Author Topic: Members posting derogatory comments elsewhere risk account deletion.  (Read 11087 times)

Redblossom

Re: Members posting derogatory comments elsewhere risk account deletion.
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 07:12:41 PM »
Why would anyone want you all to shut up carly, none of you have any impact on the McCann case, and none of you are going to solve it.

Well, the Mccanns want to know who people on the net are....why would  they want to do that? if, in Kate Mccanns words, she is past caring what is written online?

Clarence Mitchell also stated he has ways and means of dealing with internet posters... Threatening much?
 @)(++(*

Have you also never read the myriad comments made here there and everywhere over the years, including in Kate Mccanns book, about this, that and the other forum should be shut down etc? Of course you have, so why the comment about no one saying anything about shutting people up? And who ever claimed to matter or to be able to aolve the case? No one......

Well done admin for dealing with trolls......!!

Offline Jazzy

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 06:37:37 AM »
Very strange thread. Members posting on other forums will be banned. Certain other forums discussed in a derogatory manner within it. People will not be told what to post or think. It is their right to think and express their ideas when and where they want to. Express it in the wrong place, if you don't want to say the parents of a missing child are guilty, and you get a ban.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 07:07:01 AM »
Very strange thread. Members posting on other forums will be banned. Certain other forums discussed in a derogatory manner within it. People will not be told what to post or think. It is their right to think and express their ideas when and where they want to. Express it in the wrong place, if you don't want to say the parents of a missing child are guilty, and you get a ban.

you  got it wrong talking   bad about this forum on other forums  WILL get you banned

Offline Joanne

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 08:48:41 AM »
 People might not like it when comments are removed or warnings/short bans are given, none of us do but that doesn't give licence to start an online war elsewhere in my opinion. Derogatory, unfounded, false, lies and libellous comments don't tend to go down well and when you're named on site after site with the aforementioned it tends to wear thin after a bit. Banning people is ALWAYS our last option.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 03:25:51 PM »

How does anyone know what is being said on other Sites?  Unless there is a rush to read them and then come running to tell tales?
"Please, Sir, somedebody said something rude about you?"

Is this Site incapable of standing by it's own procedures, and has some need to wipe any dissension?

icabodcrane

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 05:29:26 PM »
How does anyone know what is being said on other Sites?  Unless there is a rush to read them and then come running to tell tales?
"Please, Sir, somedebody said something rude about you?"

Is this Site incapable of standing by it's own procedures, and has some need to wipe any dissension?

Why on earth should Admin tolerate those who come here with the sole intention of disrupting the forum,   and whose aim is to shut down any and all open discussion of the McCann case  ?

If that wasn't provocation enough,  these trolls then scuttle off to their dark corners of the internet to boast about being banned as though it were a badge of honour,  and use filthy language to demean, ridicule and slander our moderators and members

Admin have shown admirable tolerance in the past,  but enough is enough

Offline John

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 05:37:04 PM »
How does anyone know what is being said on other Sites? 

It's the internet Eleanor...loyal members report such goings on to the admin.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 05:42:47 PM »
Why on earth should Admin tolerate those who come here with the sole intention of disrupting the forum,   and whose aim is to shut down any and all open discussion of the McCann case  ?

If that wasn't provocation enough,  these trolls then scuttle off to their dark corners of the internet to boast about being banned as though it were a badge of honour,  and use filthy language to demean, ridicule and slander our moderators and members

Admin have shown admirable tolerance in the past,  but enough is enough

No, you are wrong about that.  No one came here with the intention of disrupting the Forum, back in the beginning when there was some sort of balance.
But if you and your ilk want this to become an Anti McCann Site then that is fine by me.  You defeat your own object.

As you rightly point out, we have other places in which to defend The McCanns.

Any sign of any charges against The McCanns yet?

icabodcrane

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 06:03:17 PM »
No, you are wrong about that.  No one came here with the intention of disrupting the Forum, back in the beginning when there was some sort of balance.
But if you and your ilk want this to become an Anti McCann Site then that is fine by me.  You defeat your own object.

As you rightly point out, we have other places in which to defend The McCanns.

Any sign of any charges against The McCanns yet?

There is no  'defence'  of the McCanns in the  'places'  you allude to  ...  there is no discussion or debate which requires any defence,  given that any questioning of the McCanns version of events is simply not allowed

That is why this forum is anathema to the people who frequent those  'places'   ... not because it is biased  (  all views are treated with equal respect )  but  because it  does  allow open discussion and debate

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 06:05:21 PM »
There is no  'defence'  of the McCanns in the  'places'  you allude to  ...  there is no discussion or debate which requires any defence,  given that any questioning of the McCanns version of events is simply not allowed

That is why this forum is anathema to the people who frequent those  'places'   ... not because it is biased  (  all views are treated with equal respect )  but  because it  does  allow open discussion and debate

Spot on as usual.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

drummer

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2013, 10:01:40 PM »
John does this account deletion apply to pro's only? I have already provided you with proof of a prominent posters choice of words/accusations/ridicule towards you and the mods on here on another forum but that poster still remains?

Offline John

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 07:39:23 PM »
Please keep posts relevant to op. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 08:08:16 PM »
John does this account deletion apply to pro's only? I have already provided you with proof of a prominent posters choice of words/accusations/ridicule towards you and the mods on here on another forum but that poster still remains?

It's very simple, any member who brings the forum into disrepute by posting derogatory comments elsewhere will have their membership reviewed. 

I am very aware of who you mean and have read the posts you refer to.  Let's just say three strikes and he's out.

Most members abide by the rules but there is always one or two whose only agenda is to cause derision.  From now on a zero tolerance policy will be applied to troublemakers.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 12:40:18 AM by John »

Offline Jazzy

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
My faith in the fair minded moderation here vanished.  The deleted abuse redblossom posted last night, I'd still like it to be dealt with please, deleting doesn't count. I saw the abuse.

Offline Jazzy

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2013, 08:31:52 PM »
I would appreciate my post being dealt with, as per forum rules, not deleted.