Author Topic: Luke Mitchell - Witness Scott Forbes  (Read 80363 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Luke Mitchell - Witness Scott Forbes
« Reply #1170 on: March 17, 2024, 07:21:10 PM »
Only the very few could surmise that DF meant after the murder. It's obvious DC Towers (not Thomson) had already met LM as it was him who was taking his statement that night. On a one to one basis suggests it was not a social or informal exchange. Unless he was buying drugs off him? Do you know if DC Towers owned a caravan or that a child worked in Scotts caravan without adult supervision?

The magic word is ‘have’ rather than ‘had’ and Findlay asked ‘how often have you met the boy before’ not if he had met him before. Once was the answer.

I can’t believe I I have to explain this to you.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline KenMair

« Reply #1171 on: March 17, 2024, 07:51:21 PM »
The magic word is ‘have’ rather than ‘had’ and Findlay asked ‘how often have you met the boy before’ not if he had met him before. Once was the answer.

I can’t believe I I have to explain this to you.

Thanks for explaining it to me. Maybe you can decipher CM & SM's testimonies and explain why none matched each other or LM's police statement. I can't work them out at all.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1172 on: March 17, 2024, 08:20:54 PM »
Thanks for explaining it to me. Maybe you can decipher CM & SM's testimonies and explain why none matched each other or LM's police statement. I can't work them out at all.

That explains a lot.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Chris_Halkides

Re: Dobbie's lack of credibility
« Reply #1173 on: March 18, 2024, 02:06:43 AM »
You’re going to have to do better than that to convince me that everything Dobbie said should be ignored on the basis that it is all likely to be untrue.  I agree Mitchell should have had counsel, why was he denied this?
What evidence would you take?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1174 on: March 18, 2024, 07:10:28 AM »
What evidence would you take?
not isolated quotes from a newspaper interview given post conviction.   Proof that he lied under oath would be a good start.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Chris_Halkides

« Reply #1175 on: March 18, 2024, 11:42:32 AM »
not isolated quotes from a newspaper interview given post conviction.   Proof that he lied under oath would be a good start.
The Daily Record reported, "He [Donald Findlay] singled out the man leading the murder hunt, Detective Superintendent Craig Dobbie.  Mr Dobbie told Mitchell's trial that he had not known of ID parades for persons who were only suspects.  Mr Findlay said: "One had to raise one's eyes at the veracity of the statement of a senior officer.""
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 11:50:23 AM by Chris_Halkides »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1176 on: March 18, 2024, 04:51:20 PM »
The Daily Record reported, "He [Donald Findlay] singled out the man leading the murder hunt, Detective Superintendent Craig Dobbie.  Mr Dobbie told Mitchell's trial that he had not known of ID parades for persons who were only suspects.  Mr Findlay said: "One had to raise one's eyes at the veracity of the statement of a senior officer.""
Is this the sole extent of his alleged lying under oath?  For this we must dismiss his entire testimony?  Does this hold true also for Mitchell and his mother out of interest?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly