Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 242126 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1245 on: April 17, 2019, 10:21:28 PM »
I've only just caught up with this thread. I notice my joke caused some upset.

Indeed it was, the crux of the joke being, there is little positive to say about them IMO.

It may not be to everyone's taste, but it made me laugh & that's all that matters.

its all that matters to you ...but its not all that matters... you are not the centre of the universe...you may think you are

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1246 on: April 17, 2019, 10:21:54 PM »
If you enjoy black humour about the parents of a missing child, then why not about the child herself?

I remember seeing the age progressed Image of Maddie & thinking,...... doesn't she look well.
Someone must have been taking really good care of her, well, better than her parents did anyway.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1247 on: April 17, 2019, 10:23:01 PM »
I've only just caught up with this thread. I notice my joke caused some upset.

Indeed it was, the crux of the joke being, there is little positive to say about them IMO.

It may not be to everyone's taste, but it made me laugh & that's all that matters.
Your “hilarious “ joke caused me no upset, I enjoyed the fact that it proved so popular with a sceptic who hates that label, thus showing she is really not all that different from your average sceptic McCann basher.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1248 on: April 17, 2019, 10:23:21 PM »
I remember seeing the age progressed Image of Maddie & thinking,...... doesn't she look well.
Someone must have been taking really good care of her, well, better than her parents did anyway.
no doubt the sceptics will love your post

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1249 on: April 17, 2019, 10:27:34 PM »
Have you not got any really sick jokes about Madeleine?  That one is a bit tame, we have fans of black humour here apparently and that one wasn’t really all that.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1250 on: April 17, 2019, 10:28:45 PM »
Your “hilarious “ joke caused me no upset, I enjoyed the fact that it proved so popular with a sceptic who hates that label, thus showing she is really not all that different from your average sceptic McCann basher.

It does give me cause for concern but not upset me...I already realise what a nasty world we live in...people can rationise their nastiness ...nazis ...isis...it doesnt make it right

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1251 on: April 17, 2019, 10:36:42 PM »
Have you not got any really sick jokes about Madeleine?  That one is a bit tame, we have fans of black humour here apparently and that one wasn’t really all that.

Nope sorry. You've had 3 jokes out of me in the past few days. That's about the extent of my repertoire.
I'm not into really sick jokes.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1252 on: April 17, 2019, 10:42:45 PM »
Nope sorry. You've had 3 jokes out of me in the past few days. That's about the extent of my repertoire.
I'm not into really sick jokes.
don't worry your contribution is appreciated.. It really has exposed some posters today

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1253 on: April 17, 2019, 11:44:27 PM »
I think Pegasus put it succinctly when saying ... 
"It is important to seperate crime scene description by witness (truthful fact), from amateur deduction by witness (often incorrect) IMO.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1868.msg255631#msg255631
I think it is something well worth thinking about.

Peggy would know all about incorrect deductions. My deductions are based on actual evidence, crime scene, statements not a burglar who opened the window leaving no evidence then ran away as Peggy invented.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 11:49:40 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1254 on: April 18, 2019, 12:39:24 AM »
no doubt the sceptics will love your post

Unlike supporters who appear to have little sense of humour, despite the copious laughing emoticons, and are a bit....well...poe-faced.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1255 on: April 18, 2019, 07:17:59 AM »
Unlike supporters who appear to have little sense of humour, despite the copious laughing emoticons, and are a bit....well...poe-faced.
got any good jokes about Antony Sharples?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1256 on: April 18, 2019, 08:05:44 AM »
wellwe will get a dead piglet and test your ability to find which carpet square were in contact.  See if you can do better than 75% correct.

The thing is ... under test conditions ... it is known what the sample consists of and exactly where it will be placed ... and the dogs don't get it right often enough for a dog alert to be considered as evidence.

In the field ... the only confirmation there is of a dog alert is if some vestige of human remains or a complete body is recovered.

Human remains can lie undiscovered for many years to be found entirely by chance despite intensive dog searches for the missing person the at the time of disappearance and subsequently.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1257 on: April 18, 2019, 08:17:32 AM »
got any good jokes about Antony Sharples?

Isn't he dead? The McCanns aren't. Did he mislay a child? The McCanns did. Why mention him? Who knows.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1258 on: April 18, 2019, 08:22:23 AM »
Peggy would know all about incorrect deductions. My deductions are based on actual evidence, crime scene, statements not a burglar who opened the window leaving no evidence then ran away as Peggy invented.

Pegasus is one of those rare posters who I think actually is what it says on the tin and posts the evidence to back up the fact of his/her impartiality and fairness.

S/he has looked at and presented both sides of the argument on occasion and has an open minded, rational explanation for Madeleine exiting the apartment in conjunction with the open window as described by Kate.
Whom s/he describes as an "honest witness" ... which totally flies in the face of sceptic belief, so I can see the difficulty you may have with that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1259 on: April 18, 2019, 08:52:51 AM »
Pegasus is one of those rare posters who I think actually is what it says on the tin and posts the evidence to back up the fact of his/her impartiality and fairness.

S/he has looked at and presented both sides of the argument on occasion and has an open minded, rational explanation for Madeleine exiting the apartment in conjunction with the open window as described by Kate.
Whom s/he describes as an "honest witness" ... which totally flies in the face of sceptic belief, so I can see the difficulty you may have with that.

Can it be proved that a witmess is honest? If not then assuming that they are is a sign of bias imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0