Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239529 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #255 on: April 04, 2019, 09:31:05 PM »
Just as well do what?
might as well ignore the investigations.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #256 on: April 04, 2019, 09:32:44 PM »
It's a fact the statements may not be accurate

In my honest opinion that recurring mantra is purely an attempt to cast doubt on inexplicable anomalies. I rhink there's plenty to be found using other sources.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #257 on: April 04, 2019, 09:36:04 PM »
might as well ignore the investigations.

Very true, exactly what sceptics are doing.!!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #258 on: April 04, 2019, 09:36:23 PM »
I did give you an answer, you might not have liked it but we can't get everything we want. Read my posts, the main point is in there. The name is Cheeky Monkey, not John Parrot.
You didn’t say what was “completely different” about David Payne’s statements, do you now refuse to say?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #259 on: April 04, 2019, 09:39:41 PM »
In my honest opinion that recurring mantra is purely an attempt to cast doubt on inexplicable anomalies. I rhink there's plenty to be found using other sources.

Do you believe that both investigating police forces have ignored these " inexplicable anomalies" ?

Offline jassi

« Reply #260 on: April 04, 2019, 09:40:20 PM »
Very true, exactly what sceptics are doing.!!

When OG or PJ come forth with anything new and constructive will be the time to pay attention - if they ever do.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #261 on: April 04, 2019, 09:46:21 PM »
When OG or PJ come forth with anything new and constructive will be the time to pay attention - if they ever do.

I agree.
But as yet in spite of years of investigation, and in spite of all the " evidence" which sceptics have such faith in,  as to date none of this "evidence" has resulted in any indication that Madeleine's parents are involved in her disappearance.
It's back to my original question, what does keep sceptics so grounded in their beliefs?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #262 on: April 04, 2019, 09:46:48 PM »
I have no doubt they do.
I'm just interested in why sceptics cling to their beliefs in spite of a lengthy police investigation by two police forces who will surely have noted all the obvious ( to sceptics) alarming doubts.

Why not? I don't know what happened and neither do these investigators you are pinning your hopes on.
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #263 on: April 04, 2019, 09:49:52 PM »
I agree.
But as yet in spite of years of investigation, and in spite of all the " evidence" which sceptics have such faith in,  as to date none of this "evidence" has resulted in any indication that Madeleine's parents are involved in her disappearance.
It's back to my original question, what does keep sceptics so grounded in their beliefs?

A conviction that they are correct.
I imagine that supporters are equally convinced it their opinion.
So it will remain, probably until the end of time  @)(++(*

Or maybe not -

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #264 on: April 04, 2019, 09:51:18 PM »
How can I refuse to do something I have already done? Reply #277 Pay attention laddie.
Please don’t call me laddie.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2019, 09:55:53 PM »
A conviction that they are correct.
I imagine that supporters are equally convinced it their opinion.
So it will remain, probably until the end of time  @)(++(*

It's not about opinion.
It's about why sceptics continue to cling to their beliefs in spite of two current police Investigations which have as yet not found any of the sceptic "evidence" convincing and why sceptics steadfastly cling to their beliefs??

Offline Erngath

« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2019, 10:05:36 PM »
Why not? I don't know what happened and neither do these investigators you are pinning your hopes on.

Exactly you have no idea of what happened but perhaps the two investigating police forces have a little more information than you do !

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #267 on: April 04, 2019, 10:13:35 PM »
I’d like to know what motivates the sceptics to keep endlessly poring over the files and repeating their suspicions o line day in, day out for 12 years.  Is it devotion to Madeleine?  Deep antipathy towards the parents?  Or simply a fervent belief that what they are doing is going to help solve the case?  Who do they hope to influence?  What difference are they making?  Have any of their suspicions proven to be correct after all this time?  How many more years are they in this for?  Until death or dementia stops them?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2019, 10:16:02 PM »
Do you believe that both investigating police forces have ignored these " inexplicable anomalies" ?

I haven't a clue. In my opinion neither have those who think they know what's going on.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2019, 10:18:06 PM »
I haven't a clue. In my opinion neither have those who think they know what's going on.

Is that a reference to both the current police Investigations?