Author Topic: Assistance from Avon Fire and Rescue Service  (Read 13178 times)

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
Re: Assistance from Avon Fire and Rescue Service
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 04:32:28 PM »

It's starting to show through mrswah.... The Fire Services involvement was far more significant than they have lead the PUBLIC to believe...

The images comes from a News Agency... It's a screen shot of one of their reports at the time... It may have even been screened live at the time ??

Now you know why you can't find any pictures of The Fire Service and what they were doing.... You never know what you may find!!!

The vast majority of the public know nothing whatsoever about the fact that the fire and rescue service played such a big part in the recovery of Joanna Yeates' body.

A few weeks ago, a poster called Nina, who knows the Longwood Lane area well,  was able to tell us a little more about the location of the body. As soon as we invited her to elaborate, she disappeared!

Offline [...]

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2017, 04:35:43 PM »
"Special Services"...  That was the Catergory the Fire Service had listed as their involvement in this incident...

I'm trying to establish, how this Special Service would be applied in this case....

So far I have discovered that it would be chargeable.... So how much did it cost to have 8 Vehicles and 27 men attend Longwood Lane over 4 days???

Plenty I would imagine...

So why did they need them for so long???  That is a really important question... Joanna Yeates body had been recovered by 4:45pm on the 25th December 2010.. So that should have been the end of the Fire Service's involvement....

I haven't found Avon and Somerset's Call charges... But I'm sure they would be similar to other Fire Services around the country... so I'm linking a pdf with Costs of such services ...

http://www.wyfs.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Special-Service-Charges.pdf 

Take NOTE... these charges are by the HOUR!!! 

Again.. I have found a quote from a pdf from another Fire Service :

North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service
Special Service Calls Standard Operating Procedure
Page 2 of 5
Please note this is the website version of this document. If you are a member of NYFRS staff please use the intranet version
to the public or general public misfortune arises from a natural disaster.
(iii) Removing chimney pots etc which have become a danger to the public or
have not arisen as a result of a natural disaster.
(iv) The sheeting of roofs where the damage is not a result of storms or other
natural disasters.
(iv) Services which involve trapped animals or birds, etc.
(vii) Replenishing water supplies.
(viii) Filling of swimming pools etc.
(ix) Taking part in a media production.
(x) Providing safety cover at a media production.
(xi) Providing standby cover at large Public Events

https://www.northyorksfire.gov.uk/useruploads/files/financial_transparency/special_service_calls_procedure.pdf

As far as I can see... In this instance... it was completely chargeable..... They were not saving someone life or putting out a fire...

Again it makes you question.... Why 8 Appliances... and Why 27 Personnel??? Who are Charging by the Hour!!

Another little point... Apparently if it is a none emergency they are Not allowed to travel at speed and use their sirens.... I don't know if they did!!!

EDIT..... what would the recovery of a body on a Grass Verge come under in their list of Chargeable Services????  And how can having so many appliances out of action be justified... (not being disrespectful)..
When it was only one person on a Grass Verge

Offline [...]

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2017, 06:50:52 PM »
Ok.... I've found something and don't know quite what to make of it....

It's a pdf.... I used FRS Incident Number: 019064-25122010 to find it ..... It seems to pertain to the recover even though it's not as detailed as mrswah's... 

I'll link the Pdf... But I have taken screen shots of the information... you will understand when you look at the pdf why I have done it this way...

Why has the pdf of mrswah only got one incident number???

If they had attended for different reasons and different days... surely they would have more than one incident number.....

I've attached 3 images of incidents around the same time that have had request for them I cannot confirm if they are related or not....  but they just peaked my interest... One of the screenshot is the same Ref Number as mrswah's ...

But it got me thinking because it only had one date attached to it....  Being 25th December 2010...when they covered 4 days .....

And the other two... even though they have different numbers roughly being at the time made me wonder...

1018680-18122010    18/12/2010 15:59:19   SpecialService      Other outdoors (including land)

019064-25122010     25/12/2010 13:04:48  SpecialService      Grassland, woodland & crops 

019333-28122010     28/12/2010 04:54:08  SpecialService       Outdoor structure

As I say I cannot be 100% sure that these are all in Bristol ..... but it just had me thinking.... This pdf cannot be for the whole country can it?????

There are 82 pages to this pdf... with 3 incidents per page covering .... years 2009- 2013  So that is ....

82 x3 = 246 incidents

246 divided by 4 = 88 incidents a year.. roughly...   or roughly 1 and a quarter incidents a week....

So being part of the same PDF I deduced that it must be for the same Fire Service... and as mrswah's FRS Incident Number: 019064-25122010 is there..  I thought it must be either Avon and Somerset or Bedminster...

But it could also be simply requests people have made.... Do people make request like this all the time ???

Incident number Date/time Incident Type Property Type 01/04/2013 02 ...

This quote is what google listed when I put mrswah's number in... That was how I came across the pdf!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/246979/response/611634/attach/4/fofi%202938%20CODE.pdf

Offline nina

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2017, 02:25:16 PM »
hello mrswuh, well I suppose I did disappear but it was because the weather had turned and I am working. What do you want to know about L/Lane?

What I can do is to give you all an apology for my description of Joanna being found in a ditch, which gives the impression of quite a deep hole. Not so, I was talking to a friend who travels down L/Lane twice daily along with hundreds of other people, he told me that it was more like a slight impression in the ground (that was already there) where Joanna was placed. The rest of the description is right the slight curve etc. I was going by memory from 2009. So again my apologies.

You need to know that L/Lane has no street lights at all, so I don't know how Tabak managed to see whatever he was trying to do. Also that half of L/Lane has no residential houses and before you all start putting pictures of buildings up these are commercial/agricultural buildings. Therefore any CCTV points not towards the entrance gates but the buildings. Hope that this may add something to this very sad event (for both parties). If I can help in any way ask away, unfortunately it was on my doorstep.

Offline nina

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2017, 02:34:42 PM »
Nine was asking about the paper rack in Bargain Booze it contained the Bristol Evening Post and I don't know what the headlines were you have to pay money for that sort of info from the Post archives! The picture was obviously from CCTV and the date 17/12/10 so Joanna was not missing at that point and as far as I remember Bristol had no serial maniacs running around at that time (polite cough) apart from V.Tabak.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2017, 04:09:16 PM »
Nine was asking about the paper rack in Bargain Booze it contained the Bristol Evening Post and I don't know what the headlines were you have to pay money for that sort of info from the Post archives! The picture was obviously from CCTV and the date 17/12/10 so Joanna was not missing at that point and as far as I remember Bristol had no serial maniacs running around at that time (polite cough) apart from V.Tabak.

There is no evidence that Vincent Tabak was a "serial maniac".  Not even the police have ever claimed that. As for there being no serial maniacs in Bristol at the time, well, we don't know, do we? I couldn't say if we have any in my part of the world either, for that matter.

However, thanks for the info about Longwood Lane, Nina. I have never been there, and it is interesting to hear from someone who actually knows the place. I had looked on Google maps, 192, etc, and had deduced that many of the buildings were commercial ones.

Interesting what you say about there being no street lighting. It makes me wonder whether whoever killed Joanna dumped the body during daylight hours. Covering a body with leaves, etc is not likely to be an easy thing to do in the dark.

As a matter of interest (and, of course, I will understand if you don't want to answer), how does your friend know exactly where Joanna's body was found?

Offline [...]

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2017, 04:28:52 PM »
hello mrswuh, well I suppose I did disappear but it was because the weather had turned and I am working. What do you want to know about L/Lane?

What I can do is to give you all an apology for my description of Joanna being found in a ditch, which gives the impression of quite a deep hole. Not so, I was talking to a friend who travels down L/Lane twice daily along with hundreds of other people, he told me that it was more like a slight impression in the ground (that was already there) where Joanna was placed. The rest of the description is right the slight curve etc. I was going by memory from 2009. So again my apologies.

You need to know that L/Lane has no street lights at all, so I don't know how Tabak managed to see whatever he was trying to do. Also that half of L/Lane has no residential houses and before you all start putting pictures of buildings up these are commercial/agricultural buildings. Therefore any CCTV points not towards the entrance gates but the buildings. Hope that this may add something to this very sad event (for both parties). If I can help in any way ask away, unfortunately it was on my doorstep.

Hi Nina...

How would it be possible for a body to be left on Longwood Lane undetected for 8 days?

And if you can remember how deep was the snow ?

Offline nina

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2017, 04:31:15 PM »
No you're right he isn't a `serial' killer, my apologies again.

Google maps are good but given that the ones most are looking at were taken in summer it makes the topography `wrong' if you know what I mean.

I doubt very much whether Joanna was put there during the day too many cars around. Putting leaves on would have been a pretty hard job, but I don't know whether the moon was out or full or obscured that night. Depends, don't you think?

I don't mind answering your question because he wasn't even in Bristol that weekend. After L/Lane was opened there were cones around just one spot quite a small spot apparently.

Hope this has answered some of your questions. I will try not to be so flippant about V.Tabak in the future, but he did say he did it and I believe him. However I will answer anything I can truthfully.

Offline nina

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2017, 04:40:13 PM »
Nine, how on earth would I know about the 8 days? I mean I wasn't going up and down L/Lane each day but I can hazard a guess, my friend told me that no gritting had been done there so you have vehicles throwing that first lot of snow onto the verge, which froze, then we had more snow. That's the best I can do for that question.

I will ask my friend when I next see him about the approx. depth of the snow, as he travelled from Monday 20th to the Friday morning down L/Lane, so if he remembers he might be able to give us a good idea about it.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2017, 04:45:34 PM »
Many thanks for your help, Nina--much appreciated!

Offline John

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2017, 05:00:45 PM »
Just thought I'd add this image to this topic as people may skim the threads...

This is an image of a Fire Serviceman wearing A Rope Access harness...  If they were recovering her from the verge on the side of the road... why on earth would the Fire Service need Rope Access Harness ???

She had to be inaccessible... Period!

I've attached 2 screenshots from the PDF that mrswah posted... makes a little more sense now.....

It says they help in the recovery of a body and also that 2 harnesses were used....  Up until now I assumed because there was no other way to prove differently... That the information about straps and harness related to the straps they said they used to lift her from the verge...

But since I discovered the image of the Fireman wearing his rope access harness.. I am now of the opinion that there must have been at least 2 Fire Service personel who adorned this equipment...

The question is why.... Why would you need 2 Fire Service personel wearing Rope Access Harness's to recover Joanna Yeates from a Grass Verge????

The only reason for the use of such equipment is that she was located over the wall down into the quarry... Or there was something else over the wall they needed to recover...

They may list it as Animal harness's ... but we can clearly see that it is not!!!

Why is the Incident Catergory Classed as "Special Service" ????

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8188.msg404562#msg404562

I would say the latter, they needed to find out if anything had been thrown over the wall.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:33:18 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline [...]

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2017, 05:09:58 PM »
I would say the latter, they needed to find out if anything had been thrown over the wall.

Why didn't they just the gate opened and go round to see.... obvious answer really

Offline John

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2017, 05:26:19 PM »
Why didn't they just the gate opened and go round to see.... obvious answer really

There was a big drop over the other side of the wall into the quarry below so I surmise the only way the area could be surveyed properly and safely was by using a hoist supplied by the Fire & Rescue Service.  Nothing sinister and little if anything to do with the recovery of the victim imo.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 05:46:18 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline AerialHunter

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2017, 06:35:42 PM »
There was a big drop over the other side of the wall into the quarry below so I surmise the only way the area could be surveyed properly and safely was by using a hoist supplied by the Fire & Rescue Service.  Nothing sinister and little if anything to do with the recovery of the victim imo.

Wholeheartedly agree with on this point John, no point anyone taking risks at this juncture and they would have to conduct a proper search of the area.
There is none so noble or in receipt of his fellows unbridled adulation as that police officer who willingly deceives to protect one of his own kind and, by virtue of birthright, extends that privilege to his family.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2017, 10:22:24 AM »
I did write to the Avon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service a little while ago, and they sent me the same report!