Author Topic: New search of reservoir near Silves  (Read 7703 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: New search of reservoir near Silves
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2023, 01:41:02 PM »
Could tunnel vision be at play here where the German judicial authorities are concerned?

Remember what happened with Redwood and his search of Praia da Luz. Could this be history repeating itself?
Or could they be acting on a credible tip off which may or may not yield results?  Why wouldn’t or shouldn’t they conduct such a search on receipt of new and credible information?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2023, 01:42:53 PM »
Pat brown redoing the rounds again. Got to say the intro to the video is hilarious on YouTube.

It is hilarious as she hasn't got a clue what she's talking about.  Every time I look at her she looks madder.  She says 'it's a headache,  it's annoying' why?  What's it all to her?   Managed to plug her book didn't she.   How would Gerry be driving around,  they didn't have a car until about three weeks after Madeleine went missing.   If he had collected Madeleine's body to put it somewhere else where was it to start with?  Does she ever think of that?

Offline Lace

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2023, 01:44:57 PM »
Technology has changed since 2008.   They have a much better chance of finding something now.  If not Madeleine they may find other things that have been discarded such as her clothes.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2023, 02:17:36 PM »
According to Jon Clarke (Olive Press) the police are optimistic of discovering up to three children's bodies - this seems far-fetched to me but if they do discover Joana as well as Madeleine heads will certainly implode. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Rossb

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2023, 02:36:40 PM »
It is hilarious as she hasn't got a clue what she's talking about.  Every time I look at her she looks madder.  She says 'it's a headache,  it's annoying' why?  What's it all to her?   Managed to plug her book didn't she.   How would Gerry be driving around,  they didn't have a car until about three weeks after Madeleine went missing.   If he had collected Madeleine's body to put it somewhere else where was it to start with?  Does she ever think of that?

I think mysty said she called him a patsy still. I did not watch it all but why somewhat fourteen years later a patsy and why or would the Germans get out of something they don't care about unless it's been linked with. I could not imagine the vile on cmomm now.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2023, 03:18:50 PM »
Or could they be acting on a credible tip off which may or may not yield results?  Why wouldn’t or shouldn’t they conduct such a search on receipt of new and credible information?

When the search yields nothing in two days time, can it still be said the information they received is credible?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2023, 03:25:32 PM »
When the search yields nothing in two days time, can it still be said the information they received is credible?

It might be changed to incredibly unreliable, particularly if the dogs turn up nothing.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2023, 03:40:56 PM »
It may be worth bearing in mind that because a two day search of a large reservoir and the land around it doesn't turn up the body of Madeleine McCann it doesn't mean that it is definitely not there.  Look at the smart arses who were utterly convinced Nicola Bulley's body wasn't in the river, and look how long it took to locate it even though it was so close to where she was last seen, and even though only a few days had passed since her disappearance.  Personally I think it's highly unlikely that Madeleine's body will be recovered at this late stage even with precise co-ordinates given on its likely resting place, but we shall see.  Of course many will be keeping their fingers crossed for a German fail, which is nice of them. 

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2023, 03:52:07 PM »
It may be worth bearing in mind that because a two day search of a large reservoir and the land around it doesn't turn up the body of Madeleine McCann it doesn't mean that it is definitely not there.  Look at the smart arses who were utterly convinced Nicola Bulley's body wasn't in the river, and look how long it took to locate it even though it was so close to where she was last seen, and even though only a few days had passed since her disappearance.  Personally I think it's highly unlikely that Madeleine's body will be recovered at this late stage even with precise co-ordinates given on its likely resting place, but we shall see.  Of course many will be keeping their fingers crossed for a German fail, which is nice of them.

Equally, some people will no doubt be hoping this search yields results. Which would mean Madeleine had been murdered by a paedo & dumped in a reservoir. What an appalling thing for them to be hoping for. Shame on such people. Poor Maddie.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2023, 11:07:55 PM »
From the Times today

Why is the Portugal reservoir search for Madeleine McCann significant?
Sean O’NeillMay 04 2023, 6.00pm
Madeleine’s younger sister Amelie, 18, attended a small gathering in her home village of Rothley, Leicestershire, lighting a candle and thanking people for attending a “sad occasion”. Later Kate and Gerry McCann, the missing girl’s parents, said in a statement: “We love you and we’re waiting for you. We’re never going to give up.”

Privately, they know and understand that German, Portuguese and British police think their daughter was murdered by Christian Brueckner, a known sex offender serving a prison sentence in Germany for rape.

Brueckner, 45, denies any involvement but has been the prime suspect in Madeleine’s disappearance since 2020. He is an opportunistic sex offender with a history of burglary and petty theft. Police suspect that he entered the McCann’s unlocked holiday apartment intent on burglary and abducted Madeleine because he could.

However, despite extensive investigations across Europe, police have not found the evidence to bring him to court.

Brueckner is known to have frequented the area around Praia da Luz, where the McCanns were on holiday, and mobile phone records place him close to their apartment on the night she was taken. German authorities say “certain tip-offs” have led them to begin searching a reservoir and surrounding land about 30 miles from Praia da Luz. They appear to be conducting carefully planned searches as they look for Madeleine’s remains.

The developments will provoke mixed emotions in the McCann home. If police find what they are looking for it will dash the family’s slim hopes. Yet, as one family member said recently, “bad news” could bring some closure.

The McCanns may also take some comfort in knowing their persistence, specifically appeals on the tenth anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance in 2017, led to Brueckner being identified as a suspect.

They have not wavered in the face of vilification and abuse. The couple, both doctors, have been asked at a press conference whether they murdered their child, officially named as suspects by the Portuguese police, booed by crowds in the weeks after Madeleine’s disappearance and relentlessly trolled on social media.

Yet they persisted. They persuaded the Labour home secretary Alan Johnson to commission a report into the handling of the case by Jim Gamble of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection centre. When his report was ignored by the Home Office, the McCanns forced David Cameron, the prime minister, to launch a Scotland Yard review of the case in 2010.

The McCanns never gave up and made repeated appeals, including in 2012, when they released an image of what Madeleine would look like five years after she went missing
The McCanns never gave up and made repeated appeals, including in 2012, when they released an image of what Madeleine would look like five years after she went missing

Gamble says the new searches “have the potential to be more than a false dawn — the police are not just going through the motions”.

More than £13 million of public money has been spent on the UK arm of the investigation and there has been criticism that other unsolved murders do not get the same attention — but is it wrong for grief-stricken parents to fight for justice and use every available weapon?

It is also worth remembering that the present investigation might not have been necessary if police had done their job properly, in terms of basic searches, examining phone data and keeping an open mind, in 2007.

8@??)(

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2023, 08:28:08 AM »

Gamble says the new searches “have the potential to be more than a false dawn — the police are not just going through the motions”.

Ok Jim, if you say so. Wake me up when they find Maddie & Brueckner is charged.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2023, 08:49:20 AM »

Ok Jim, if you say so. Wake me up when they find Maddie & Brueckner is charged.

Is that a promise?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2023, 08:56:32 AM »

Offline Venturi Swirl

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2023, 09:23:56 AM »
I see Shining In Luz got there early to keep an eye on developments

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12116411/Madeleine-McCann-cops-number-bags-away-search-site.html?ito=link_share_article-image-share#i-24d55abfe55531a8

A woman was seen handing over a child that looked like Madeleine to some man.  That'll be Kate McCann then.  No?