Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49736 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #510 on: June 26, 2020, 09:57:53 AM »
I don't suppose a group of people who had left their children home alone for the previous five nights would be overjoyed to be confronted by someone who worked in child protection. Someone who knew very well that leaving children home alone was not normal practice for English tourists.

t is normal (culturally, traditionally, education/examples seen) [for] English tourists to leave, for some time, their small children alone in the bedroom/apartment to sleep while the parents are absent
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE-TANNER-10MAY.htm

i think that is probably exactly why martin got the cold shoulder and there were no other sinister motives from the group.  Would she also be guilty of interfering in a  police investigation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #511 on: June 26, 2020, 10:10:11 AM »
i think that is probably exactly why martin got the cold shoulder and there were no other sinister motives from the group.  Would she also be guilty of interfering in a  police investigation

By the nature of the questions she asked I think she most definitely was guilty of interfering in a police investigation.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #512 on: June 26, 2020, 10:30:20 AM »
I've never made my mind up about her.

I tend to try to imagine likely context, as I find that key.

She may have simply wanted to jump in as she happened to be nearby. She may well have had to deal with cases of physical / sexual abuse, parental abductions and acted by reflex, albeit with perhaps a brusque, no-nonsense approach which was felt as inappropriate in the situation, and thus made others feel suspicious (she could have been from the tabloid media with a fake card... trying to get a scoop, for example).

DP's name may have rung a bell as there was, indeed, a known paedophile of the same name, who'd preyed on kids (Plymouth, Portsmouth?), but definitely not one of the T7. The predator one worked as a kids' entertainer at birthday parties and bore no resemblance.

I'd also found 2-3 others, but none who could have corresponded.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #513 on: June 26, 2020, 10:52:11 AM »
I've never made my mind up about her.

I tend to try to imagine likely context, as I find that key.

She may have simply wanted to jump in as she happened to be nearby. She may well have had to deal with cases of physical / sexual abuse, parental abductions and acted by reflex, albeit with perhaps a brusque, no-nonsense approach which was felt as inappropriate in the situation, and thus made others feel suspicious (she could have been from the tabloid media with a fake card... trying to get a scoop, for example).

DP's name may have rung a bell as there was, indeed, a known paedophile of the same name, who'd preyed on kids (Plymouth, Portsmouth?), but definitely not one of the T7. The predator one worked as a kids' entertainer at birthday parties and bore no resemblance.

I'd also found 2-3 others, but none who could have corresponded.

Since learning about her I have found her behaviour irrational and unprofessional and veering towards the disturbed.

The fact alone that she saw fit to write an anonymous letter of the type she did puts her in a box for me. 

If she had been any type of professional she could have allayed her fears if she had any, by going through recognised work channels or directly into the hands of the police.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #514 on: June 26, 2020, 11:10:59 AM »
Since learning about her I have found her behaviour irrational and unprofessional and veering towards the disturbed.

The fact alone that she saw fit to write an anonymous letter of the type she did puts her in a box for me. 

If she had been any type of professional she could have allayed her fears if she had any, by going through recognised work channels or directly into the hands of the police.

I tend to agree, but in an emergency situation, bearing in mind it was relatively early in the day to contact anyone in the UK, she may have simply thought she could help.

No idea, she's peripheral, but ended up indirectly causing a lot of grief due to leaks / dossier publication.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #515 on: June 26, 2020, 11:36:36 AM »
I tend to agree, but in an emergency situation, bearing in mind it was relatively early in the day to contact anyone in the UK, she may have simply thought she could help.

No idea, she's peripheral, but ended up indirectly causing a lot of grief due to leaks / dossier publication.

Absolutely peripheral and in context very much a non event.  She knew nothing ... she contributed nothing but upset.

Yet here we are discussing her today in what I think is an illustration of just how devoid of substance the suspicions against the McCanns et al actually are if she is used as an example of them.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #516 on: June 26, 2020, 12:02:49 PM »
Absolutely peripheral and in context very much a non event.  She knew nothing ... she contributed nothing but upset.

Yet here we are discussing her today in what I think is an illustration of just how devoid of substance the suspicions against the McCanns et al actually are if she is used as an example of them.

Her evidence is just as enlightening as anyone else's in my opinion. The only person she seems to have upset is Kate McCann. Mrs McCann has never denied the content of her conversation with Ms Martin, however.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #517 on: June 26, 2020, 12:23:34 PM »
Her evidence is just as enlightening as anyone else's in my opinion. The only person she seems to have upset is Kate McCann. Mrs McCann has never denied the content of her conversation with Ms Martin, however.

What a surprise.  Yvonne Martin upset Kate McCann by trying to separate her from her friends and by asking Kate impertinent questions.  Now why would Kate be upset by that?  Answers on a postage stamp.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #518 on: June 26, 2020, 12:30:10 PM »

I agree what she has to say for herself is certainly enlightening and succinctly so to the Judicial Police who summed up it's value as follows ...

To: The Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation Paolo Rebelo

Service Information

Subject: Expedient related to Yvonne Warren Martin

In the sequence of the contents of the service information in annex, which was prepared by Inspector José Monteira on 12-06-2007, the questioning of Yvonne Warren Martin was twice begun, according to the files that are also joined to this.

The statement relates in detail her intervention with the McCann couple after having heard about Madeleine's disappearance.

She adds that on one occasion, because it had occurred to her that the parents and the friends could eventually be involved in the child's disappearance, she wrote an anonymous letter to the British police.

The statements given to the PJ today by Yvonne Martin provide a concrete clarification of the reasons for her suspicions, which in my opinion, do not point to any concrete element that could, in any way, make other inquiries directly related to her statements, viable.

With nothing further to add.

Signed

Inspector Ferreira

Offline Carana

« Reply #519 on: June 26, 2020, 12:37:02 PM »
By the nature of the questions she asked I think she most definitely was guilty of interfering in a police investigation.

Not sure about that. I think she saw herself as some kind of "first-responder", even though I haven't found anything to suggest that she was entitled to be one in PT. She also submitted her account (albeit initially anonymously, IIIRC) to the police.

Whatever her initial intentions, she eventually backtracked anyway.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:57:07 PM by Carana »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #520 on: June 26, 2020, 12:45:28 PM »
I agree what she has to say for herself is certainly enlightening and succinctly so to the Judicial Police who summed up it's value as follows ...

To: The Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation Paolo Rebelo

Service Information

Subject: Expedient related to Yvonne Warren Martin

In the sequence of the contents of the service information in annex, which was prepared by Inspector José Monteira on 12-06-2007, the questioning of Yvonne Warren Martin was twice begun, according to the files that are also joined to this.

The statement relates in detail her intervention with the McCann couple after having heard about Madeleine's disappearance.

She adds that on one occasion, because it had occurred to her that the parents and the friends could eventually be involved in the child's disappearance, she wrote an anonymous letter to the British police.

The statements given to the PJ today by Yvonne Martin provide a concrete clarification of the reasons for her suspicions, which in my opinion, do not point to any concrete element that could, in any way, make other inquiries directly related to her statements, viable.

With nothing further to add.

Signed

Inspector Ferreira

Gosh, I had forgotten about that one.  So much to forget.

Yvonne Martin went there that early because she knew it's nearly always the parents wot dun it and wanted to claim the fame and glory for catching them out.

Offline Carana

« Reply #521 on: June 26, 2020, 12:54:37 PM »
Gosh, I had forgotten about that one.  So much to forget.

Yvonne Martin went there that early because she knew it's nearly always the parents wot dun it and wanted to claim the fame and glory for catching them out.

Hard to tell. However, her testimony could have gone uncontested in a PT trial just as it did in the Cipriano case under the rule of common knowledge (which was only ever meant to avoid unnecessary paperwork in that you didn't need to submit proof that night follows day).

The notion that it's often the "parents-what-dunnit" idea doesn't seem that different to me to children normally get back home safely, and therefore Joana did as well.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #522 on: June 26, 2020, 01:35:20 PM »
Hard to tell. However, her testimony could have gone uncontested in a PT trial just as it did in the Cipriano case under the rule of common knowledge (which was only ever meant to avoid unnecessary paperwork in that you didn't need to submit proof that night follows day).

The notion that it's often the "parents-what-dunnit" idea doesn't seem that different to me to children normally get back home safely, and therefore Joana did as well.

... and having worked once, why wouldn't it again?

Offline Carana

« Reply #523 on: June 26, 2020, 01:46:01 PM »
... and having worked once, why wouldn't it again?

It might have done if the case had gone to court and she hadn't backtracked.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #524 on: June 26, 2020, 04:23:09 PM »
What a surprise.  Yvonne Martin upset Kate McCann by trying to separate her from her friends and by asking Kate impertinent questions.  Now why would Kate be upset by that?  Answers on a postage stamp.
You're totally not getting the reason she tried to speak to Kate alone and turning it into something with a dark motive when it wasn't.