Author Topic: Julie Mugford (girlfriend)  (Read 71133 times)

Offline Tim Invictus

Re: Julie Mugford (girlfriend)
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2012, 08:56:04 PM »
Try and leave with some "dignaty" Cluddy!

Offline John

« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2012, 10:54:45 PM »
What a suprise. You cannot delete your account unless the admin authorise it. No wonder you have so many members, you cannot leave. You really are a tit, and a abusive one at that. Twunt.

We don't collect members like they do on the blue forum as some sort of trophy.  Any accounts which have never posted or which have been dormant for more than 3 months are automatically expunged.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2012, 01:32:45 AM »

I think that was a balanced view of what I was trying to explain David.
The police needed to get all the skeletons out of the cupboard so to speak. It should also be remembered that JM never went to the police in the first place. The question must be asked would she have ever done so, knowing she was aware that JB was going to murder his entire family. Surely it follows that she was not to bothered as long as she became the lady of the manor.
I repeat this does not clear JB, but make JM an accessory

Buddy.  You make some reasonable points so why spoil it with the side show?  I for one want to hear more of your views on the Bamber case so that we can see if there is any common ground.

You are right about Julie not going to the police however as the police in the form of DS Stan Jones went to see her following a telephone call by a female informant to Witham police station.  Jones drove all the way to Colchester to see Julie Mugford who was staying in a house owned by Liz Rimmington's ex boyfriend, Malcolm Waters.

Julie had confided in both Rimmington and Waters in relation to Jeremy's involvement in the murders, if she had not done so then the police would never have been any the wiser.

So in reality it was Julie who brought about a police response by her own actions.  She didn't have to but she did...she made the right choice in the end.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:36:37 AM by David »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Dillon

« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2012, 07:34:55 AM »

I think that was a balanced view of what I was trying to explain David.
The police needed to get all the skeletons out of the cupboard so to speak. It should also be remembered that JM never went to the police in the first place. The question must be asked would she have ever done so, knowing she was aware that JB was going to murder his entire family. Surely it follows that she was not to bothered as long as she became the lady of the manor.
I repeat this does not clear JB, but make JM an accessory

Buddy.  You make some reasonable points so why spoil it with the side show?  I for one want to hear more of your views on the Bamber case so that we can see if there is any common ground.

You are right about Julie not going to the police however as the police in the form of DS Stan Jones went to see her following a telephone call by a female informant to Witham police station.  Jones drove all the way to Colchester to see Julie Mugford who was staying in a house owned by Liz Rimmington's ex boyfriend, Malcolm Waters.

Julie had confided in both Rimmington and Waters in relation to Jeremy's involvement in the murders, if she had not done so then the police would never have been any the wiser.

So in reality it was Julie who brought about a police response by her own actions.  She didn't have to but she did...she made the right choice in the end.

It would be good if we could discuss these issues without it turning into a slanging match, which can be very off putting for other members.   

Offline Joanne

« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2012, 04:55:52 PM »
I wonder how many times since the trial (probably a thousand), Julie has been approached by the newspapers, glossy's (as I call them, magazines like take a break, chat, hello etc) and possibly book publishers offering her thousands for 'her story and life after the WHF tragedy' stories or even a film deal since it seems every major event seems to be a film (Amanda Knox story, JonBenet Ramsey, Craigslist killer, 911 etc).
I think the fact she chose to move out of the country probably speaks volumes-this is something I had asked about when I joined-why did Julie move? She has maintained a dignified silence, I wonder how much 'rubbish' she's had to cope with like 'Could she have stopped it?' etc?

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2012, 04:58:30 PM »
I wonder how many times since the trial (probably a thousand), Julie has been approached by the newspapers, glossy's (as I call them, magazines like take a break, chat, hello etc) and possibly book publishers offering her thousands for 'her story and life after the WHF tragedy' stories or even a film deal since it seems every major event seems to be a film (Amanda Knox story, JonBenet Ramsey, Craigslist killer, 911 etc).
I think the fact she chose to move out of the country probably speaks volumes-this is something I had asked about when I joined-why did Julie move? She has maintained a dignified silence, I wonder how much 'rubbish' she's had to cope with like 'Could she have stopped it?' etc?

Good post, Joanne. Julie made the original deal with the NOTW after taking legal advice to stop the press hounding her - she then kept out of the public eye, there is no way that Julie hasn't been offered NUMEROUS book deals.

Offline John

« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2012, 05:05:49 PM »

Very well put Joanne.  Julie has indeed maintained a dignified silence all these years when she could have milked it for £1000's had she wanted to.  I believe deep down she is a good person, her family certainly think so.   8((()*/
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »

Good points as always Jo. Muggers should never have done that NOTW spread and made herself look so cheap but since then her behaviour has been beyond reproach. She has had an excellent career in an honourable profession (teaching)and hasn't sought to make any capital out of being the star witness in such a high profile crime.

I bet Julie hates that NOTW article and regrets ever doing it.

Offline goatboy

« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2012, 08:53:01 PM »

Good points as always Jo. Muggers should never have done that NOTW spread and made herself look so cheap but since then her behaviour has been beyond reproach. She has had an excellent career in an honourable profession (teaching)and hasn't sought to make any capital out of being the star witness in such a high profile crime.

I bet Julie hates that NOTW article and regrets ever doing it.

The NOTW feature and the photoshoot in particular was probably a mistake in hindsight but as has been said, the only way to get journalists off her back was to sell her story, after that she could be left alone. Anyway, she probably had little or no say in what actually would end up in the final piece.

The blue forum would have us believe that her refusal to court the press and carry on selling her story since the trial is a sign that she was suddenly stricken by her conscience and she couldn't cope with the guilt of sending an innocent man to prison. Whereas presumably if she had sold her story to the highest bidder at the drop of a hat every year since, that would be proof of her conviction in her story? And the Bamber supporters wouldn't say her testimony was meaningless because it would be motivated by pure greed?

I don't believe for a second that someone would put their whole life on the line and risk being convicted of perjury just to get even with a man who apparently jilted them. I just cannot see that would be motivation enough. And while £25,000 may have been a fortune in 1986 it certainly wasn't enough to retire on. If money was her motivating factor she would have milked her experience for more I'm sure.

Another thing I read on Tesko's site the other day is that they could have called Julie at the appeal in 2002 (and remember she made the long journey to the court when she was under no legal obligation to do so), but chose not to as this would jeopardize any chances of producing her as a witness in court during a later appeal. This beggars belief in my opinion. If your case has gone to the Court of Appeal wouldn't you throw absolutely everything you had in to get a result? After all there would be no guarantees of any further appeals (he is still waiting, remember). The only reason that makes sense as to why she was not called as a defence witness is that she simply was of no further use to them to further his cause. Perhaps they were bluffing when they called her and would have implied her refusal or failure to attend was proof of her testimony being untrue. In Mike Tesko's world you might sit on evidence for years which could get someone out of jail in an instant. I doubt the legal profession works that way.

Offline abs

« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »
No matter how you choose to look at it, there was something majorly skewed about this girl, Julie Mugford, back in the eighties.
One of the things I have the hardest time wrapping my head around is that she SAW the five victims dead, including the little boys, and she still chose to have a relationship with Bamber for a month, knowing he was behind the HORRIFIC murders (don't care whether she thought they were committed by a hitman or not - makes little difference, doesn't it!)?? And I cannot imagine what goes through your head - keeping in mind she had actually seen the victims - to allow NOTW to use that half-sleazy photo of her; or maybe even giving it to them.
I don't know how she is now, but it is clear she had some issues back then.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:18:48 PM by abs »

Offline puglove

« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2012, 12:21:27 AM »
I wonder why JB called JM (recorded, Mike) before he languidly leafed through the phone book, instead of calling 999, when his dad had said "come quick, your sister has gone crazy with the gun."

Cocky, but not very bright.   8-)(--)
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline John

« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2012, 01:45:15 AM »
I wonder why JB called JM (recorded, Mike) before he languidly leafed through the phone book, instead of calling 999, when his dad had said "come quick, your sister has gone crazy with the gun."

Cocky, but not very bright.   8-)(--)

Phoning Julie at 3.00am was an unusual thing to do and more or less caught her off guard.  Why did she tell him to go to bed if there was an emergency at the farm?  I don't think he told Julie the entire story.

Offline goatboy

« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »
The time of call to Julie was independently confirmed by other witnesses in Julie's house (none of whom had anything to gain by lying to the police remember-unless they were part of this conspiracy too?). I can well believe their testimony on this, remember if you were fast asleep and woken by a ringing phone in the middle of the night your first thought would be "who the hell is calling at this hour?" and looking at the clock. Though of course Mike Tesko says her housemates' testimony cannot be trusted as they were all drug takers or dealers. I agree Mike, we should completely disregard and ignore anyone's views if they have committed crimes at one stage of their lives  8(0(*

Offline John

« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2014, 12:28:20 AM »
Your views John are the polar opposite of my own so we will have to agree to disagree.  There seems little point in going round in circles debating points that have been done to death. 

It strikes me that the beliefs about WHF are akin to religion, ie some believe in gods and some don't, but there's no direct evidence to support the existence of any god or that none exist and so the debate rages on.

I prefer to look at the evidence Holly and see where that takes me.  Jeremy had been threatening to get rid of his family for months before he eventually did it, even persuading Julie to get tranquillisers from her GP so that he could investigate how effective they were.  That in itself was by no means normal healthy behaviour for a young man, I really don't know why Julie humoured him for so long.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2014, 12:21:25 PM »
I prefer to look at the evidence Holly and see where that takes me.  Jeremy had been threatening to get rid of his family for months before he eventually did it, even persuading Julie to get tranquillisers from her GP so that he could investigate how effective they were.  That in itself was by no means normal healthy behaviour for a young man, I really don't know why Julie humoured him for so long.

I'm afraid John I can't accept JM as being a reliable witness.  Any 'normal' woman would surely have dumped a boyfriend who discussed outline plans to murder his family?  I can understand a boyfriend saying something like 'I could murder my family for committing me to xyz; I wanted to watch the football/rugby/cricket final' but anything more than this and I would be out the door quicker than a rat up a drain pipe.  JM claims she was on occasion so distressed by his verbal plans that she became tearful.  I can't buy into this idea that JB had some sort of mystical hold over her.  JM was not an unattractive woman and she had a bright future ahead of her with or without JB.  She was a well educated woman with a promising career to look forward to in the teaching profession.  She did not need JB as a meal ticket.  She was not a vulnerable young woman in this regard.  I think she was used and abused by EP.  I would like to know if she received any independent legal advice and where was her birth father or step-father during the trial?  We only see pics of her mother accompanying her to court.

On the Sat before the murders she put the twins to bed at Colin's.  This incl a bedtime story.  She then identified them at the morgue on the following Thursday.  She then continued an intimate relationship with JB: sleeping with him, weekends away, hols, eating out.  If he really said the things she claims he said about murdering his family surely she must have had an inkling from day 1 especially given that she ended up as chief prosecution witness?  So why wait until JB ended the relationship to 'come clean'.  Her WS of 8th Aug completley contradicts those thereafter.

I respect your views and those of others who see JM as a credible witness but I absolutely do not.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?