Author Topic: No Interview This Anniversary ?  (Read 30474 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: No Interview This Anniversary ?
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2018, 01:45:57 PM »
Four days have now passed since the Sun ran with the story as noted in the opening post.  To date it seems no-one else has bothered.  False news? or the Sun being at least four days ahead of the pack? or the sceptics having their wish granted that the main stream media are bored at last and will print no more?

Obviously in my opinion, Kate and Gerry would not be discussing the present police investigation under any circumstances and every aspect of their lives must be centred on that at the moment.

So what else is there to say in an interview which hasn't been said before?  Or what questions based on prior knowledge might now be prejudicial to Madeleine's case if answered or not answered in accordance with Kate and Gerry's current knowledge? 
Bearing in mind they are being kept fully informed of developments.

My heart went out to Katrice Lee's mother, Sharon, who in my opinion spoke for all the others as she told The Sun that Katrice was ‘gone in a matter of seconds’ and describing her life since as:‘It’s living a nightmare that you never wake up from'.

If anyone is disappointed that Kate and Gerry apparently won't be giving an interview this anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance they will be able to get a measure of the despair they may be feeling if they read Sharon Lee's thoughts on the lifetime she has missed with her daughter Katrice and as the police make another attempt to find out what happened to her, as follows ...

‘Nearly 37 years ago we became members of an exclusive club we didn’t ask for membership of – we became parents of a missing daughter.

‘I would dearly love to be able to revoke that membership. although I would like a fairytale ending to our story, I fully appreciate that might not be.

‘But at the end of the day, we will have closure and any emotions that come from that closure we will learn to live with and deal with as we have for the past nearly 37 years.

‘The next five weeks is a double-edged sword for us as a family.

‘We desperately want Katrice to be found but we also know that if anything is discovered during this search then my daughter’s (life) would have been ended in very unsavoury circumstances. That’s another emotion we have learn to live with.’  Sharon Lee
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20180501/282033327814498

It is not the exclusive club, as described above, membership of which we would be envious.  Which in my opinion makes any speculation regarding the interaction with the media unknown territory to those of us blessed never to have known the experience of reliance on it to promote our child's case.

In my opinion whatever action Kate and Gerry may take is for them and them alone to decide and one can only wonder at the criticism being directed at them particularly as it is said accurately or not, that they may be acting on police advice.

You have to wonder though....why now ? Every year since 2012 they have given an interview on the anniversary while the investigation trundled on. Every year they have said in that interview that they can't discuss any specific details about the investigation....why couldn't they simply say that this year ? If, and it is a big if, the Met have asked the parents not to do an interview what are the reasons behind that request because I don't think for one minute it's because they may let something slip about the investigation ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2018, 02:17:44 PM »
You have to wonder though....why now ? Every year since 2012 they have given an interview on the anniversary while the investigation trundled on. Every year they have said in that interview that they can't discuss any specific details about the investigation....why couldn't they simply say that this year ? If, and it is a big if, the Met have asked the parents not to do an interview what are the reasons behind that request because I don't think for one minute it's because they may let something slip about the investigation ?

With all due respect ... I don't have to wonder anything at all.  It is not for me or anyone else in my opinion, to intrude into alleged decisions taken in conjunction with alleged police advice to speculate on alleged decisions made by two sentient adults whose business is none of my concern.

As Sharon Lee so eloquently pointed out she and her family "became members of an exclusive club we didn’t ask for membership of".  I understand precisely what she means by that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2018, 02:53:22 PM »
With all due respect ... I don't have to wonder anything at all.  It is not for me or anyone else in my opinion, to intrude into alleged decisions taken in conjunction with alleged police advice to speculate on alleged decisions made by two sentient adults whose business is none of my concern.

As Sharon Lee so eloquently pointed out she and her family "became members of an exclusive club we didn’t ask for membership of".  I understand precisely what she means by that.

Excellent that you have taken the decision not to wonder but please afford the rest of the forum the freedom to make their own choice.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Brietta

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2018, 03:04:29 PM »
Excellent that you have taken the decision not to wonder but please afford the rest of the forum the freedom to make their own choice.

Please stick to the theme of the thread.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2018, 05:41:01 PM »
But why take the risk?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2018, 09:45:36 PM »
Any news on anniversary interviews or was the Sun correct ?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2018, 10:23:46 PM »
Any news on anniversary interviews or was the Sun correct ?

Correct about what exactly??

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2018, 10:36:12 PM »
Correct about what exactly??

That there would be no interview.......and no thanks again to OG or the HO in their anniversary message.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2018, 11:12:31 PM »
That there would be no interview.......and no thanks again to OG or the HO in their anniversary message.

I'm sure The Sun will be gratified that at long last the stigma of twenty nine years appears to be wiped by the expediency of a non news story.

Offline misty

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2018, 11:42:59 PM »
Official Find Madeleine Campaign
5 hrs ·
May 2018 – 11th Anniversary of Madeleine’s Abduction

It gets harder to know what to say or write as each anniversary of Madeleine’s abduction approaches then passes. Life is full and busy which helps but Madeleine is still missing and she is still dearly missed. Information continues to come in (incredible as it may seem after so long, although we are grateful for that) and work goes on. Perseverance and hope remain.

Thank you to everyone who continues to support us and wish us, especially Madeleine, well. After eleven years such warmth and persisting solidarity is truly remarkable, and at the same time a real tonic and boost to our spirit. We couldn’t bear for Madeleine to be forgotten or to become just a ‘story’. She is a real person and still our ‘little girl’ and as we always have, we will endeavour to do whatever it takes to find her. Thank you so much for staying with us on this mission.

Kate and Gerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-post-heartfelt-12470455
Tracey's report in the Mirror.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2018, 12:05:52 AM »
I'm sure The Sun will be gratified that at long last the stigma of twenty nine years appears to be wiped by the expediency of a non news story.

That is a stigma that will never be expunged.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2018, 12:47:48 AM »
That is a stigma that will never be expunged.

You seem to be coping reasonably well.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2018, 09:31:46 AM »
You seem to be coping reasonably well.

But then again I didn’t have somebody who died at Hillborough.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2018, 09:37:14 AM »
You don’t think that not publicly thanking OG for the work they are doing and the HO for the public money they are providing is ungrateful? I certainly do.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:12:26 PM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2018, 11:31:49 AM »
You don’t think that not publicly thanking OG for the work they are doing and the HO for the public money they are providing is ungrateful? I certainly do.
Why would they thank them when they know the Met are closing in and it's only a matter of a few more tick-tocks before they're nabbed?  That's the logic behind your constantly harping on about this non-issue and it's probbly time to give it a rest IMO.  The McCanns have thanked EVERYONE who has supported them, and that most certainly includes all the police, and public officials who have done everything they can to keep this case funded and active. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly