Author Topic: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.  (Read 26297 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2019, 06:42:09 PM »
All the professionals agree with me, few are willing to say so publicly though.
What claptrap.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2019, 06:48:52 PM »
Nora Quoirin’s family have said they still have many questions about how their teenage daughter died in the Malaysian jungle as they prepare to bring her body home to London.

The 15-year-old’s unclothed body was found on Tuesday beside a waterfall about a mile and a half from the eco-resort where they were staying. The discovery was made nine days after she went missing from her bedroom.

A post-mortem examination by Malaysian police concluded that Nora, who had learning difficulties, died of starvation after wandering in the jungle for up to a week. They said that any suggestion of abduction was ruled out “for the time being”.

“The cause of death was upper gastrointestinal bleeding due to duodenal ulcer, complicated with perforation... it could be due to a lack of food for a long period of time and due to prolonged stress,” Mohamad Mat Yusop, a police chief, said this week.

A source on the search team said, however, that she could not have walked to the place where she was found dead by herself. “The average gradient of the slopes where Nora was found range from 20 to 40 per cent,” the source told the Daily Mail. “You have to cross two reasonably deep streams to reach the area. The terrain by the stream is very slippery. The roots and rocks are wet. My boots were destroyed by the end and Nora was barefoot.”

Her Irish-French parents, Meabh and Sebastien, said that they were “struggling to understand the events of the last ten days”. They want more answers about what had happened in the days after her disappearance, they said.

After meeting the Malaysian deputy prime minister yesterday, Nora’s family said in a statement: “The initial post-mortem results have given some information that helps us to understand Nora’s cause of death. But our beautiful, innocent girl died in extremely complex circumstances and we are hoping that soon we will have more answers to our many questions.”

A former police officer who has been advising the family urged the authorities to keep an open mind about the cause of her death. Jim Gamble said on the Breakfast programme on BBC One: “The family have always had a question mark of whether there was any criminal activity, and I think everyone should retain an open mind.”

Nora went missing on August 4 from a holiday villa in the Pantai Hills near Dusun. She died between two and four days before her body was discovered by hikers.

The search involved 350 people as well as a helicopter and sniffer dogs. Mr Gamble said: “In the villa we do know that the downstairs window was broken so it couldn’t have been locked by the family and could have been opened from outside. We know why Nora died, in simple terms from starvation, we know where she ended up. But we don’t necessarily know how she got there.”

Police sources in Malaysia disclosed that British and French officers had been carrying out their own investigations. Two officers who stayed will report on their findings, a source told Mail Online.

Nora had the brain defect holoprosencephaly and learning difficulties that meant she struggled with everyday tasks. Her parents have said that she had limited speech and co-ordination.

The family have said they will bring Nora’s body home “where she will finally be laid to rest, close to her loving families in France and Ireland”.

They also thanked the Malaysian authorities and search parties for helping to locate Nora. “Tragically, as we know, this wasn’t enough to save Nora,” they said.

"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2019, 07:00:34 PM »
Nora Quoirin’s family have said they still have many questions about how their teenage daughter died in the Malaysian jungle as they prepare to bring her body home to London.

The 15-year-old’s unclothed body was found on Tuesday beside a waterfall about a mile and a half from the eco-resort where they were staying. The discovery was made nine days after she went missing from her bedroom.

A post-mortem examination by Malaysian police concluded that Nora, who had learning difficulties, died of starvation after wandering in the jungle for up to a week. They said that any suggestion of abduction was ruled out “for the time being”.

“The cause of death was upper gastrointestinal bleeding due to duodenal ulcer, complicated with perforation... it could be due to a lack of food for a long period of time and due to prolonged stress,” Mohamad Mat Yusop, a police chief, said this week.

A source on the search team said, however, that she could not have walked to the place where she was found dead by herself. “The average gradient of the slopes where Nora was found range from 20 to 40 per cent,” the source told the Daily Mail. “You have to cross two reasonably deep streams to reach the area. The terrain by the stream is very slippery. The roots and rocks are wet. My boots were destroyed by the end and Nora was barefoot.”

Her Irish-French parents, Meabh and Sebastien, said that they were “struggling to understand the events of the last ten days”. They want more answers about what had happened in the days after her disappearance, they said.

After meeting the Malaysian deputy prime minister yesterday, Nora’s family said in a statement: “The initial post-mortem results have given some information that helps us to understand Nora’s cause of death. But our beautiful, innocent girl died in extremely complex circumstances and we are hoping that soon we will have more answers to our many questions.”

A former police officer who has been advising the family urged the authorities to keep an open mind about the cause of her death. Jim Gamble said on the Breakfast programme on BBC One: “The family have always had a question mark of whether there was any criminal activity, and I think everyone should retain an open mind.”

Nora went missing on August 4 from a holiday villa in the Pantai Hills near Dusun. She died between two and four days before her body was discovered by hikers.

The search involved 350 people as well as a helicopter and sniffer dogs. Mr Gamble said: “In the villa we do know that the downstairs window was broken so it couldn’t have been locked by the family and could have been opened from outside. We know why Nora died, in simple terms from starvation, we know where she ended up. But we don’t necessarily know how she got there.”

Police sources in Malaysia disclosed that British and French officers had been carrying out their own investigations. Two officers who stayed will report on their findings, a source told Mail Online.

Nora had the brain defect holoprosencephaly and learning difficulties that meant she struggled with everyday tasks. Her parents have said that she had limited speech and co-ordination.

The family have said they will bring Nora’s body home “where she will finally be laid to rest, close to her loving families in France and Ireland”.

They also thanked the Malaysian authorities and search parties for helping to locate Nora. “Tragically, as we know, this wasn’t enough to save Nora,” they said.

I wonder if the source got this wrong. why would British be involved in the investigation- she isn't British!

"Police sources in Malaysia disclosed that British and French officers had been carrying out their own investigations. Two officers who stayed will report on their findings, a source told Mail Online."
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2019, 07:05:33 PM »
Right,y or wrongly she has widely been reported in the press as British, no doubt because she was born and lived all her life in the UK.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2019, 07:07:05 PM »
Also, from the BBC website:

The National Crime Agency (NCA), the Met Police, Irish and French police have also been providing support to Malaysian authorities.

« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2019, 07:52:50 PM »
Right,y or wrongly she has widely been reported in the press as British, no doubt because she was born and lived all her life in the UK.

Nora has a Irish Passport they have lived in the UK many years (20).  I just wonder why the British are involved using tax payers money on another missing child, who has been found on this occasion thankfully.

I feel we should pull this in  and stop trying to solve other peoples issues and concentrate our funds and resources to our own country.

You maybe are correct- they are confused about her nationality.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2019, 07:58:24 PM »
Nora has a Irish Passport they have lived in the UK many years (20).  I just wonder why the British are involved using tax payers money on another missing child, who has been found on this occasion thankfully.

I feel we should pull this in  and stop trying to solve other peoples issues and concentrate our funds and resources to our own country.

She lived in London her whole life, I have no problem with the Met helping to find her.

« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2019, 08:14:55 PM »
She lived in London her whole life, I have no problem with the Met helping to find her.

She has been found. why do they need to investigate? and as I have mentioned in another thread many British biorn children are sent abraod to be married off to old men!  no one looking for them!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2019, 08:23:03 PM »
She has been found. why do they need to investigate? and as I have mentioned in another thread many British biorn children are sent abraod to be married off to old men!  no one looking for them!
What would you like to happen? 

« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2019, 08:09:08 PM »
What would you like to happen?

Because they do not have the resources to track down those known ones- nothing -apart from let the authorities in that country deal with it.  Why make a special case for non British citizen. Let the Maylasian s deal wth their crimes. If French and Irish wasnt to join in so be it. British have enough problems over here.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2019, 10:59:46 AM »

I believe they're British citizens and Nora was born and bred in UK? 

On what basis are UK involved other than the normal assistance through embassy/consular?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2019, 05:22:05 PM »
It would seem there has been a quiet family funeral for young Nóra Quoirin.  No huge media interest/backlash to suggest she was abducted at all- so again the money raised to 'find her'  has also been unspoken of in MSM.

The story has died completely...

« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2020, 02:04:34 PM »
It would seem there has been a quiet family funeral for young Nóra Quoirin.  No huge media interest/backlash to suggest she was abducted at all- so again the money raised to 'find her'  has also been unspoken of in MSM.

The story has died completely...

Just when we thought the story died I find something new to be worrying...

Apparently, the parents individually of each other claim they heard sounds that night. Dad couldn't really describe them as he was half asleep, next to him in bed also half asleep and unknown to him- his wife also hears 'sounds' like people whispering'

Neither go to check on their children because they were half asleep. Hmmmm

Not only did they have a fund to 'find' Nora, of which we hear nothing about, they are suing the resort for negligence due to a faulty window? Cha ching!. that will help to bring back their much loved daughter.

IF they claim their daughter was very disabled and would never go anywhere alone -why bother about a faulty window latch.  unless they are saying their daughter cut loose because of that latch?  bit too far fetched IMO.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8941195/Both-Nora-Quoirins-parents-heard-mysterious-noises-night-teenager-vanished.html

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2020, 08:42:58 PM »
I find it odd that the mother  said she was jet lagged but hadn't she only flown from Singapore?

« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2020, 08:56:36 PM »
I find it odd that the mother  said she was jet lagged but hadn't she only flown from Singapore?

I find the whole situation odd. Again, many discrepancies.  Yes jet lag from Singapore.  *%87