Author Topic: Should there be an amnesty for illegal immigrants living in the UK?  (Read 22655 times)

Offline John

Should there be an amnesty for illegal immigrants living in the UK?

This question was raised again recently as part of the pre referendum debate.  Boris Johnson suggested that an amnesty for the estimated 500,000 illegal immigrants in the UK, most of whom can be found in London, would be the humane thing to do.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-illegal-immigrants-immigration-amnesty-eu-referendum-vote-leave-a7090246.html

We opened up this question on twitter today, follow the result below.

https://twitter.com/Justice_forum/status/748439187423109120

What do you think?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 02:30:54 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

Re: Should there be an amnesty for illegal immigrants living in the UK?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 11:10:58 AM »
Should there be an amnesty for illegal immigrants living in the UK?

This question was raised again recently as part of the pre referendum debate.  Boris Johnson suggested that an amnesty for the estimated 500,000 illegal immigrants in the UK, most of whom can be found in London, would be the humane thing to do.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-illegal-immigrants-immigration-amnesty-eu-referendum-vote-leave-a7090246.html

We opened up this question on twitter today, follow the result below.

https://twitter.com/Justice_forum/status/748439187423109120

What do you think?

So how would anyone on here in favour of that propose 500,000 people being forcibly removed from this country ?

After first putting them into detention.

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 11:14:12 AM »
So how would anyone on here in favour of that propose 500,000 people being forcibly removed from this country ?

After first putting them into detention.

So I take it you are in favour Stephen?  I knew you had something in common with Boris after all.

Note:  453 people have already voted in an hour of whom 73% say remove.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:18:11 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 11:22:06 AM »
So I take it you are in favour Stephen?  I knew you had something in common with Boris after all.

The question of immigration is red hot at the moment.  Despite the small group of bleedin hearters the vast majority of people in the UK are sick to the back teeth of these illegals.  I say repatriate them no matter what it takes.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 11:27:52 AM »

I have noted the comments.

So, how much money will all this cost to remove them, and how much time ?

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:32:13 PM by Angelo222 »

stephen25000

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 11:32:18 AM »
The question of immigration is red hot at the moment.  Despite the small group of bleedin hearters the vast majority of people in the UK are sick to the back teeth of these illegals.  I say repatriate them no matter what it takes.

I would say the vast majority of people actually have the common sense to know it won't happen.

I've no problem with people coming here to work, as long as they contribute to the economy.

However, I do have a problem with the scroungers over here, too lazy to work, and bleeding off the tax payer.

I wonder how many of them voted for brexit ?

It's logic 'Jim', but not as some know it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:50:00 AM by stephen25000 »

Alfie

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 11:42:45 AM »
an amnesty is the expedient solution.  Tracking down and forcibly deporting half a million people would cost this country billions. 

stephen25000

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 11:46:21 AM »
...and if this helps........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10417222/Illegal-immigrants-cost-taxpayer-more-than-4000-a-head-each-year.html

The report said: “The average cost of a voluntary removal is £1,000, and the average cost of an enforced removal is £15,000.

So a bit of simple maths...................

From a lower limit of

500,000 x £1,000 =  £ 500,000,000

To the upper limit

500,000 x £15,000 =  £7,500,000,000

That's assuming of course the number of illegal immigrants is correct.

and I doubt many of these people will readily be deported, so the upper figure could well be an under estimation.

stephen25000

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 11:47:00 AM »
an amnesty is the expedient solution.  Tracking down and forcibly deporting half a million people would cost this country billions.

Precisely Alf.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 12:07:22 PM »
We have to send the right message out...an amnesty would encourage people to come. I have been involved in representing genuine visa applicants at the immigration court...people who are happy to obey the rules governing visas so no one can accuse me of racism. We must have rules. We don't put aside billions but illegal immigrants must know they will be deported. We gave an amnesty to sangatte to solve a problem...all we got was another sangatte.
if we give an amnesty all these people will be able eventually to apply to have their entire family join them in the UK...some posters do not understand the reality of the situation

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 12:35:08 PM »
We have to send the right message out...an amnesty would encourage people to come. I have been involved in representing genuine visa applicants at the immigration court...people who are happy to obey the rules governing visas so no one can accuse me of racism. We must have rules. We don't put aside billions but illegal immigrants must know they will be deported. We gave an amnesty to sangatte to solve a problem...all we got was another sangatte.
if we give an amnesty all these people will be able eventually to apply to have their entire family join them in the UK...some posters do not understand the reality of the situation

Absolutely.  Alf and Stephen would want to fill this country with foreigners which makes me question their motive.

I notice on the forum twitter account that almost 600 people have voted with 75% saying remove illegals, 15% don't remove them and 10% undecided.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:38:57 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 12:37:29 PM »
Absolutely.  Alf and Stephen would want to fill this country with foreigners which makes me question their motive.

Putting words in both me and Alf's mouths  ?

Tell me Angelo, have you had any experience in the field of removing illegal immigrants ? 8)-)))

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 12:41:16 PM »
Putting words in both me and Alf's mouths  ?

Tell me Angelo, have you had any experience in the field of removing illegal immigrants ? 8)-)))

Do you?

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 12:46:59 PM »
Do you?

Did I say I had ?

However, I do have common sense, and I have looked at the numbers involved and the logistics and expense involved at removing 500,00 +  people.

Have you ?

Alfie

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 12:49:19 PM »

I notice on the forum twitter account that almost 600 people have voted with 75% saying remove illegals, 15% don't remove them and 10% undecided.
Oh FFS.  The illegal immigrants are already here, I'm not suggesting importing 500000 MORE illegals.