Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49739 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #525 on: June 26, 2020, 04:28:38 PM »
You're totally not getting the reason she tried to speak to Kate alone and turning it into something with a dark motive when it wasn't.

Exactly. The burning question is why did this totally innocent loving mother resent the presence of an expert in child protection offering help?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #526 on: June 26, 2020, 04:37:58 PM »
Exactly. The burning question is why did this totally innocent loving mother resent the presence of an expert in child protection offering help?

Anonymous Letter.  Very Expert and Professional.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #527 on: June 26, 2020, 04:45:47 PM »
Anonymous Letter.  Very Expert and Professional.

Sent, apparently, to avoid being hassled by the press. I wonder why she thought press harrassment might follow contact with the British police? She didn't hesitate to contact the PJ.
Result = happy posting.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #528 on: June 26, 2020, 04:51:36 PM »
Sent, apparently, to avoid being hassled by the press. I wonder why she thought press harrassment might follow contact with the British police? She didn't hesitate to contact the PJ.

Only after she got found out.  Nasty people send anonymous letters and are not to be trusted.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #529 on: June 26, 2020, 05:22:04 PM »
You're totally not getting the reason she tried to speak to Kate alone and turning it into something with a dark motive when it wasn't.

She had no business to intrude ...in what way did she think her intrusion might help

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #530 on: June 26, 2020, 05:41:23 PM »
Only after she got found out.  Nasty people send anonymous letters and are not to be trusted.

What do you mean, found out?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #531 on: June 26, 2020, 05:43:19 PM »
What do you mean, found out?

if you send an anonymous letter you aim o hide your identity...she got found out

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #532 on: June 26, 2020, 06:06:03 PM »

Perhaps because she was surrounded by loving family and friends and didn’t feel she needed an outsider intruding.

Rightly or wrongly, the McCann’s and all their friends thought their children were safe whilst doing half hourly checks from across the way.  It was naive of them, but they didn’t purposely set out to harm them.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:04:32 PM by G-Unit »
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #533 on: June 26, 2020, 06:24:43 PM »
What actual practical help was she volunteering out of interest?  Which children was she offering to protect?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Anthro

« Reply #534 on: June 26, 2020, 06:26:02 PM »
In my experience: being held up by five males with balaclavas, and with two very small children at the time and my elderly Mother, I was in no state to deal with the counseling person who arrived shortly after the police. She insisted that we sit down and have a conversation about the events. I just could not. Fortunately she understood.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #535 on: June 26, 2020, 08:00:37 PM »
if you send an anonymous letter you aim o hide your identity...she got found out

Did she? I thought she owned up.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #536 on: June 26, 2020, 08:10:22 PM »
Did she? I thought she owned up.

Did she...bit pointless sending it anonymous...any cite

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #537 on: June 26, 2020, 11:53:24 PM »
Did she...bit pointless sending it anonymous...any cite
She admits the letter was from herself IIRC.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #538 on: June 26, 2020, 11:58:50 PM »
She admits the letter was from herself IIRC.

was that because she was found out...admits implies she was asked the question

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #539 on: June 27, 2020, 12:57:06 AM »
Not sure about that. I think she saw herself as some kind of "first-responder", even though I haven't found anything to suggest that she was entitled to be one in PT. She also submitted her account (albeit initially anonymously, IIIRC) to the police.

Whatever her initial intentions, she eventually backtracked anyway.

I think YM just wanted to help...it really is as simple as that. The parents were strangers in, to them, a strange land and I’m sure she felt that she just wanted be of service, to make things easier for them. That she’s been maligned in such a horrendous way is unfair. Was she clumsy in her approach ? It could be argued yes but in her area of expertise getting as much information as possible in as short a time as possible could be crucial to a child’s chances of survival. Should she have left it to the police ? Well we know that there was language difficulties. Was she right to voice her concerns about DP ? As a child protection professional she was duty bound to. Imagine it was not DP but someone from outside of the group who she had recognised and it had been instrumental in solving the case. Should she have kept quiet then ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?