Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49546 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #375 on: March 02, 2018, 08:30:21 PM »

Case or forum?
If I'm wanting to solve the case, if I run out of topics the forum will go quiet and the case will grind to a halt too.  That's how I feel and it concerns me.  I'd hate to add up all the threads I've started over the last year and a half.  And all those that were deleted entirely.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #376 on: March 02, 2018, 08:35:08 PM »
If I'm wanting to solve the case, if I run out of topics the forum will go quiet and the case will grind to a halt too.  That's how I feel and it concerns me.  I'd hate to add up all the threads I've started over the last year and a half.  And all those that were deleted entirely.

I shouldn't worry too much, Rob.  Something always kicks things off again.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #377 on: March 02, 2018, 09:49:49 PM »
I shouldn't worry too much, Rob.  Something always kicks things off again.
This George Burke sighting, Yvonne Martin interview, David Payne, Smithman e-fit  combination of topics has got me curious ATM.  Why did the PJ downplay them all?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #378 on: March 02, 2018, 10:11:30 PM »
This George Burke sighting, Yvonne Martin interview, David Payne, Smithman e-fit  combination of topics has got me curious ATM.  Why did the PJ downplay them all?

The obvious answer is that the PJ/Investigating Magistrate thought they were not of interest to the investigation.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #379 on: March 02, 2018, 10:17:18 PM »
The obvious answer is that the PJ/Investigating Magistrate thought they were not of interest to the investigation.
That would be incorrect IMO because there is no mention of an Investigating Magistrate in those files.
Moderation

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #380 on: March 02, 2018, 10:19:30 PM »
That would be incorrect.

The investigating authority didn't seem to think so.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #381 on: March 02, 2018, 11:00:05 PM »
That would be incorrect IMO because there is no mention of an Investigating Magistrate in those files.

Who do you think leads the inquiry?
It is The Public Prosecutor, Examining Magistrate, Investigating Magistrate call him what you will according to translation [I don't mean translations as in the file documents].
I am happy to call him PP. He has the final call.
That is laid out in documents I have already quoted but as the site is generally too tight to cough up 200 euros for the document or wear out a bit of shoe leather going to a decent reference library we seem to be at an impasse.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #382 on: March 02, 2018, 11:50:42 PM »
I would question on what basis he made that decision if that was the case.
The way I understand it is the PJ do the investigation and they present their evidence to the PP who then decides whether to lay charges.

But if the PJ gets a report of an incident and the PJ just say it isn't relevant to the case that decision is a PJ one and nothing to do with the PP.
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #383 on: March 03, 2018, 12:29:34 AM »
Hold the front page! ... I think you may very well have hit the nail on the head with the very essence of what has epitomised Madeline's case since the first headline "A Badly Told Story" with witnesses traduced and hyperbole rampant.

...you missed the evidence discounted.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline sadie

« Reply #384 on: March 03, 2018, 12:38:55 AM »
She is amazing really "She describes him as tall man, height about 1,80 m, about 35 years old, of normal physical complexion, with short, dark hair, with a round face and with a scar on the left side of his face running from the eyebrow to the check. He uses graduated glasses of small dimension with rectangular lenses. He spoke with a southern English accent and was wearing cream coloured trousers and a dark polo shirt"  Leaves the Smiths for dead!
Yet she doesn't mention his defining feature for a youngish man.

... his very much balding head with a small area of growth nearer the hairline !

I think that she must have Robert and David mixed up in her mind.

Or else it was some other man.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #385 on: March 03, 2018, 04:40:22 AM »
Yet she doesn't mention his defining feature for a youngish man.

... his very much balding head with a small area of growth nearer the hairline !

I think that she must have Robert and David mixed up in her mind.

Or else it was some other man.
Maybe she was relatively short herself and didn't get to see the top of his head.

From Robert Murat's statement they were still around their own section at this time.  Yvonne photographically identifies Davis Payne so  let's hope she got the right man.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 04:44:32 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #386 on: March 03, 2018, 04:54:35 AM »
...you missed the evidence discounted.

If you are referring to this statement: "The statements given to the PJ today by Yvonne Martin provide a concrete clarification of the reasons for her suspicions, which in my opinion, do not point to any concrete element that could, in any way, make other inquiries directly related to her statements, viable.

With nothing further to add. Signed

Inspector Ferreira",

I wouldn't call that discounted but insufficient to take any further.  Just from the suspicions they couldn't take those suspicions any further.

So they did not consider looking into DP's history, or whether he could have been Tannerman?

Knowing the whole story it would seem that it is really hard to imagine how DP could be Tannerman, but Yvonne was working from a position of incomplete information at the time.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 06:01:25 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #388 on: March 03, 2018, 06:47:09 AM »
Aw, come on Rob  8(>((
What does a 5 foot 2 see on top of a man's head?  I'll ask Carol she's even shorter.
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #389 on: March 03, 2018, 07:43:53 AM »
If you are referring to this statement: "The statements given to the PJ today by Yvonne Martin provide a concrete clarification of the reasons for her suspicions, which in my opinion, do not point to any concrete element that could, in any way, make other inquiries directly related to her statements, viable.

With nothing further to add. Signed

Inspector Ferreira",

I wouldn't call that discounted but insufficient to take any further.  Just from the suspicions they couldn't take those suspicions any further.

So they did not consider looking into DP's history, or whether he could have been Tannerman?

Knowing the whole story it would seem that it is really hard to imagine how DP could be Tannerman, but Yvonne was working from a position of incomplete information at the time.

No
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.