Author Topic: Portuguese judicial secrecy law and its impact on the Madeleine case.  (Read 52293 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Portuguese judicial secrecy law and its impact on the Madeleine case.
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2017, 07:04:57 PM »
The McCann's were not charged and are not under investigation.

They were not in danger.

Madeleine and her siblings were.
Danger of what?  Not in danger of what?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2017, 09:13:22 PM »
They were disadvantaged because media reports, such as the following, actually formed part of the official PJ files - and in the world of the Portuguese courts that makes the contents facts.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2585.jpg
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2586.jpg
Being an older geezer who grew upwith slide rules and Telex where we were charged by the letter transmitted..................blx
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline sadie

« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2017, 11:29:53 PM »
Being an older geezer who grew upwith slide rules and Telex where we were charged by the letter transmitted..................blx

Being an older woman, who grew up with slide rules and Telex .... I say blx to your remark.

The disinformation promoted in both those webpages would be most damaging.  Well done misty for finding them 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2017, 07:47:34 AM »
They were disadvantaged because media reports, such as the following, actually formed part of the official PJ files - and in the world of the Portuguese courts that makes the contents facts.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2585.jpg
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2586.jpg

The newspaper stories were published, that's the fact, not necessarily the content of the stories.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2017, 07:51:40 AM »
The newspaper stories were published, that's the fact, not necessarily the content of the stories.

It's the expectation that the investigation wouldn't keep copies of news reporting of the case that is a little odd.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2017, 08:28:02 AM »
It's the expectation that the investigation wouldn't keep copies of news reporting of the case that is a little odd.

It's the context. One of the stories is about the 'pact of silence'. According to Sol they contacted Russell O'Brien who said;

“I have nothing further to tell you. I am not going to dishonour the compromise I assumed with Kate and Gerry. They want to control all information that is disclosed”.
https://joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/2008/03/madeleine-case-pact-of-silence.html?m=0
Result = happy posting.

Offline misty

« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2017, 11:28:12 AM »

The contents of the stories are part of the investigative evidence otherwise they wouldn't be in the files.

Offline sadie

« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2017, 11:42:11 AM »
It's the context. One of the stories is about the 'pact of silence'. According to Sol they contacted Russell O'Brien who said;

“I have nothing further to tell you.  I am not going to dishonour the compromise I assumed with Kate and Gerry. They want to control all information that is disclosed”.
https://joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/2008/03/madeleine-case-pact-of-silence.html?m=0

I am having difficulty in believing that any educated, or even uneducated, Brit would use that sentence.  It is such unatural speech that I cant help wondering if it is made up.

Was the article written from an unbiased stance, do you think?   Is it bona fide? 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2017, 12:48:12 PM »

“I have nothing further to tell you. I am not going to dishonour the compromise I assumed with Kate and Gerry. They want to control all information that is disclosed”.

That's a strange one.

According to SOL the informant was David Payne.

Madeleine Case - A Pact of Silence SOL

By Felicia Cabrita and Margarida Davim
30 June 2007

Snip
Contrarily to the GNR elements and the Ocean Club's staff, who participated in the searches on the night before and assure they did not see Murat around, Gerry and some of his friends guarantee that he was there. And thus he becomes an arguido.

Gerry and Kate's friends, who are interrogated tightly by the PJ over almost a month, refuse to clarify this contradiction, when asked by Sol. "We have a pact. This is our matter only. It is nobody else's business", says David Payne, another element with the group.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id117.htm

It is probably worth taking note that the article is dated 30th June 2007;  which was at the height of the campaign to discredit all and sundry with even the slightest connection to Kate and Gerry McCann and Madeleine's case.

It is at a time shortly after Madeleine's disappearance and covered by Judicial Secrecy Law which did not appear to restrict Portuguese papers in what lies they chose to print.  It did restrict rebuttal or response from those who had been assured breaking the law would result in severe penalty.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2017, 01:29:03 PM »
Only relevant comments on this thread please.

All post relating to the Cipriano case have been moved here.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »
Only relevant comments on this thread please.

All post relating to the Cipriano case have been moved here.

Five'll get you ten it morph's into another friggin' dog thread  @)(++(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Online Eleanor

« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2017, 01:43:04 PM »
Five'll get you ten it morph's into another friggin' dog thread  @)(++(*

Oh, the irony.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2017, 03:04:12 PM »
I am having difficulty in believing that any educated, or even uneducated, Brit would use that sentence.  It is such unatural speech that I cant help wondering if it is made up.

Was the article written from an unbiased stance, do you think?   Is it bona fide?

Twice translated, but quite clear. Gerry and Kate wished to control what was said.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2017, 04:00:44 PM »
Twice translated, but quite clear. Gerry and Kate wished to control what was said.

There seems to be a bit of an obsession when it comes to issues of "control" usually without benefit of a primary source.

A classic example perhaps being Clarence Mitchell and "Monitor" in English which translates to "controlar" in Portuguese ... it is has come up for discussion on the forum on many occasions.

One can of course make a fairly accurate guess why none of the so called tapas seven would give the time of day to the Portuguese press.

Paramount being they did not wish to break Portuguese law and risk spending time in a Portuguese jail.

Followed closely by the knowledge of the vile lies printed against them and their innocent friends who had lost their daughter in the weeks prior to the alleged claim hitting the newsstands ... not to mention the fevered keyboards of bloggers on a mission.

Did Gerry say it ... I think not.
Did Russell say it ... I think not.
Did David say it ... I think not.
Does it matter one whit outwith the realms of the fantasy of the internet if anyone said it ... I think not.

The fact remains the aforementioned had all been misrepresented and viciously accused of the most horrendous crimes by entities which seemed to be above the secrecy law ... and which they had been assured they were not.

It is rather touching the way in which the Portuguese tabloid, "SOL" is viewed by some Brits ... do you know if the British tabloid, "SUN" is afforded the same respect in Portugal?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2017, 07:59:22 PM »
There seems to be a bit of an obsession when it comes to issues of "control" usually without benefit of a primary source.

A classic example perhaps being Clarence Mitchell and "Monitor" in English which translates to "controlar" in Portuguese ... it is has come up for discussion on the forum on many occasions.

One can of course make a fairly accurate guess why none of the so called tapas seven would give the time of day to the Portuguese press.

Paramount being they did not wish to break Portuguese law and risk spending time in a Portuguese jail.

Followed closely by the knowledge of the vile lies printed against them and their innocent friends who had lost their daughter in the weeks prior to the alleged claim hitting the newsstands ... not to mention the fevered keyboards of bloggers on a mission.

Did Gerry say it ... I think not.
Did Russell say it ... I think not.
Did David say it ... I think not.
Does it matter one whit outwith the realms of the fantasy of the internet if anyone said it ... I think not.

The fact remains the aforementioned had all been misrepresented and viciously accused of the most horrendous crimes by entities which seemed to be above the secrecy law ... and which they had been assured they were not.

It is rather touching the way in which the Portuguese tabloid, "SOL" is viewed by some Brits ... do you know if the British tabloid, "SUN" is afforded the same respect in Portugal?

Why are you so upset at the idea that the McCanns wanted to be in control of what was said to the press? It makes sense to me.
Result = happy posting.