Author Topic: Joana Cipriano case - Very detailed Supreme Court Report.  (Read 88658 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Joana Cipriano case - Very detailed Supreme Court Report.
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2014, 11:39:04 AM »
Is this meant to be an example of "shockjock humour"? I find it disrespectful towards two missing children and their families. I'll be interested to see how many of the so-called sceptics on here high-five that with approving smilies.

Probably none but thats not the point.

The point is Joana is dead, her family are total scuzz buckets & the case is used by the McCanns as a defence.

No one here gives a shit about Joana, they are merely interested in protecting the abduction fantasy.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2014, 11:47:17 AM »

The point is Joana is dead, her family are total scuzz buckets & the case is used by the McCanns as a defence.

No one here gives a shit about Joana, they are merely interested in protecting the abduction fantasy.

And you, sadly, have no knowledge of people who genuinely care.  In your world everyone is a scuzz bucket, apart from you, presumably.  Or do you include yourself in this horrible world that you inhabit?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2014, 11:58:15 AM »
And you, sadly, have no knowledge of people who genuinely care.  In your world everyone is a scuzz bucket, apart from you, presumably.  Or do you include yourself in this horrible world that you inhabit?

No, in my world not everyone is a scuzz bucket, and I'm no saint, obviously.

The Cipriano family (mother, stepfather, uncle) however are, not just in my world, since an 8 year old relative of theirs was probably neglected & beaten at the least, possibly sexually abused at worst, before being murdered & butchered.

I can't find too much to like about that I'm afraid.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2014, 12:07:03 PM »

The Cipriano family (mother, stepfather, uncle) however are, not just in my world, since an 8 year old relative of theirs was probably neglected & beaten at the least, possibly sexually abused at worst, before being murdered & butchered.

I was actually talking about people like me.  My motivation isn't entirely McCann or Cipriano motivated. 

I will forever rather be wrong about both Cases than have a mind like yours.

Offline Carana

« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2014, 12:14:30 PM »

I'd agree with you if I'd found anything to convince me that the alleged scenario actually happened. So far, I haven't.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2014, 12:23:46 PM »
I'd agree with you if I'd found anything to convince me that the alleged scenario actually happened. So far, I haven't.

Funny, I might be convinced she were abducted if I found anything to suggest she was.

Convince me.

Offline Carana

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2014, 12:35:39 PM »

I disagree.

I'm not that naive, I'm perfectly aware that some families beat their kids, ending in death, and dispose of the bodies, with a false claim of abduction.

Each case has to be taken on its own. In this one, I simply haven't found anything concrete to suggest that this was the case.

There is simply no evidence that Joana died... although she might have done. If so, how and at whose hands has never been elucidated aside from what I believe to be a case that should have been thrown out pending any concrete, probative, evidence.

Offline Carana

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »
Funny, I might be convinced she were abducted if I found anything to suggest she was.

Convince me.

How many cases of abduction have irrefutable proof?

Offline Carana

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2014, 01:25:48 PM »

Try something... no need to answer.

Spend a few minutes thinking of someone who means a lot to you.

What if that person was missing and no one was looking for them?

Or if you felt that that person was being falsely accused of a crime against someone else?

How would that make you feel? What would your reaction be?

Offline Carana

« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2015, 08:27:09 PM »
Hmm. According to the forensic results, there was a speck of unidentified and undated blood to the left of the sofa.

No kidding.

Unless the room had been moved around, the left side of the sofa is just beside the kitchen counter.

Was this human or animal blood? Or didn't it matter?

Offline Carana

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2015, 10:09:45 AM »
This is interesting from Machado / Costa

Dilemas da super-ciência: representações da genética forense na imprensa em Portugal

http://www.aps.pt/vicongresso/pdfs/700.pdf

It's about the CSI effect and how it's exploited in the tabloid media. There are some choice passages about the Joana case.

ETA: I thought I'd found it in English, but it wasn't the same one.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:22:59 AM by Carana »

Offline Anna

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2015, 11:37:58 AM »
This is interesting from Machado / Costa

Dilemas da super-ciência: representações da genética forense na imprensa em Portugal

http://www.aps.pt/vicongresso/pdfs/700.pdf

It's about the CSI effect and how it's exploited in the tabloid media. There are some choice passages about the Joana case.

ETA: I thought I'd found it in English, but it wasn't the same one.

Actually the Google is quite good

In both cases analyzed, the most common was observed at different times of the two variants
called "CSI effect", implied in media discourses. The rhetoric of "strong charge", which celebrates
contribution and the importance of forensic genetics to solve crimes, and may take forms
reverential (Costa et al, 2002: 205) is also monitored, in case "Maddie" implicit references for
the need for expansion of this kind of technology
ix
By setting up new application possibilities of
Genetic criminal investigation, by creating a database of DNA profiles (as in the United
Kingdom occurred in 1995 and Portugal in 2008 alone). The discourse of "weak charge", conversely,
exposes their uncertainties and contingencies.
However, both cases came, in a way, exposed to the public some of the dilemmas and contingencies
forensic genetics, to the extent that rapid and efficient solution promises cases style "CSI"
They fall short in the confrontation with reality. The media representations of forensic genetics in these
cases are framed in the form of dramatic narratives that could become episodes of "CSI."
Thus, science is seen as the (only) solution promise of crimes, as it grows the
dramatic tension, as a result of media speculation and lack of conventional explanations for the
occurred facts.
The outcome of the case "Joan" with the conviction of the suspects, and the anticipated filing of the case
"Maddie," does not cease to remember that children have not been found and his fate remains very
probably unknown. Given the promises and uncertainties surrounding the forensic uses of biology
molecular, support or denial of citizens about the expansion of genetic databases for
forensic uses is likely to be anchored in media representations of forensics in real cases, and
not only in their fictional idealizations. The analysis of cases "Joan" and "Maddie" comes up
following questions: Would such cases, the media coverage and social alarm they raise, are likely to
justify expanding the expansion in Portugal, more and more intrusive forms of surveillance, which
pass particular the extension of video surveillance and expansion of inclusion criteria and
Retention DNA profiles in databases for forensic intentions (Machado et al., 2008), sustained
in belief in the unlimited potential of science and technology? Or do these cases come for short
in the public eye the contingent and limited nature of forensic science, making them more citizens
skeptical before the security on offer privacy change?

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aps.pt%2Fvicongresso%2Fpdfs%2F700.pdf&edit-text=
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2016, 11:42:01 AM »
Mostly relates to the detection of human blood, semen and chemicals used for cleaning in the family home.

I'm sure you would find all those in every house

Offline mercury

« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2016, 08:04:11 PM »
I'm sure you would find all those in every house

Im sure you will not find human blood in the fridge of every house or semen in chldrens clothes either!!!!!

Theres a river in egypt callled...... 6 words begnning with a d

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2016, 10:11:38 PM »
Im sure you will not find human blood in the fridge of every house or semen in chldrens clothes either!!!!!

Theres a river in egypt callled...... 6 words begnning with a d

the blood did not match joanna...children who sleep in adults beds may well pick up semen ...how much semen was found