Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49547 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #540 on: June 27, 2020, 01:59:52 AM »
was that because she was found out...admits implies she was asked the question
I think so.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Carana

« Reply #541 on: June 27, 2020, 08:40:07 AM »
In my experience: being held up by five males with balaclavas, and with two very small children at the time and my elderly Mother, I was in no state to deal with the counseling person who arrived shortly after the police. She insisted that we sit down and have a conversation about the events. I just could not. Fortunately she understood.

Geez that must have been terrifying!

Yvonne wasn't a counsellor, AFAIK, but a social care worker. She wanted to know if the biological father was someone other than Gerry (presumably in the event of a parental abduction). I suppose that could explain trying to get Kate on her own in case it was a "delicate" issue. Kate appears to have still been in a bad state and couldn't cope with this unknown person. IMO, DP tried to shoo her away... which she probably didn't appreciate, and then his name rang a (false) bell.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #542 on: June 27, 2020, 08:49:56 AM »
Geez that must have been terrifying!

Yvonne wasn't a counsellor, AFAIK, but a social care worker. She wanted to know if the biological father was someone other than Gerry (presumably in the event of a parental abduction). I suppose that could explain trying to get Kate on her own in case it was a "delicate" issue. Kate appears to have still been in a bad state and couldn't cope with this unknown person. IMO, DP tried to shoo her away... which she probably didn't appreciate, and then his name rang a (false) bell.

She has no right and no business to interfere. The PJ didnt and still dont seem to want the help of the UK police...but  a social workers ok

Offline Brietta

« Reply #543 on: June 27, 2020, 10:14:09 AM »
She has no right and no business to interfere. The PJ didnt and still dont seem to want the help of the UK police...but  a social workers ok

She was inept.

Had her intentions been bona fide her concerns would have been for all the children directly concerned.  According to her own account she did not ask a single question regarding the children's welfare.

She didn't have to 'home in' to an obviously distraught couple to do that and she would have been useless in liaising between English speakers and Portuguese for the simple reason that although apparently being domicile for a large part of the year in Portugal, in seven years she had never bothered to learn the language.

She was a part time worker who contacted no-one who might have sanctioned her presence there: not domiciliary support services; not English support services; police HQ; consular services etc;
She had plenty of time to do so - by her own admission she had not set off immediately to Luz as she had "some thing to do at home" first. 

Incredibly she questioned the resort manager about a 'break-in' who told her about the the unlocked door and the open window.

She hung about like a voyeur waiting for the British Consul to arrive to 'offer help'.  Unknown to anybody and an encounter on the street!
Words fail me about the actions of this woman who never mentions having a single thought regarding the welfare of the children or even asking anything about Madeleine.  Which is actually fine because it was none of her business anyway.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #544 on: June 27, 2020, 10:25:54 AM »
I think we've established that some:

- Don't like Yvonne Martin
 - Think she's was a rubbish whatever it is she was.
 - Insist she had no business doing whatever it is she was doing.

Roger all of that.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:28:36 AM by Brietta »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline jassi

« Reply #545 on: June 27, 2020, 10:49:25 AM »

Roger all of that.

Only one on a long list of people to rubbish - on a rotational basis  ?{)(**
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:29:14 AM by Brietta »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline The General

« Reply #546 on: June 27, 2020, 10:54:28 AM »
Only one on a long list of people to rubbish - on a rotational basis  ?{)(**
Danie Krugel (whack job with a time machine) gets more favourable treatment than Yvonne Martin (eager social worker).

Online Eleanor

« Reply #547 on: June 27, 2020, 10:56:12 AM »

The PJ weren't frightfully impressed by her statements.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #548 on: June 27, 2020, 10:56:39 AM »
She was inept.

Had her intentions been bona fide her concerns would have been for all the children directly concerned.  According to her own account she did not ask a single question regarding the children's welfare.

She didn't have to 'home in' to an obviously distraught couple to do that and she would have been useless in liaising between English speakers and Portuguese for the simple reason that although apparently being domicile for a large part of the year in Portugal, in seven years she had never bothered to learn the language.

She was a part time worker who contacted no-one who might have sanctioned her presence there: not domiciliary support services; not English support services; police HQ; consular services etc;
She had plenty of time to do so - by her own admission she had not set off immediately to Luz as she had "some thing to do at home" first. 

Incredibly she questioned the resort manager about a 'break-in' who told her about the the unlocked door and the open window.

She hung about like a voyeur waiting for the British Consul to arrive to 'offer help'.  Unknown to anybody and an encounter on the street!
Words fail me about the actions of this woman who never mentions having a single thought regarding the welfare of the children or even asking anything about Madeleine.  Which is actually fine because it was none of her business anyway.

Afaiaa... Among doctors... Some social workers... Even social workers in general... Are not highly thought of

Offline The General

« Reply #549 on: June 27, 2020, 11:01:20 AM »
The PJ weren't frightfully impressed by her statements.
So the PJ's judgement is sound now?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #550 on: June 27, 2020, 11:06:17 AM »
So the PJ's judgement is sound now?

Goodness me.  You don't think The PJ got it wrong, do you.  Oh Dear, not again.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #551 on: June 27, 2020, 11:06:39 AM »
Afaiaa... Among doctors... Some social workers... Even social workers in general... Are not highly thought of

Especially those doctors who think leaving small children home alone is acceptable, I would imagine.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline The General

« Reply #552 on: June 27, 2020, 11:08:35 AM »
Especially those doctors who think leaving small children home alone is acceptable, I would imagine.
Oooohh, that one's gonna sting!

Offline The General

« Reply #553 on: June 27, 2020, 11:21:37 AM »
Goodness me.  You don't think The PJ got it wrong, do you.  Oh Dear, not again.
Bearing in mind it was your assertion, not mine, you appear to be stating that the PJ were right to be sceptical about Yvonne Martin, but were incompetent when coming to the same conclusion about the Kate and Gerry. That would be quite a contradiction.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #554 on: June 27, 2020, 11:26:27 AM »

Roger all of that.

That would appear to be their view on anyone involved that questions, or casts the slightest doubt upon, the incredibly rare stranger abduction theory that the parents were so keen to publicise in the media from the off, imo.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:31:02 AM by Brietta »