Author Topic: Was Paxman correct, McCanns "collaborated with them when it was convenient"?  (Read 21309 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

At what point did it become necessary to work with the press then? Before, during or after the police arrived?

She understood also that since the very beginning either Gerry or the others insisted on stating that Madeleine had been snatched, all using the word "abducted" instead of missing, and all showing much interest in informing the press of the situation.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SILVIA_BATISTA.htm

IF your child was abducted, you would let the police handle everything. I mean everything! Did they know the 'abductor ' wasn't armed? did they not wait for a ransom note? As far as I can ascertain they(T9) did not believe an abductor entered that apartment any more that I believe it (I base this on the testaments of the T9). IMO they made  it up to cover themselves and project themselves as 'victims'.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Robittybob1

IF your child was abducted, you would let the police handle everything. I mean everything! Did they know the 'abductor ' wasn't armed? did they not wait for a ransom note? As far as I can ascertain they(T9) did not believe an abductor entered that apartment any more that I believe it (I base this on the testaments of the T9). IMO they made  it up to cover themselves and project themselves as 'victims'.
In NZ a similar situation occurred, where a daughter went missing, the parents were told not to publicise the case but they knew better and released photos of the missing girl.  I believe that had the effect of putting additional pressure on her abductor. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

In NZ a similar situation occurred, where a daughter went missing, the parents were told not to publicise the case but they knew better and released photos of the missing girl.  I believe that had the effect of putting additional pressure on her abductor.

Indeed, it was also noted that highlighting Maddie's eye 'defect' may have put her in danger. The parents did collaborate to their own agenda, that is why Gerry gives a smile in the interview.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 01:58:37 PM by John »

Offline faithlilly

It must have been a nightmare for Amaral dealing with a group of medical doctors whose arrogance knew no bounds imo.

Indeed.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Carana

What's the purpose of abducted child alerts, then?

Offline Robittybob1

I suppose it is a matter of who gets to see these alerts.  Not all abducted child alerts make it onto TV and headlines in the newspapers.
I'm not sure of the best way to handle the possibility of abduction, all I know is that the NZ police advised the parents against publicity.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

To help the police, who decide whether to issue one and who control what information is released and requested.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

I suppose it is a matter of who gets to see these alerts.  Not all abducted child alerts make it onto TV and headlines in the newspapers.
I'm not sure of the best way to handle the possibility of abduction, all I know is that the NZ police advised the parents against publicity.

Which case was that?

Offline Carana

To help the police, who decide whether to issue one and who control what information is released and requested.

Based on the usual criteria, one wouldn't have been issued in Madeleine's case in any event.

Amaral did, however, write for, and obtained, authorization for her photo, description and distinctive characteristics to be disseminated to the media on 4 May.

IMO the McCanns were the ones who let their daughter down not just by leaving her alone every night even when she was obviously distressed about the situation but also by not cooperating fully with the police. NEVE was the expert in kidnapping and abduction.  In my opinion, as the parents were consumed by their own self preservation, they should have left all the publicity to the police.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 05:01:52 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

Based on the usual criteria, one wouldn't have been issued in Madeleine's case in any event.

Amaral did, however, write for, and obtained, authorization for her photo, description and distinctive characteristics to be disseminated to the media on 4 May.

One of the first photos to appear in the UK media was of the whole family, rather than of the missing member.

Times, 4th May

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

One of the first photos to appear in the UK media was of the whole family, rather than of the missing member.

Times, 4th May

Can’t help thinking that that photograph was released to counteract the neglectful parents narrative.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Can’t help thinking that that photograph was released to counteract the neglectful parents narrative.

Indeed! the scene was set... no caption stating:
1. The children were left alone- one child complained about it and was ignored- later this child 'disappeared'
2. They did not physically check their children at defined intervals as claimed
3. They left a door unlocked- knowing that one child was able to get out of bed and go wandering- to their room or the toilet out an unlocked door
4. There was no evidence of a break-in as was claimed.
5. They were not 'like sitting in a garden'- omitting a road and a pool was between them and the apartment
6. They could not see the childrens bedroom or any entrance of the apartment due to restricted view. bushes and  plastic awning at their table.

Had ALL of this information been made available from day one  I believe a different view of those tapas 9 would have ensued. And I also believe that there would be no pope visit or top honchos in government falling over themselves, or money from the public for a 'search fund'.

Paxman was correct and Gerry knew it that is why he is smirking...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:29:17 PM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

Which case was that?
Murder of Ben Smart and Olivia Hope. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:30:19 PM by John »
Moderation