Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49743 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #480 on: June 25, 2020, 01:50:01 PM »
Agreed.

What is harder to explain is the mention of a couple.

where does Kate mention a couple

Offline Brietta

« Reply #481 on: June 25, 2020, 02:19:34 PM »
They... Can be singular..

That is correct in my neck of the woods ... if Kate actually said it ??
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #482 on: June 25, 2020, 02:25:42 PM »
It's funny how people are accused of mishearing or misunderstanding when they say something people don't want to hear, or can't explain.

In my opinion Yvonne Martin was a disaster tourist with neither rhyme nor reason for pushing her way in.  She contributed nothing except to Amaral's ridiculous notion that Gerry was not Madeleine's father which made headline 'news'.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #483 on: June 25, 2020, 02:52:41 PM »
In my opinion Yvonne Martin was a disaster tourist with neither rhyme nor reason for pushing her way in.  She contributed nothing except to Amaral's ridiculous notion that Gerry was not Madeleine's father which made headline 'news'.

Whatever your opinion of Yvonne Martin she made statements which count as evidence just as other statements do.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #484 on: June 25, 2020, 03:01:13 PM »
Whatever your opinion of Yvonne Martin she made statements which count as evidence just as other statements do.

Yvonne Martin was a nosy busybody who drove several miles in the early morning of May the 4th 2007 and tried to shoehorn her way into a tragedy.  When she failed she then cast aspersions at David Payne, none of which were ever proven.

I can only wonder if she got the sack.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #485 on: June 25, 2020, 03:33:29 PM »
Yvonne Martin was a nosy busybody who drove several miles in the early morning of May the 4th 2007 and tried to shoehorn her way into a tragedy.  When she failed she then cast aspersions at David Payne, none of which were ever proven.

I can only wonder if she got the sack.

I think you're expressing your personal opinions there, rather than anything factual.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #486 on: June 25, 2020, 03:43:11 PM »
I think you're expressing your personal opinions there, rather than anything factual.

No.  She did do as I said.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #487 on: June 25, 2020, 08:36:56 PM »
But did Kate actually say that, or is that what Yvonne assumed if ever Kate had said "they"?

A couple in what sense?

This is what YM said in her statement.

‘ • During the conversation the mother told her that she did not understand why a couple had abducted her daughter. ’

‘They’ could suggest multiple people so why a couple ? YM is quite precise in her language and wouldn't paraphrase what Madeleine’s mother had said.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #488 on: June 25, 2020, 08:40:35 PM »
This is what YM said in her statement.

‘ • During the conversation the mother told her that she did not understand why a couple had abducted her daughter. ’

‘They’ could suggest multiple people so why a couple ? YM is quite precise in her language and wouldn't paraphrase what Madeleine’s mother had said.

Hearsay, of course.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #489 on: June 25, 2020, 08:59:41 PM »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #490 on: June 25, 2020, 09:07:14 PM »
Hearsay, of course.

Just as well we’re not in court then.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Brietta

« Reply #491 on: June 25, 2020, 10:30:45 PM »

One witness statement was communicated in an anonymous letter of the green ink variety.  Not once did this "Child Protection" individual concern herself with the children accompanying the persons she insidiously suggested might be capable of the most heinous crimes imaginable.

Without benefit of referral or inter-agency cooperation this loose cannon forced herself into a situation about which she knew nothing and no-one had the slightest idea of who she was.

Would she have dared to invade a police investigation in any country other than Portugal by latching herself behind an official vehicle and entering an area which should have been behind a police cordon if it wasn't already.

Martin did exactly what a competent professional is trained not to do resulting in freaking out an already distraught woman who nonetheless recognised and was alarmed by the inappropriate and voyeuristic approach of her self appointed interrogator.

Indeed I would go so far as to say her conduct is probably unprecedented by anyone who do not suffer from mental health problems.
She should never have been allowed near Kate McCann.
Her so called 'witness' statements to a situation she engendered without any proper background knowledge or investigation would be treated with the contempt deserved in any competent professional environment.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #492 on: June 25, 2020, 11:07:41 PM »
One witness statement was communicated in an anonymous letter of the green ink variety.  Not once did this "Child Protection" individual concern herself with the children accompanying the persons she insidiously suggested might be capable of the most heinous crimes imaginable.

Without benefit of referral or inter-agency cooperation this loose cannon forced herself into a situation about which she knew nothing and no-one had the slightest idea of who she was.

Would she have dared to invade a police investigation in any country other than Portugal by latching herself behind an official vehicle and entering an area which should have been behind a police cordon if it wasn't already.

Martin did exactly what a competent professional is trained not to do resulting in freaking out an already distraught woman who nonetheless recognised and was alarmed by the inappropriate and voyeuristic approach of her self appointed interrogator.

Indeed I would go so far as to say her conduct is probably unprecedented by anyone who do not suffer from mental health problems.
She should never have been allowed near Kate McCann.
Her so called 'witness' statements to a situation she engendered without any proper background knowledge or investigation would be treated with the contempt deserved in any competent professional environment.

You have every right to give your opinion, but others have the right to disagree; especially as you have no evidence to support your conclusions. The fact remains that two people have testified that Kate McCann seemed to be referring to more than one person being involved in Madeleine's disappearance.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #493 on: June 25, 2020, 11:12:30 PM »
You have every right to give your opinion, but others have the right to disagree; especially as you have no evidence to support your conclusions. The fact remains that two people have testified that Kate McCann seemed to be referring to more than one person being involved in Madeleine's disappearance.

If she had used the pronoun he or she, would you have found that less indicative of whatever you believe the use of the pronoun they suggests?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #494 on: June 25, 2020, 11:18:08 PM »

I think her years of working in the profession she did made YM ideally placed to smell when something wasn’t right.