Author Topic: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?  (Read 49736 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover?
« Reply #570 on: June 27, 2020, 12:55:02 PM »
In other words ... appropriate protocols would have been observed in England and someone who could have been an unhinged lunatic for all anyone knew, would not have been given the opportunity to get close to bereaved parents.

When in Rome....things will not be the same as when you are in Britain. An obvious truth that the British seem unable to grasp.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #571 on: June 27, 2020, 12:57:32 PM »
Could be. But unhinged lunatics are not confined to Portugal. Every major crime in Britain attracts all manner of whack jobs.

*thanks for fixing my previous post, by the way.

That is the point I was making: rarely, if ever are they allowed to come into close personal contact with anyone who is central to the police investigation.  Certainly not to interrogate them before the police have had the opportunity to do so.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Anthro

« Reply #572 on: June 27, 2020, 01:00:34 PM »
Desperate times need desperate measures - Yvonne Martin saw that and thought she could bring her expertise to bear on such a rare event.
Perhaps, but the McCann’s were probably in no mental/emotional state to deal with an outsider at that point.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #573 on: June 27, 2020, 01:02:09 PM »
That is the point I was making: rarely, if ever are they allowed to come into close personal contact with anyone who is central to the police investigation.  Certainly not to interrogate them before the police have had the opportunity to do so.

Do you think people are guarded or isolated in some way?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #574 on: June 27, 2020, 01:07:26 PM »
When in Rome....things will not be the same as when you are in Britain. An obvious truth that the British seem unable to grasp.
Most people are aware of European protocols and are probably astounded that they do not seem to apply in Portugal.

No-one checked Martin's alleged credentials prior to allowing access to vulnerable people. If you think that is OK in Portugal that's fine by me.
But don't the Portuguese have this thing about 'interfering in a police inquiry' ... by the questions she asked the victims of the crime and her subsequent questioning of others ... I think she was sailing pretty close to the wind on that one.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #575 on: June 27, 2020, 01:11:34 PM »
Most people are aware of European protocols and are probably astounded that they do not seem to apply in Portugal.

No-one checked Martin's alleged credentials prior to allowing access to vulnerable people. If you think that is OK in Portugal that's fine by me.
But don't the Portuguese have this thing about 'interfering in a police inquiry' ... by the questions she asked the victims of the crime and her subsequent questioning of others ... I think she was sailing pretty close to the wind on that one.
Have you ever been to Lithuania or Bosnia? Portugal is a veritable judicial utopia in comparison.
It's all relative.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #576 on: June 27, 2020, 01:15:34 PM »
Do you think people are guarded or isolated in some way?

Have you ever heard of bereaved parents being accosted by unknown strangers outside their homes while waiting for transportation to take them to make a police statement?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #577 on: June 27, 2020, 01:22:49 PM »
Have you ever been to Lithuania or Bosnia? Portugal is a veritable judicial utopia in comparison.
It's all relative.

Madeleine disappeared in Portugal.  Her parents were accosted by an unknown Englishwoman in Portugal. So probably worthwhile sticking to that for the time being for the purposes of this thread.

Offline jassi

« Reply #578 on: June 27, 2020, 01:35:47 PM »
Have you ever heard of bereaved parents being accosted by unknown strangers outside their homes while waiting for transportation to take them to make a police statement?

Really? So early in the proceedings ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline The General

« Reply #579 on: June 27, 2020, 01:45:14 PM »
Madeleine disappeared in Portugal.  Her parents were accosted by an unknown Englishwoman in Portugal. So probably worthwhile sticking to that for the time being for the purposes of this thread.
You referred to 'European Protocols'. Not all 'protocols' are equal.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #580 on: June 27, 2020, 02:26:26 PM »

What protocols are they exactly? Do you think they include "The police forces of all European countries should guard those waiting to be interviewed by the police in case anyone tries to speak to them."

A few people spoke to the McCanns that morning; Steve Carpenter, the lady from block 6 and Robert Murat, for example. Should they all have been shooed away?
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #581 on: June 27, 2020, 02:29:34 PM »

I think they would have been quite safe had they waited inside their apartment. I'm sure the PJ would have found them.
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #582 on: June 27, 2020, 02:34:19 PM »
Nothing like the smell of publicity first thing in the morning.  8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #583 on: June 27, 2020, 02:37:05 PM »
I think it was absolutely wrong of her to start questioning Kate outside and when Kate was in a traumatised condition.   Not even suggesting they went inside but questioning her where anyone could have been eavesdropping.
Didn't she say in her statement that she didn't think Madeleine could have been abducted?  I'll have to read her statement again.  How would she know that she was a Social Worker not a Detective.   Then sending an anonymous letter to the Police,  no doubt because she was angry they sent her away.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #584 on: June 27, 2020, 02:42:39 PM »
I think it was absolutely wrong of her to start questioning Kate outside and when Kate was in a traumatised condition.   Not even suggesting they went inside but questioning her where anyone could have been eavesdropping.
Didn't she say in her statement that she didn't think Madeleine could have been abducted?  I'll have to read her statement again.  How would she know that she was a Social Worker not a Detective.   Then sending an anonymous letter to the Police,  no doubt because she was angry they sent her away.

She wanted to talk to Kate on her own where no-one could be eavesdropping.

From memory she based her belief that a stranger abduction was unlikely based on 25 years experience of child social work, including missing children scenarios. Apologies if I've remembered that wrong.