Author Topic: White House Farm - ITV Drama Series - Part 1  (Read 11016 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: White House Farm - ITV Drama Series - Part 1
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2020, 04:00:43 PM »
I was mortified to see a pottery 'Belfast' sink instead of a stainless steel one, and a closed sash-window in the master bedroom. 8(8-))

I accept that at the end of the day ITV has a budget and must limit the episodes to suit TV viewing.  They had to make do with an alternative farmhouse setting and although the two properties looked slightly similar from the front, not much else was the same which in itself must have created enormous production difficulties. I suppose I was looking for a proper reconstruction but will have to settle for something which is similar but different.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:03:37 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline James55

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2020, 05:23:37 PM »
People moaning cos it isnt100% factual with every little detail lol.
It is not a documentary. It is a TV drama BASED on real events. In my opinion it is great TV.

Offline Myster

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2020, 05:49:23 PM »
It is not a documentary. It is a TV drama BASED on real events. In my opinion it is great TV.
For sure, but that won't stop Bamberettes kicking up a fuss over every little thing that's wrong... such as Ann Eaton sharing an evening meal with the Bambers and Caffells when she was nowhere near the farm at the time... neither was Colin for that matter. 

But my nomination for a BAFTA Award goes to little Nate and Jude Barrowcliffe whose performance outshone seasoned actors such as pint-sized Stephen Graham with his distinctly dodgy Welsh accent.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline sika

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2020, 11:10:48 PM »
Whilst I am very much interested in the Bamber case, I have absolutely no interest in watching this. 
Instead, why not make a decent documentary, dealing with facts? 

As my old mate said, "this species will amuse itself to death".

Offline John

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2020, 12:32:19 AM »
Whilst I am very much interested in the Bamber case, I have absolutely no interest in watching this. 

I have to agree Sika, if a job's worth doing and all that...
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2020, 02:53:52 AM »

Completely agree, it wouldn't be possible to include every detail or it would be as long as the actual event.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2020, 02:56:03 AM »
For sure, but that won't stop Bamberettes kicking up a fuss over every little thing that's wrong... such as Ann Eaton sharing an evening meal with the Bambers and Caffells when she was nowhere near the farm at the time... neither was Colin for that matter. 

But my nomination for a BAFTA Award goes to little Nate and Jude Barrowcliffe whose performance outshone seasoned actors such as pint-sized Stephen Graham with his distinctly dodgy Welsh accent.

Shhhhhh! No one noticed Ann being there - Colin was though, he stayed for a while before driving back to London. That wasn't meant to be the night of the murders, it was the eveing after Colin took Sheila and the boys to WHF.

I have just seen a new trailer and I think there will be lots of flash backs.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 03:21:45 AM by Caroline »

Offline John

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 09:03:02 PM »
It certainly makes for riveted viewing but at the expense of reality and it's going to give an awful lot of people a false impression of what actually occurred, who did what, when, where and why. I also fear authenticity has been sacrificed for sensationalism.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 09:19:49 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2020, 09:52:51 PM »
It certainly makes for riveted viewing but at the expense of reality and it's going to give an awful lot of people a false impression of what actually occurred, who did what, when, where and why. I also fear authenticity has been sacrificed for sensationalism.

We've only seen one episode and I don't think it was sensationalist - if anything, certain things were played down.

Offline John

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2020, 10:23:11 PM »
We've only seen one episode and I don't think it was sensationalist - if anything, certain things were played down.

Do you think Sheila was correctly portrayed?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2020, 08:49:32 AM »

Hi Sika.  I agree.  I haven't watched the first part yet. I would like to see a programme similar to the one on a few months ago re Michael Stone where a team of experts undertook a review.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2020, 11:24:15 AM »

Having never met her, I have no idea BUT perhaps the bathroom scene (as it was poetic licence) was a bit over the top. However, as a drama, they have to build a certain amount of tension and give the viewer the same kind of quandary that the police were in in the beginning.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2020, 01:12:18 PM »

Sheila is exactly how I saw her as having been. From how he says it, it sounds as if Cressida bought her back for Colin, too.

Offline Myster

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2020, 01:32:30 PM »

Sheila is exactly how I saw her as having been. From how he says it, it sounds as if Cressida bought her back for Colin, too.
He knew her better than anyone, police included... https://youtu.be/pUn9hIdNDVI?t=109

Offline Myster

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2020, 01:43:04 PM »
Hi Sika.  I agree.  I haven't watched the first part yet. I would like to see a programme similar to the one on a few months ago re Michael Stone where a team of experts undertook a review.
A group of forensic "experts" undertook a review/analysis of JonBenet Ramsey's murder, concluded that her older brother was responsible and ended up getting sued by him and losing.

There's already been a factual documentary about WHF, we don't need any more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k96gmbXLoMw