was divulged IMO.

Did she ask pertinent questions which would have given her the answers as to how many and which children might have been associated with Kate and Gerry ... not to mention the twins?

She appears not to have sought elementary background information while asking questions way beyond her pay grade and in what I consider to be an offensive and unprofessional manner.
There is no doubt Kate was acutely distressed by her.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #325 on: March 02, 2018, 10:13:28 AM »

When did the first stories appear in the press suggesting that Gerry was not Madeleine's father?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1565936/McCanns-deny-reports-that-Gerry-is-not-Madeleines-father.html

Now I wonder where that idea came from ...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #326 on: March 02, 2018, 10:22:32 AM »
When did the first stories appear in the press suggesting that Gerry was not Madeleine's father?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1565936/McCanns-deny-reports-that-Gerry-is-not-Madeleines-father.html

Now I wonder where that idea came from ...
It could have come from anywhere, but I personally doubt whether Yvonne would have anything to do with it.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #327 on: March 02, 2018, 10:25:26 AM »
Did she ask pertinent questions which would have given her the answers as to how many and which children might have been associated with Kate and Gerry ... not to mention the twins?

She appears not to have sought elementary background information while asking questions way beyond her pay grade and in what I consider to be an offensive and unprofessional manner.
You might have seen the phone calls that they had to handle just prior to Yvonne turning up.  How do you know that it wasn't the phone calls that had upset her.
Moderation

Offline kizzy

« Reply #328 on: March 02, 2018, 10:27:27 AM »

Why do you mention pay grade.

She wasn't on pay, she was on holiday.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #329 on: March 02, 2018, 10:28:20 AM »

As the case of missing Madeleine McCann reaches its tenth anniversary, Olive Press editor JON CLARKE – the first journalist on the scene – analyses why her parents were not involved… and recalls the shocking way he ended up accused of being involved.

Snip
I was completely shocked by the laid back manner the local authorities were dealing with the case that Friday morning.

When I arrived at about 11.45am I was firstly able to walk into the apartment, where I introduced myself to the McCanns and told them I would do everything I could to help.

The only reporter on the scene till late that evening – apart from Sky News reporter Kay Burley, who happened to be on holiday there – I spent time grilling neighbours, before noticing that a road crew was still digging up the street to lay sewage pipes literally right outside the apartment. The trench was nearly two metres deep and three men continued to shuffle around inside it.

Nobody had stopped them.

Incredibly, we had to wait till late afternoon before a couple of sniffer dogs had arrived, which was amateur to say the least, given that Maddie had been reported missing a full 18 hours earlier.

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2017/05/11/madeleine-mccann-olive-press-editor-talks-first-journalist-scene-10th-anniversary-disappearance/
Well according to Yvonne it was much earlier than what Jon admits.
Moderation