Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber passed a lie detector test in prison - discuss  (Read 13272 times)

Offline Nicholas

Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Alice

Re: Jeremy Bamber passed a lie detector test in prison - discuss
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 12:15:01 PM »
Lie detectors are utter quackery I agree. I wonder what the results of a 'truth drug' or hypnotic regression would be?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 01:01:34 PM »
Lie detectors are utter quackery I agree. I wonder what the results of a 'truth drug' or hypnotic regression would be?

You have to have something to fear for them to have an effect. Having already been convicted, Bamber had nothing to lose - no stressor.

Not sure that truth serums would be any use either.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/5902559/what-truths-does-truth-serum-actually-reveal

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2018, 01:40:00 PM »
You have to have something to fear for them to have an effect. Having already been convicted, Bamber had nothing to lose - no stressor.

Not sure that truth serums would be any use either.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/5902559/what-truths-does-truth-serum-actually-reveal

Lie detector or no lie detector, truth serum or no truth serum, Jeremy Bamber is guilty and his supporters only highlight this fact further! Especially those supporters who are quite clearly personality disorder themselves; Mike T.... to name one.  *&^^& (by his own admittance I might add)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:32:09 PM by John »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline adam

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2018, 07:14:55 AM »
Lie detector or no lie detector, truth serum or no truth serum, Jeremy Bamber is guilty and his supporters only highlight this fact further! Especially those supporters who are quite clearly personality disorder themselves; Mike T.... to name one.  *&^^& (by his own admittance I might add)

Mike's been posting to himself for years. The one poster who did debate with him was Scipio, who he banned.

The only other supporter who posts regulary is Lookout. She is a harmless, batty, old dear who only Caroline & Jane J engage with.

David monitors the Blue forum 24/7, ready to focus on any guilters who post sourced evidence.

Where did Nigel go ? The last I saw he had a minor tiff with Caroline. Surely he's not done a TomG & Luminous Wanderer & cried off. He did say he 'would put his life' on Jeremy being innocent. Thought he would be more determined.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 07:22:49 AM by adam »

Offline John

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2018, 09:49:20 AM »
Mike's been posting to himself for years. The one poster who did debate with him was Scipio, who he banned.

The only other supporter who posts regulary is Lookout. She is a harmless, batty, old dear who only Caroline & Jane J engage with.

David monitors the Blue forum 24/7, ready to focus on any guilters who post sourced evidence.

Where did Nigel go ? The last I saw he had a minor tiff with Caroline. Surely he's not done a TomG & Luminous Wanderer & cried off. He did say he 'would put his life' on Jeremy being innocent. Thought he would be more determined.

The online campaign to win Jeremy Bamber his freedom on some technicality has for some time been thoroughly discredited.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2018, 11:17:23 AM »

Everyone at some point has one of those!  @)(++(*

Offline puglove

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2018, 11:46:19 PM »

Lookout is batty and old, but not harmless. She has consistently made spiteful, damaging posts about June and Sheila, for the last five years, when she hasn't got a clue about them, or their way of life, or who they were. She reflects her bitter, blinkered bigotry onto two wholly innocent women because she's deluded about Bamber, and full of self-loathing. And her ignorance is jaw-dropping. Plus, she's a racist and homophobe. She would be totally dismayed if she knew who has pmed me and given me details about her. I haven't used those details, although she thinks that I have. It isn't just me who finds her a horrible woman. She needs to look a little bit closer to home.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline adam

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 06:47:43 PM »
Yes Lookout can be very abusive & often gets her posts removed. However she ticks all the right boxes - elderly female & supporter, so is fiercely protected by the moderator who just says 'I have removed some posts', rather than singling her out.

She is harmless in the respect that what she posts will not influence anyone & she will never campaign away from the forum.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2018, 09:44:53 PM »
IF someone was guilty would they volunteer to take a lie detector test?

also i don't understand why posts are made putting down other posters on the other forum when they are not on this forum to defend themselves. I've joined the other forum as well as i want to learn what i can about this case but i dont see what putting other posters down achieves , everyone is entitled to their opinions and surely what happens on another forum is their business. ?

Offline Alice

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2018, 09:56:29 PM »
I think someone who has read up on the tests and knows how they work would be quite happy to take a test because whatever the result it can be dismissed as quackery. As for the other forum, well I've had a look and frankly most of the people on there are rambling incoherents. Best avoided if you want sensible discussion.

Offline Nicholas

Offline adam

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2019, 07:47:53 PM »
Wasn't Bamber just supposed to say 'yes' or 'no' to expected questions.

Don't see how this would cause him great stress & make him fail.  Even if he was saying 'no' when it should be 'yes'. He was calm enough to commit the massacre.

He had spent years saying he was innocent & was confident enough to testify. So being asked the same straight forward questions by a nice man should not be difficult.

There was no pressure in the test. He requested it. A failed test would not have been made public.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:53:45 PM by adam »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2019, 08:47:34 PM »
Wasn't Bamber just supposed to say 'yes' or 'no' to expected questions.

Don't see how this would cause him great stress & make him fail.  Even if he was saying 'no' when it should be 'yes'. He was calm enough to commit the massacre.

He had spent years saying he was innocent & was confident enough to testify. So being asked the same straight forward questions by a nice man should not be difficult.

There was no pressure in the test. He requested it. A failed test would not have been made public.

There is also the point that being already convicted, he had nothing to lose so the questoons would certianly be less stressful that if he thought he may later lose his freedom.

Offline adam

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2019, 09:35:03 PM »
Bamber would already know exactly or roughly the questions he was going to be asked. He would also know exactly what one word answer he would give.

There was no judge or jury watching him & his answers would not be challenged.

After decades of saying he was innocent, don't see why the lie detector should go off scale when he says 'no'.