Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49736 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #495 on: June 25, 2020, 11:33:38 PM »
I find it hard to believe you people are STILL going out about these irrelevant trivialities after all these years.  It’s really quite depressing.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #496 on: June 25, 2020, 11:51:32 PM »
I find it hard to believe you people are STILL going out about these irrelevant trivialities after all these years.  It’s really quite depressing.

How do you know what is trivial? Attention to small detail can help build an understanding of a bigger picture.... but granted it can also cause an investigation to head down a blind alley. I certainly don't think she was a "busy body". I  believe she went to help. She's judged very harshly by a certain section here, imo.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #497 on: June 25, 2020, 11:56:48 PM »
How do you know what is trivial? Attention to small detail can help build an understanding of a bigger picture.... but granted it can also cause an investigation to head down a blind alley. I certainly don't think she was a "busy body". I  believe she went to help. She's judged very harshly by a certain section here, imo.
What purpose does endlessly going over her statement serve?  The juice (such as it is) has well and truly been sucked out of it by now, or do you think there is more yet to be extracted?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #498 on: June 26, 2020, 12:22:34 AM »
You have every right to give your opinion, but others have the right to disagree; especially as you have no evidence to support your conclusions. The fact remains that two people have testified that Kate McCann seemed to be referring to more than one person being involved in Madeleine's disappearance.

I think even the most prejudiced of Kangaroo courts of the internet might manage a blush that every single uncorroborated nasty, meaningless snippet is accepted as irrefutable evidence of something or other against Kate McCann. 

Yet the suggestion of the imminent release into the public arena of a creature which fits every profile and then some appears to be received with unmitigated glee.

I think it proves great malaise not only in Martin but in those who appear to hang on her every word despite knowing nothing about the woman whose behaviour in this one recorded instance is indefensible to anyone who has an awareness of the boundaries she overstepped.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #499 on: June 26, 2020, 12:25:12 AM »
             Quite
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #500 on: June 26, 2020, 12:30:17 AM »

How can you determined what motivated Martin.  You know nothing about her.  To your knowledge has she ever uttered another word in public about her behaviour in Luz.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #501 on: June 26, 2020, 01:05:44 AM »
How can you determined what motivated Martin.  You know nothing about her.  To your knowledge has she ever uttered another word in public about her behaviour in Luz.

And you have no idea what motivated YM either, have you ? Whether you like it or not she had been been in child protection for 25 years and attained the role of manager so her expertise must have been valued within her department. It is absolutely abhorrent for you to suggest that she may have had mental health issues.  She was merely using her expertise to help in whatever way she could to help a couple she believed were in distress. I very much believe that Kerry Needham would have been overjoyed to receive such help when Ben went missing. That the parents weren’t is the only odd thing about this whole episode.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #502 on: June 26, 2020, 01:12:47 AM »
Correct to offer help from her statement.

Having worked for 25 years in the area of child protection, she felt obliged to offer help to her compatriots and went to Praia da Luz.

However, the third individual overheard this conversation and interrupted Ms. Martin and took the McCann couple away from her.
This same individual came shortly afterwards to tell her that the couple did not want to talk to her any further and did not require her help - an action that appeared quite strange to her.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm

David Payne told her the McCanns didn't want her help!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #503 on: June 26, 2020, 01:22:42 AM »

Having worked for 25 years in the area of child protection, she felt obliged to offer help to her compatriots and went to Praia da Luz.

However, the third individual overheard this conversation and interrupted Ms. Martin and took the McCann couple away from her.
This same individual came shortly afterwards to tell her that the couple did not want to talk to her any further and did not require her help - an action that appeared quite strange to her.

Of course she was and the parents seemed fine with it until David Payne became involved. 
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Brietta

« Reply #504 on: June 26, 2020, 01:23:05 AM »

No sane person would have wanted 'help' from such a person in such circumstances.  She should never have been there in the first instance.

Do you think police allow access to any Tom, Dick or Harry who wanders in off the street to stick an oar into a crime scene and to harass the victims.  Only in Portugal it seems.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #505 on: June 26, 2020, 01:35:17 AM »
She asked me to sit down on a low wall, plonked herself next to me and told me she wanted me to go through everything that had happened the previous night.
She was quite pushy and her manner, her very presence, were making me feel uncomfortable and adding to my distress.

Whoever she was, and whatever her credentials were, it was an inappropriate intrusion.
And something about it, something about her, just didn’t feel right. I was glad I extricated myself.

This woman would pop up several times in the days and months to come and I still don’t really know who she is or what she was trying to achieve.

madeleine  Kate McCann

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #506 on: June 26, 2020, 01:36:25 AM »
No sane person would have wanted 'help' from such a person in such circumstances.  She should never have been there in the first instance.

Do you think police allow access to any Tom, Dick or Harry who wanders in off the street to stick an oar into a crime scene and to harass the victims.  Only in Portugal it seems.

It wasn’t a crime science. The crime scene was 5a, they were on the street. The media were surrounding them so it wasn’t exactly a sterile environment.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #507 on: June 26, 2020, 01:40:28 AM »
She asked me to sit down on a low wall, plonked herself next to me and told me she wanted me to go through everything that had happened the previous night.
She was quite pushy and her manner, her very presence, were making me feel uncomfortable and adding to my distress.

Whoever she was, and whatever her credentials were, it was an inappropriate intrusion.
And something about it, something about her, just didn’t feel right. I was glad I extricated myself.

This woman would pop up several times in the days and months to come and I still don’t really know who she is or what she was trying to achieve.

madeleine  Kate McCann

A crafty piece of retrofitting.

Where did the woman ‘pop up’ ? I’ve seen absolutely no mention of that in either the parent’s, YM’s or anyone else’s statements. Perhaps Kate’s trying to appear a little less ungrateful than the episode suggests ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #508 on: June 26, 2020, 09:31:21 AM »

I don't suppose a group of people who had left their children home alone for the previous five nights would be overjoyed to be confronted by someone who worked in child protection. Someone who knew very well that leaving children home alone was not normal practice for English tourists.

t is normal (culturally, traditionally, education/examples seen) [for] English tourists to leave, for some time, their small children alone in the bedroom/apartment to sleep while the parents are absent
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE-TANNER-10MAY.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #509 on: June 26, 2020, 09:54:33 AM »
I don't suppose a group of people who had left their children home alone for the previous five nights would be overjoyed to be confronted by someone who worked in child protection. Someone who knew very well that leaving children home alone was not normal practice for English tourists.

t is normal (culturally, traditionally, education/examples seen) [for] English tourists to leave, for some time, their small children alone in the bedroom/apartment to sleep while the parents are absent
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE-TANNER-10MAY.htm

When Yvonne Martin forced herself on Kate McCann she showed absolutely no concern for any of the children.  She knew nothing about the children and cared even less.
She acted inappropriately and she asked inappropriate questions ... but she asked absolutely nothing about the children who ... if she really had been doing her job ... if she really had been showing her concern ... would have been her prime concern.

The investigation properly belonged to the police ... not a child care worker with no locus who propelled herself from a distance - and as an unknown entity -  into a hellish situation and one in which she showed no interest in the actual welfare of the children.

You really couldn't make it up.