Author Topic: With The Benefit Of Hindsight Was The 'Tannerman' Sighting Damaging?  (Read 671 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Very imo. 

From the off KM was convinced 'Tannerman' was MM's abductor when in all probability he was Dr Totman going about his lawful business carrying his own child.  Even at the time of writing her book KM still believed 'Tannerman' was MM's abductor; this was obviously at a time before the MET went through the creche records and identified Dr Totman. 

The McCanns have clearly had a lot of input into police investigations and those carried out by private agencies and no doubt the emphasis was very much on the above.   
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:36:28 AM by Holly Goodhead »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: With The Benefit Of Hindsight Was The 'Tannerman' Sighting Damaging?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 10:26:01 AM »
Does anyone know GM/KM's views on the above now?  Are they satisfied 'Tannerman' and Dr Totman are one and the same or are they resistant to change?

I would imagine if you hold a strong belief for so long about such an important matter its difficult to shake off.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:36:58 AM by Holly Goodhead »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: With The Benefit Of Hindsight Was The 'Tannerman' Sighting Damaging?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 11:01:19 AM »
From KM's book, page 449:

Who is the man Jane Tanner saw carrying a child, very probably Madeleine, away from our holiday apartment?

Also From KM's book, page 396:

Inevitably I spent a great deal of time bringing together bits of related data in order to get a clearer picture of what they actually represented.  But I waded through the documents doggedly.  It was essential that I did.  I don't believe anybody else would have examined them in such microscopic detail, or with the same determination or motivation, as Gerry and I.  How could they?  They were not Madeleine's parents.

So given KM convinced herself 'Tannerman' was MM's abductor how could she look through the case files objectively?

Are the emotionally involved the best placed to analyse a mountain of data?