Author Topic: Sion Jenkins and the murder of Billie Jo - The man of mystery with a fake CV  (Read 13152 times)

Offline John

The man of mystery with a faked CV.

Lois was just 19 when she met Jenkins in London. She was training as a nurse and he was working as a sculptor and supply teacher. They were introduced by a friend who went to the same church as Lois.

The fact that he didn't share much about his past life with her was curiously attractive - it gave him an "air of mystery", she said. Jenkins was 24, ruggedly handsome and - unlike Lois - confident.

He came from a wealthy background, and was, on the face of it at least, well educated. He told her he had gained a degree in art and English from a university in Kent.

It was only after he was arrested - when almost his entire CV was exposed as a deceitful fiction - that she realised the university didn't actually exist, and that his main qualifications were low-grade O-levels and a teaching certificate from a PE college. Friends told her they didn't think the relationship was a good idea. "I was never quite sure why I ignored their advice."

After a 12-month courtship, however, they married in December 1982.

When he was upset or stressed, Jenkins would become violent. Two years ago at the Appeal Court, Mrs Jenkins gave detailed testimony under oath about his explosive temper and what she described as his terrifying, violent outbursts. That part of her evidence was ruled unreportable at the time, and was never put before the trials that ended with hung juries. "The early years of our marriage were quite traumatic because Sion would suddenly become aggressive when he was upset," she said.

"He slapped me in the face on a few occasions but he would quickly calm down and behave as though nothing had happened. I got used to his unusual temper and I found ways of adapting to it."

Despite this, it was also an exciting time in her life. "My four daughters were born within the first six years of our marriage and I threw myself into motherhood."

Read entire article.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:01:39 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline puglove

Passer -by......Hallo!!       8()-000(

Can I ask you your views on the Sion Jenkins case?

Thanking you!
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline sika

Do we know anything about the forensic evidence in this case? In particular, was there a significant amount of blood found on Sion's clothing, consistent with a frenzied attack?

Offline Angelo222

Do we know anything about the forensic evidence in this case? In particular, was there a significant amount of blood found on Sion's clothing, consistent with a frenzied attack?

The prosecution determined that there was and that is one of the reasons the trials went ahead but the juries were never convinced.  In the end it was agreed that the blood spatter on Sion's clothing came from Billie Jo spluttering out blood when he lifted her.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline sika

The prosecution determined that there was and that is one of the reasons the trials went ahead but the juries were never convinced.  In the end it was agreed that the blood spatter on Sion's clothing came from Billie Jo spluttering out blood when he lifted her.
Cheers Angelo.  I'm guessing then, that if his clothing was spattered as he bludgeoned her, this would have been masked when he subsequently cradeled her? 

As he was alleged to have killed Billy Jo prior to making the trip to the DIY store, would his clothing not have been blood stained as he made this trip?

Offline Passer-by

Passer -by......Hallo!!       8()-000(

Can I ask you your views on the Sion Jenkins case?

Thanking you!

Sorry:  I didn't see this!  Getting up to speed . . .

Offline Eleanor

Cheers Angelo.  I'm guessing then, that if his clothing was spattered as he bludgeoned her, this would have been masked when he subsequently cradeled her? 

As he was alleged to have killed Billy Jo prior to making the trip to the DIY store, would his clothing not have been blood stained as he made this trip?

A good point.

Offline Brigadier

Hi Sika, to put the blood splatter into context, it was a very fine mist. It was only detected under close forensic examination. The total number of droplets on his clothing amounted to less than one drop of blood.

Offline Brigadier

No there wasn't a significant amount of blood. The droplets on his clothing amounted to less than one drop of blood. In addition the defence argued against the prosecution case by pointing out that there was no blood on his hands, forearms or back splatter. This is what commonly occurs when an attacker uses a blunt instrument such as in this case. This is all explained in Sion's book.

Offline Brigadier

It was only after he was arrested - when almost his entire CV was exposed as a deceitful fiction - that she realised the university didn't actually exist, and that his main qualifications were low-grade O-levels and a teaching certificate from a PE college.

Not true. He did hold qualifications. He admits to exaggerating slightly on his cv in one point in particular, unfortunately I can't recall what exactly. But then frankly, who doesn't do this to a greater or lesser extent during their careers? He was on the cusp of being promoted on the basis of his experience and recommendations from colleagues when the tragedy happened.

Friends told her they didn't think the relationship was a good idea. "I was never quite sure why I ignored their advice."

Not true either. Prior to the wedding, both parties went out to dinner together and all attended the ceremony itself. There was no suggestion from either side to suggest that it was a bad match.

When he was upset or stressed, Jenkins would become violent. Two years ago at the Appeal Court, Mrs Jenkins gave detailed testimony under oath about his explosive temper and what she described as his terrifying, violent outbursts. That part of her evidence was ruled unreportable at the time, and was never put before the trials that ended with hung juries. "The early years of our marriage were quite traumatic because Sion would suddenly become aggressive when he was upset," she said.

"He slapped me in the face on a few occasions but he would quickly calm down and behave as though nothing had happened. I got used to his unusual temper and I found ways of adapting to it."

Despite this, it was also an exciting time in her life. "My four daughters were born within the first six years of our marriage and I threw myself into motherhood."

Read entire article.

So why did Lois who was working as a social worker never report any of this before? What's more why was it that at her suggestion they applied to foster the two Jenkins children? Why did social services not pick up anything wrong when considering their application? Why did none of the live in nannies report anything? Why did Billie-Joe not raise any concerns during any of her regular meetings with social workers? Why did their natural daughters refute these claims to the extent that Lois had to gag them and prevent them from giving testimony at the original trial?

Lois may well be convinced of her claims still to this day. But it would not be the first demonstrated case of false memories. Or worse still, it would not be the first time someone has lied and given false testimony whilst under oath.

Offline Myster

I haven't studied this case in detail and like the juries in the two retrials, undecided. For those interested in examining the murder of Billy-Jo Jenkins further, a couple of Appeal Court Judgements from 1999 and 2004 below...

http://www.homepage-link.to/Justice/judgements/jenkins/index.htm
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Myster

Sion Jenkins interviewed by Trevor McDonald, part one...

Offline Myster

Part two...

Offline Angelo222

Not true. He did hold qualifications. He admits to exaggerating slightly on his cv in one point in particular, unfortunately I can't recall what exactly. But then frankly, who doesn't do this to a greater or lesser extent during their careers? He was on the cusp of being promoted on the basis of his experience and recommendations from colleagues when the tragedy happened.

Not true either. Prior to the wedding, both parties went out to dinner together and all attended the ceremony itself. There was no suggestion from either side to suggest that it was a bad match.

So why did Lois who was working as a social worker never report any of this before? What's more why was it that at her suggestion they applied to foster the two Jenkins children? Why did social services not pick up anything wrong when considering their application? Why did none of the live in nannies report anything? Why did Billie-Joe not raise any concerns during any of her regular meetings with social workers? Why did their natural daughters refute these claims to the extent that Lois had to gag them and prevent them from giving testimony at the original trial?

Lois may well be convinced of her claims still to this day. But it would not be the first demonstrated case of false memories. Or worse still, it would not be the first time someone has lied and given false testimony whilst under oath.

Jenkins is a cheat and a liar.  He invented qualifications to obtain a senior teaching post.  He denied disciplining his daughters yet his wife and daughters have stated he lied.  The murder of Billie-Jo is still an unresolved murder enquiry.

Siôn Jenkins might have been acquitted after three trials but the High Court refused him compensation on the basis that his innocence has not been established beyond doubt.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

Many thanks for posting those videos Myster.  I can understand why the police were immediately suspicious of Jenkins.  His attempts to justify what he did in the interview with TMcD were futile imo.

Je ne regrette rien!!